The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Have a few questions on what to do when I arrive :)

Made it to Cardiff and among other things, registering with a GP is on the list of things to do on arrival. I read it somewhere that I must do this the first week I make it but I can't seem to find that page. Anyway, if anyone could confirm that alongside suggestions of GP's/Clinics I should register with, that would be appreciated :smile:

Probably a dumb question, but since It's a week or so before enrollment I don't know If I can collect my Student ID yet. If anyone could let me know whether I can, I'd highly appreciate it :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Made it to Cardiff and among other things, registering with a GP is on the list of things to do on arrival. I read it somewhere that I must do this the first week I make it but I can't seem to find that page. Anyway, if anyone could confirm that alongside suggestions of GP's/Clinics I should register with, that would be appreciated :smile:

Probably a dumb question, but since It's a week or so before enrollment I don't know If I can collect my Student ID yet. If anyone could let me know whether I can, I'd highly appreciate it :smile:

For clarity, I'm a prospective student also, not a current one.

I don't know about it being a must to sign up with a local GP but it will make healthcare easier. It's something I'll be doing in the initial week as there'll be more time. As I'm a fresher also, I obviously can't recommend a specific surgery. Cardiff website info on it: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/when-you-arrive/registering-with-a-gp

Yeah you can pick up ID now. Having completed the online enrollment, which you should be able to do, is a requirement for the ID. Cardiff website infor on it: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/new-students/when-you-arrive/cardiff-university-student-id-card
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch

Even though the official university guidelines say you must register as soon as possible, the reality is the uni don't really check up on whether you register or not. I only registered with a GP in my second year because of an illness, and it was extra hassle on top of being ill. It'll make your life easier to register during Freshers when most of the uni residences have registration events for Park Place Surgery, which is the university branch of nearby Roath House Surgery. You are free to register with any local GP surgery, just check online reviews/recommendations.

Hope this helps,
Kate.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending