The Student Room Group

Fell off that path- can't see any more stars...

Scroll to see replies

your lectures sound interesting:smile: which subject are you liking the best so far?
Reply 41
Original post by entertainmyfaith
your lectures sound interesting:smile: which subject are you liking the best so far?

Music. And I'm liking maths the least purely because my tutorial ended late so I ran over, arrived last and ended up sitting right at the front away from anyone I knew next to a mature student who smelled...bad. We'll leave it at bad.
Original post by Lewianter
Music. And I'm liking maths the least purely because my tutorial ended late so I ran over, arrived last and ended up sitting right at the front away from anyone I knew next to a mature student who smelled...bad. We'll leave it at bad.

hopefully future experiences'll be better:yep:
your lectures sound pretty interesting! :yes:
don't feel bad for skipping a day or two. posting daily can take up quite a bit of time.
Glad you enjoyed music. :biggrin:
Reply 45
Wed Sep 12-

Did I forget this existed? ...maybe.

BIG NEWS is that my musical is going ahead- first cast meeting is on Tuesday and I have about 20 people coming. I'm overwhelmed- people are interested. People like my work. This...doesn't happen to me.

Ok then, a whistlestop tour of lectures from the last few days-

PHYSICS has been alright but pretty testing to start- we had Gareth Cook on Monday who was basically really frenetic about introducing the subject and then another lecturer today, Mr Leach, who came in and gave us a test unannounced which I was not prepared for and which did not go at all well. But now that's done...

MATHS- Had Mr Redmore this morning and he's absolutely what you'd imagine of someone who does maths and then goes and plays rugby after it- that sort of person. We covered surds this morning so an east start but it's gonna get a lot harder, I know.

CHEMISTRY- I love our other chem teacher, she's actually amazing. She's very thorough and knows how to get people really interested. We all like chemistry. Yesterday we covered the formation of the positron and the concept of antimatter which I enjoyed cause it's very physics related.

My music lecturer was at the hospital on Monday so the lecture was cancelled. We have it Friday next.

Morning off tomorrow don't have to get up at stupid o'clock which is honestly lovely. Even when exams get closer I'm still not going in at half 8 on a Thursday- better sleep equals a better mind.

Spoiler

so exciting to hear that your musical has gone ahead:woo: i hope it's a big success:smile:
:zomg: Really interested to hear about your musical.:awesome:

I'm directing a play at the same time as well.:gah:
Hope your musical goes well!! :woo:
Reply 49
Mon Sep 17-

Sorry I disappeared but TSR hasn't been working properly for me on the weekend and besides I'm lazy and forget.

Musical starts tomorrow! I don't know if I can attach videos on here but if I can I shall post a vid of the cast singing the first song tomorrow evening (How I'll film it while playing the piano don't ask)

Since last week I have...

Done a chemistry test on GCSE knowledge- getting results tomorrow
Done a maths test on GCSE knowledge- got 96% (but apparently according to me 4×-8=-11?)
Done some more physics which I will need to review to gain better understanding of.
Learnt about the classical symphony in music.
Been to the cinema with my boyfriend to watch a film neither of us liked.
Applied to more jobs- been rejected from two seperate McDonald's'

I've made another friend- a nice girl called Katie. She's quiet but nice.

Hurricane Helene is supposed to be on the way- well where tf is she

Annoying personal tutor was annoying again today, and patronising.

One of my goals for the next few days are to talk to a guy in maths I keep meaning to talk to buuut probably hates me, because when I encounter new people I want to converse with, I think of something to say, turn to them, and then my mind just blanks and I stare at them for a while, struggle to get words out and then leave awkwardly, now they probably think I'm weird and never want to see me again.

Spoiler

hope the musical goes well!
haven't had any tests yet but i'm dreading them:redface: well done on your results though:rave:
what film did you guys watch?:holmes:
Nobody will hate you.:nah:

Glad you're making more friends.:hugs:

What has personal tutor done to be patronising? :redface:
Reply 52
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hope the musical goes well!
haven't had any tests yet but i'm dreading them:redface: well done on your results though:rave:
what film did you guys watch?:holmes:

The new Mamma Mia film. I don't get the hype...

Original post by 04MR17
Nobody will hate you.:nah:

Glad you're making more friends.:hugs:

What has personal tutor done to be patronising? :redface:

Basically one person in the class said they didn't want to go to Oxbridge and then we got treated as if we were 5 years old because oh my word how could we ever not want to go to Oxbridge
Basically one person in the class said they didn't want to go to Oxbridge and then we got treated as if we were 5 years old because oh my word how could we ever not want to go to Oxbridge
Cambridge gave me an offer and I turned them down.:smile:

It's not for everyone, and do what's right for you. For a few people in that classroom university isn't the best option, nevermind Oxbridge. You do you. Anyone who wants to be a snob about it doesn't deserve to be listened to.
Reply 54
Tue Sep 18-

Guess who's having a good day for once.

In Chemistry this morning that girl called Katie wanted me to sit next to her so yes I'm definitely making friends- and then we did uses of the 5 types of radiation which I personally really enjoy.

Today a open thing with loads of free stuff (mainly those strange triangle highlighters, pens that don't work and condoms) was in the college so I picked up loads of stuff I'll never use, mainly as most of it is useless.

Then at half 11 I went home on a bus with only 1 other person on all the way home to see my gran who never has company. We're currently watching Countdown as I write this- watching countdown with Des O'Connor presenting when I was 5 was my first introduction to doing English and maths well and I have my gran to thank for that.

Musical meeting is later yayyyy

Will be back with more stuff later on.

Spoiler

Well done for making friends! :woo:
Free stuff is always good :yes:
Hope the musical meeting goes well.:excited:
tag me please!
The new Mamma Mia film. I don't get the hype...

you're not alone! i don't care for mamma mia much myself:laugh: though i haven't watched the second one yet and don't intend to
Reply 59
Thu Sep 20-

OK so my street is starting to flood this is bad...

Had an OK couple of days! Yesterday I had maths which was meh (we covered rationalizing from GCSE and made it harder basically), and physics which I very much enjoyed (we covered the basic principles of waves and learned what a phase was).

Today I was off in the morning and spent the afternoon in chemistry covering molar calculations with the lecturer who's a bit boring.

Went to orchestra with the college today- enjoyed it very much and will go every Thursday from now on.

I have quite a bit of homework to get done so I'm gonna go do that now- sorry for the short erratic updates thar keep happening.

OH BTW my musical meeting went fantastically I don't have the recording but to hear the cast sing one of my songs was a phenomenal moment.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending