The Student Room Group

(manu)vering through year 12

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crow_M
Runner? Yayy welcome to the club girlll

Good job in maths and English lit, I'm sure that you're on track and that's what matters. Just work hard and you won't fall behins. PM me if you need help in Maths, I'm actually frustrated/annoyed that my class is struggling a bit and I've been doing so much extension work so we aren't moving on :s

Future lawyer or psychologist? 🤔

Keep up with the great quality posts, it's nice to read them ^^

:woo:
aw thank you, will do:smile:
lawyer is a no no:lol: psychologist maybe not, but something related to mental health, definitely.
:hugs::heart:

Original post by 04MR17
Don't expect the theory stuff in crime to be taught in the same way as tragedy. In tragedy the genre follows a lot more of a pattern (and the sub-genres within have more specific patterns. Especially related to plot.

Crime writing is much more of a collection of texts containing similar components. Though there have been attempts to construct an abstract plot to a crime narrative.

ah okay, thanks for letting me know! i feel like i'm not learning anything but maybe that's 'cause i'm used to the way tragedy's being taught.
if it followed a pattern that'd be a lot easier:lol::sadnod:
A-level Maths is only A-level Maths when you have a ton of work to do after every lesson. :sad:
Original post by nyxnko_
A-level Maths is only A-level Maths when you have a ton of work to do after every lesson. :sad:

the work never seems to end:sadnod:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
the work never seems to end:sadnod:

It won't until exams :sad:
Original post by nyxnko_
It won't until exams :sad:

we'll get through it:console:
we'll get through it:console:

i know but still... :console: :sad:
listening to: khai dreams - fireflies

hi guys, hope you're all doing fab:smile:
the workload's been steadily increasing and the neverending pile of hw i seem to have makes me wish i could go back to gcses where i could doss a little and still pass:frown:

anyway, i didn't do as much work as i'd like this weekend because my family insisted on having a bbq on saturday:grumble:
on friday i got a call back from one of the places i applied for a job for:biggrin: they told me that they'd call back saturday morning so i hanged around my mobile phone for most of the morning and answered the phone when they called. basically had a 20 minute interview on the phone which didn't go as good as it could've been had i prepared:redface: why i didn't bother prepping, i don't bloody know. i was shaky even though i was on the phone and answered the questions the best i could; thankfully the lady was really nice about it.
and then she left the phone for a min after the questions and came back and said i'm invited to recruitment day:woo:
so next week after school on the 26th september i'm gonna have to go straight to the place and go through the recruitment process; it looks like i'll be doing a lot of stuff but hopefully something'll good come out of it:dontknow: even if i don't get the job, i'd have learnt lots i guess.

and then sunday was a bit up and down due to a horrific moment with my rabbit which i'd rather not go into detail (it still makes me upset to talk about it) but she's ok now thankfully.

i did do some homework over the weekend too, mainly maths and it's kinda making me very frustrated as i'm spending ages over some of the questions eg. i could spend an hour on one question agh and still not get the right answer. definitely need more practice, hopefully will see some progress over time as i just feel like i'm getting nowhere.

today i had english lit and psychology.
english lit, we looked at a typical fairytale structure and saw how a tragedy could've fitted into said mould eg. we looked at hamlet today (though it's not a text we're studying) and had to identify the different figures that you could find in fairytales. it was quite interesting as we're encouraged to think about tragedy in a different way. class has become noticeably smaller again; i think 6/7 people must've dropped lit now.

psychology we looked at some case studies related to infants and attachment and the first teacher taught us this neat method to help us memorise the key info:yep: defo useful!
then with the other teacher we did some more stuff on memory- more on long term and encoding today; answered a few textbook questions at the end.

i came back home, showered, had dinner (tuna pasta bake) and then started with homework around 6. mainly maths again as i wanted to start on another sheet given by the other teacher on indices. managed to do all questions on said sheet bar one so i'm gonna ask her about it when i have her next time.

did some psychology work also; read through a case study and compiled it into a revision page. very interesting case study:yep:

favourite actor/actress, if you have one?

Spoiler

listening to: khai dreams - fireflies

hi guys, hope you're all doing fab:smile:
the workload's been steadily increasing and the neverending pile of hw i seem to have makes me wish i could go back to gcses where i could doss a little and still pass:frown:

anyway, i didn't do as much work as i'd like this weekend because my family insisted on having a bbq on saturday:grumble:
on friday i got a call back from one of the places i applied for a job for:biggrin: they told me that they'd call back saturday morning so i hanged around my mobile phone for most of the morning and answered the phone when they called. basically had a 20 minute interview on the phone which didn't go as good as it could've been had i prepared:redface: why i didn't bother prepping, i don't bloody know. i was shaky even though i was on the phone and answered the questions the best i could; thankfully the lady was really nice about it.
and then she left the phone for a min after the questions and came back and said i'm invited to recruitment day:woo:
so next week after school on the 26th september i'm gonna have to go straight to the place and go through the recruitment process; it looks like i'll be doing a lot of stuff but hopefully something'll good come out of it:dontknow: even if i don't get the job, i'd have learnt lots i guess.

and then sunday was a bit up and down due to a horrific moment with my rabbit which i'd rather not go into detail (it still makes me upset to talk about it) but she's ok now thankfully.

i did do some homework over the weekend too, mainly maths and it's kinda making me very frustrated as i'm spending ages over some of the questions eg. i could spend an hour on one question agh and still not get the right answer. definitely need more practice, hopefully will see some progress over time as i just feel like i'm getting nowhere.

today i had english lit and psychology.
english lit, we looked at a typical fairytale structure and saw how a tragedy could've fitted into said mould eg. we looked at hamlet today (though it's not a text we're studying) and had to identify the different figures that you could find in fairytales. it was quite interesting as we're encouraged to think about tragedy in a different way. class has become noticeably smaller again; i think 6/7 people must've dropped lit now.

psychology we looked at some case studies related to infants and attachment and the first teacher taught us this neat method to help us memorise the key info:yep: defo useful!
then with the other teacher we did some more stuff on memory- more on long term and encoding today; answered a few textbook questions at the end.

i came back home, showered, had dinner (tuna pasta bake) and then started with homework around 6. mainly maths again as i wanted to start on another sheet given by the other teacher on indices. managed to do all questions on said sheet bar one so i'm gonna ask her about it when i have her next time.

did some psychology work also; read through a case study and compiled it into a revision page. very interesting case study:yep:

favourite actor/actress, if you have one?

Spoiler

Listening to: Man's not Hot - Big Shaq (just kidding :lol:)

(Manu)vering? More like smashing Year 12 ^-^.

Congratulations on your interview, make sure that you show curiosity to learn and go with an open mind and you'll do fine.

I'm sorry about your rabbit (they're cute animals :v), I've had a few bad moments with my cat so I know the pain :hugs:

I recommend that you look at easy examples and then slowly progress into hard ones. Look at example exercises so you get the hang of it.

The English Literature pupils got traumatised :rofl:

Good effort with the independent studying, I recommend that you find some extension work (if you really want a huge challenge I recommend Brilliant, it's available on App Store and Play Store. (Or I can give you a stupidly hard question that my Maths teacher gave me on indices :facepalm:)

Keep up with the good work! I enjoy reading these threads ^-^

Favourite actor? I don't really have one. I like Tony Stark character in Marvel Movies and I really enjoyed the movie To All The Boys I've Loved Before on Netflix, it was quite good.

Anyways, enough with this waffling :lol:
Original post by Crow_M
Listening to: Man's not Hot - Big Shaq (just kidding :lol:)

(Manu)vering? More like smashing Year 12 ^-^.

Congratulations on your interview, make sure that you show curiosity to learn and go with an open mind and you'll do fine.

I'm sorry about your rabbit (they're cute animals :v), I've had a few bad moments with my cat so I know the pain :hugs:

I recommend that you look at easy examples and then slowly progress into hard ones. Look at example exercises so you get the hang of it.

The English Literature pupils got traumatised :rofl:

Good effort with the independent studying, I recommend that you find some extension work (if you really want a huge challenge I recommend Brilliant, it's available on App Store and Play Store. (Or I can give you a stupidly hard question that my Maths teacher gave me on indices :facepalm:)

Keep up with the good work! I enjoy reading these threads ^-^

Favourite actor? I don't really have one. I like Tony Stark character in Marvel Movies and I really enjoyed the movie To All The Boys I've Loved Before on Netflix, it was quite good.

Anyways, enough with this waffling :lol:

staple british song amirite:lol:
i've only just started, lets not be too premature:rofl:
ah thank you! just hoping nerves don't get the better of me aha
yeah, it sucks to see pets in pain:sadnod:
the example exercises are sometimes for the easy stuff so i have to rack my brain really hard when it comes to the hard questions:yucky::laugh: just hoping with a bit more practice i'll get better over time!
will have a look at that (when i get better at maffs) thanks:colondollar:
ah thank you that means a lot:hugs:
yes robert downey jr's amazing:gah: will be very sad to see him leave the mcu:frown: and yes to all the boys i've loved before was so good:yep:
(edited 5 years ago)
staple british song amirite:lol:
i've only just started, lets not be too premature:rofl:
ah thank you! just hoping nerves don't get the better of me aha
yeah, it sucks to see pets in pain:sadnod:
the example exercises are sometimes for the easy stuff so i have to rack my brain really hard when it comes to the hard questions:yucky::laugh: just hoping with a bit more practice i'll get better over time!
will have a look at that (when i get better at maffs) thanks:colondollar:
ah thank you that means a lot:hugs:
yes robert downey jr's amazing:gah: will be very sad to see him leave the mcu:frown: and yes to all the boys i've loved before was so good:yep:

Big Shaq is a loving father... :rofl: :facepalm:

Hopefully they won't, but if they do you have a room to relax, it's called The Student Room x)

Pets in pain = Horrible :sadnod:

Soon you'll be able to do some quick maffs :smile:

It's sad to see these actors leaving, Robert was the reason that I liked Marvel... rip :mad:
But tbh I think that Marvel will extend it, they better do.

I know! The movie was too cute :v
Last time I saw Hamlet one of the actors was completely drunk.:mmm:

Well done on that interview.:yay:

As for homework, if you physically can't get it done: don't do it all.
Well done for getting onto the recruitment session:rave:
:jumphug: about your rabbit :console:
Yum yum tuna pasta bake :cookie:
@entertainmyfaith YOU DIDN'T TAG ME!!! :angry: I thought you were just not updating... :frown: TAG MEEEEEEE PLZZZZ
Original post by MaizieAmyr
@entertainmyfaith YOU DIDN'T TAG ME!!! :angry: I thought you were just not updating... :frown: TAG MEEEEEEE PLZZZZ

either you didn't say specifically that you wanted to be quoted or i forgot:colondollar: sorry, will add you to the list when i'm at home!

Original post by Crow_M
Big Shaq is a loving father... :rofl: :facepalm:

Hopefully they won't, but if they do you have a room to relax, it's called The Student Room x)

Pets in pain = Horrible :sadnod:

Soon you'll be able to do some quick maffs :smile:

It's sad to see these actors leaving, Robert was the reason that I liked Marvel... rip :mad:
But tbh I think that Marvel will extend it, they better do.

I know! The movie was too cute :v

i didn't expect you to like that film:laugh:

Original post by laurawatt
Well done for getting onto the recruitment session:rave:
:jumphug: about your rabbit :console:
Yum yum tuna pasta bake :cookie:

:jumphug:
thank you:hugs: i'm just glad she's okay now
yaas:drool:

Original post by 04MR17
Last time I saw Hamlet one of the actors was completely drunk.:mmm:

Well done on that interview.:yay:

As for homework, if you physically can't get it done: don't do it all.

i bet that was very interesting! we just watched a little bit of the benedict cumberbatch one where he does the speech then the teacher showed us this really funny bbc skit of the to be or not to be speech:rofl:
thank you:hugs:
i just feel liek putting more effort is necessary now as it's a-level!:redface:
i bet that was very interesting! we just watched a little bit of the benedict cumberbatch one where he does the speech then the teacher showed us this really funny bbc skit of the to be or not to be speech:rofl:
i just feel like putting more effort is necessary now as it's a-level!:redface:
I've seen the BBC sketch. Where Prince Charles comes in at the end?:giggle: My favourite moment: "Oh my word. It's Eddie Redmayne"

Nah A Level is the same effort level: 100% :yes:
either you didn't say specifically that you wanted to be quoted or i forgot:colondollar: sorry, will add you to the list when i'm at home!

i didn't expect you to like that film:laugh:

:jumphug:
thank you:hugs: i'm just glad she's okay now
yaas:drool:

i just feel liek putting more effort is necessary now as it's a-level!:redface:

Yeah, I may not have actually said, who knows. :rofl: Thanks. :hugs:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
The title of this GYG wins by a mile! :ahee::ahee::ahee:
Yay for being invited to recruitment day!! :yay:
Tuna pasta bake!! :woo:
Don't have a favourite actor/actress :dontknow:
Original post by 04MR17
I've seen the BBC sketch. Where Prince Charles comes in at the end?:giggle: My favourite moment: "Oh my word. It's Eddie Redmayne"

Nah A Level is the same effort level: 100% :yes:

yees! and then he goes 'i loved you in the danish girl' :rofl:
when ian mckellen came on i was like yaass:awesome:

Original post by emilynxlan
The title of this GYG wins by a mile! :ahee::ahee::ahee:

ah thank you! would you like me to tag you:smile:

Original post by MaizieAmyr
Yeah, I may not have actually said, who knows. :rofl: Thanks. :hugs:

Spoiler

prsom:lovehug:
Ian McKellan = well peng :cool:

Quick Reply