The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Well-Being Appointment

Hey,

I'm hoping to get an appointment with the well-being team sometime next week for my mental health and I was wondering what happens at the first appointment and where do I go in the Catalyst building?

Absolutely terrified about the whole thing, but I know I've made the right decision of making the appointment.

Chloe
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Hi Chloe,

If you're looking to book an appointment with our Wellbeing team, you can do this by visiting the Catalyst helpdesk on the first floor. When you walk through the doors, it'll be on your far right. You can also contact the team by emailing [email protected] or by calling 01695 650 988.

When you arrive for your appointment, you'll be asked to fill in a Wellbeing Assessment form, as it'll be your first time using the service. This is done to help you think about what you'd like to discuss, and can be left blank if you wish. In your appointment, you can chat about your concerns and a member of our Wellbeing team will help you create an action plan. Using this, both you and the member of the team can work towards resolving any issues. They can also help you access services within or outside of the university if you wish. Afterwards, you can arrange another appointment, and choose to chat face-to-face or over email.

You can read more about this here.

Hopefully this has given you a clearer idea of what our Wellbeing service does - let me know if you have any other questions!

Alex
Reply 3
Hi,

I’ve been given an appointment for Friday but how do I find out the time of it or where about it is in the Catalyst? Does the form I get given do I have to give it back to the receptionist or do I keep hold of it?

Also, what is the best way to get to the Catalyst from Back Halls (Rathbone)?

Thank you,
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi Chloe,

If your appointment didn't indicate a time, I'd contact the Wellbeing team again ([email protected] or call 01695 650 988.

I've attached a map of campus to help you find the Catalyst building. To get there from halls, go left towards the Students' Union building, then go to the left of it (or through it) so you're facing the Hub. Go left from here, and the Catalyst building will be the large building in front of you. When you're here, go to the main reception and let them know you have an appointment. While you fill in the form, the Wellbeing Advisor will greet you and take the form (or you may be pointed where to go).

Alex
Reply 5
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi Chloe,

If your appointment didn't indicate a time, I'd contact the Wellbeing team again ([email protected] or call 01695 650 988.

I've attached a map of campus to help you find the Catalyst building. To get there from halls, go left towards the Students' Union building, then go to the left of it (or through it) so you're facing the Hub. Go left from here, and the Catalyst building will be the large building in front of you. When you're here, go to the main reception and let them know you have an appointment. While you fill in the form, the Wellbeing Advisor will greet you and take the form (or you may be pointed where to go).

Alex

Stupid question but do you have to knock or just go straight into the building?
Hi Chloe

You'll just go straight into the building. Go through the automatic doors at the entrance, and you'll see the helpdesk on your right. Once you've let our helpdesk know you're there to see Wellbeing, someone from the team will likely come to the helpdesk to greet you.

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending