The Student Room Group

love story between an atheist and a muslim.

so i am 17 year old guy from sweden. my girlfriend is 16, she is muslim, i am atheist. i know her for 5 years now. we are neighbors. our houses, i mean our parents houses are next to each other. we became friends firstly then slowly we fall in love with each other. we are now dating for 3 years. because she is muslim we only hold hands and hug, our relationship is pure.

3 months ago my parents found out i am dating her. they are christians. they got mad especially my father. they kept saying that i will go to hell so i told them i am atheist. my father told the father of my girlfriend to stop his daughter from following me. he knows that her parents are strict. my girlfriends parents got really mad at her, they took her phone away. when she is going to the school she goes with a chauffer. by the way both our family's are wealthy.

my parents keeps threatening me that they will throw me out of the house or that he will.not make me inherit any of his money.

my mother keeps saying she will kill herself if i dont convert to christianity and to leave/stop thinking about my girlfriend.

my girlfriend room and my room are close to each other, this past weeks i go to her room secretly at night of course with her help.that is the only chance we have to talk. last night she cried a lot. i never seen her so sad. she told me that they say bad words to her. i dont like to see her cry.

what to do? we are not 18 so its more difficult.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
so i am 17 year old guy from sweden. my girlfriend is 16, she is muslim, i am atheist. i know her for 5 years now. we are neighbors. our houses, i mean our parents houses are next to each other. we became friends firstly then slowly we fall in love with each other. we are now dating for 3 years. because she is muslim we only hold hands and hug, our relationship is pure.

3 months ago my parents found out i am dating her. they are christians. they got mad especially my father. they kept saying that i will go to hell so i told them i am atheist. my father told the father of my girlfriend to stop his daughter from following me. he knows that her parents are strict. my girlfriends parents got really mad at her, they took her phone away. when she is going to the school she goes with a chauffer. by the way both our family's are wealthy.

my parents keeps threatening me that they will throw me out of the house or that he will.not make me inherit any of his money.

my mother keeps saying she will kill herself if i dont convert to christianity and to leave/stop thinking about my girlfriend.

my girlfriend room and my room are close to each other, this past weeks i go to her room secretly at night of course with her help.that is the only chance we have to talk. last night she cried a lot. i never seen her so sad. she told me that they say bad words to her. i dont like to see her cry.

what to do? we are not 18 so its more difficult.

Honestly sounds like it would be easier to wait until you're 18 to try and be together. That way you can't be controlled by your parents anymore.
I agree with the post above. You should wait till you are both 18. Until then, you are living under your parents’ home, so you should respect their rules. Good luck !
run away
Elope?
Wait till you are 18. That’s the best option
Pretend you are not dating her - although atheist and theist relationships are hard to make work anyway! Not nice your mum is basically telling you she will kill herself if you do not convert. All you can do is either; be true to yourself and not listen to her or pretend to convert, but that is the start of any manipulation to come.
Reply 7
Original post by MrMusician95
Pretend you are not dating her - although atheist and theist relationships are hard to make work anyway! Not nice your mum is basically telling you she will kill herself if you do not convert. All you can do is either; be true to yourself and not listen to her or pretend to convert, but that is the start of any manipulation to come.

i will pretend that i converted to christianity but i dont think.they will believe me. if there is a religion to convert to i will choose islam. christianity/bible is far from the thruth.
Reply 8
Original post by Blackpanther93
Wait till you are 18. That’s the best option

i only have to wait for a year but my girlfriend will have to wait 2 years. that will be hard for her.
i will pretend that i converted to christianity but i dont think.they will believe me. if there is a religion to convert to i will choose islam. christianity/bible is far from the thruth.

They are all way too far from the truth lmao.
Original post by MrMusician95
They are all way too far from the truth lmao.

they are in ranks lol. i studied both religions and islam seems more logical than christianity anyway i cant believe in any religion but i already planned to convert to islam when i become adult, i will convert for her because i want to marry her
You may be a Athiest or something but your girl is a Muslim she’s going to keep her faith and in the future you would have problems with that. Never ever decide to elope you will ruin her entire life and you alone can never keep her happy remember that. Feelings change, you are very young at the moment and things won’t be like this forever let alone even a year. If you do care about her crying and all then remember running away with her and all of not in her best interest or yours. Listen to your parents and move on from each other for your own sanity and hers. Be friends if you have to but this wont last forever.
I just read that you are interested in converting to Islam in that case you have to do it for your own choice. You don’t count as a Muslim if your being forced or doing it for other reasons other than the belief in it. When she falls deeper and love with you and your not practicing this will cause hugeeeeee problems and they get bigger and bigger when kids are involved. I suggest you read up and acctually accept it as your faith, then you have the option to marry her as a true Muslim ☺️
I am actually really proud of you to have read about it and considered to convert in order to marry her.
Her parents, ideally, should have no problem with this.
And this is one very sweet story. :cry2:
they are in ranks lol. i studied both religions and islam seems more logical than christianity anyway i cant believe in any religion but i already planned to convert to islam when i become adult, i will convert for her because i want to marry her
(edited 4 years ago)
Second that, make sure you actually love Islam as much as you love her.
PRSOM <3
Original post by YourQueen
I just read that you are interested in converting to Islam in that case you have to do it for your own choice. You don’t count as a Muslim if your being forced or doing it for other reasons other than the belief in it. When she falls deeper and love with you and your not practicing this will cause hugeeeeee problems and they get bigger and bigger when kids are involved. I suggest you read up and acctually accept it as your faith, then you have the option to marry her as a true Muslim ☺️
It says I can't rep you OP, that means I know you. :ninjagirl:
Original post by -Quava-
It says I can't rep you OP, that means I know you. :ninjagirl:

OP’s clearly a troll: his mum will kill herself if he doesn’t convert and at night he somehow climbs the walls to her window? :rolleyes:

Yh, that’s some fake Romeo and Juliet crap right there..
Original post by YourQueen
You may be a Athiest or something but your girl is a Muslim she’s going to keep her faith and in the future you would have problems with that. Never ever decide to elope you will ruin her entire life and you alone can never keep her happy remember that. Feelings change, you are very young at the moment and things won’t be like this forever let alone even a year. If you do care about her crying and all then remember running away with her and all of not in her best interest or yours. Listen to your parents and move on from each other for your own sanity and hers. Be friends if you have to but this wont last forever.

Even though the OP’s fake, what you’ve written is bs. There are many multi-faith marriages/relationships out there: one of my friend’s mum is Muslim and she’s married to a Christian, and they’ve been married for over 30 years. So no, it’s not a given that he wouldn’t be able to make her happy or that she would never develop feelings for him. And such a relationship could last forever.
doesn't sound like a pure relationship
I know plenty of mothers who will use that line/ have used that line. :/
There are people in these circumstances.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
OP’s clearly a troll: his mum will kill herself if he doesn’t convert and at night he somehow climbs the walls to her window? :rolleyes:

Yh, that’s some fake Romeo and Juliet crap right there..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending