The Student Room Group

GYG 2018- Lalliboo's science failure to 3As (Hopefully)

GYG banner.jpg

GROW YOUR GRADES 2018-2019!
Lalliboo's science failure to 3As!!!

Hi guys!
This is my Grow you grades Blog for 2018-2019, when hopefully (fingers crossed) in August I get the grades to do Physiotherapy at the University of my choice!

Tomorrow is my first day of year 13, so I figured as I hadn't done as well as I wanted in my internal mocks and I need better predicted and actual A level results that I would start one of these again and hopefully stick to it this year! ( For my own good).

I'm taking Biology (OCR A), Chemistry (OCR A) and Physics (AQA).

In my GCSEs I got:

Spoiler

I haven't got any predicted grades yet but will update.

I will also update as I apply to different Universities. Birmingham, Nottingham and Liverpool are firm favourites at the moment.

Everyone is welcome here, people at Uni, people doing GCSEs, A levels. I'm hoping it'll become a little community of people working to achieve their dream grades!

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
UPDATE 1
Today I had 5 frees in school, however all the internet was out so my plans for today were a bit destroyed.
I did some more revision for my physics and my chemistry mocks coming up next week.
I'm still doing some more questions to make sure I'm ok for them, Even though I feel I'm not :tongue:
Reply 2
Hi! Which subjects are you doing?
Good luck with Year 13!! :rave:
hope year 13 goes well:biggrin: what unis have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by nyxnko_
Hi! Which subjects are you doing?
Good luck with Year 13!! :rave:

Thank you! I'm doing Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Reply 5
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hope year 13 goes well:biggrin: what unis have you applied to?

I haven't applied to any yet, but I've visited Birmingham, Liverpool and this weekend I'm going to Nottingham and Cardiff.
Original post by lalliboo
I haven't applied to any yet, but I've visited Birmingham, Liverpool and this weekend I'm going to Nottingham and Cardiff.

:thumbsup: let us know how all the visits go:smile:
Reply 7
Thank you! I'm doing Physics, Chemistry and Biology

Cool. :wink: which exam boards? soz, it just so happens I take both chem and physics (both AQA) so I was just wondering :tongue:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by nyxnko_
Cool. :wink: which exam boards? soz, it just so happens I take both chem and physics (both AQA) so I was just wondering :tongue:

Chemistry is OCR A
But Physics is AQA.
Reply 9
OPEN DAY UPDATE
Nottingham was really great, the course seemed really good and the campus and accommodation looked brilliant. I'm not used to city life at all, so the green aspect of the campus made me feel right at home.

Cardiff I was hoping to like, as there is a bursary if you live there for two years after you've qualified. However, it is a city university and the health science campus was too far from the accommodation and the main campus with the student union for my liking. The course when I went into the talk seemed like something was missing but I wasn't sure. It might be part of my 5 choices but at the moment it's at the bottom. But it was good so I can get some perspective for the other universities.
Chemistry is OCR A
But Physics is AQA.

:thumbsup:
Reply 11
Recently...
I have been doing a lot of physics and chemistry revision for my mock retakes. So obviously I've been super stressed as they massively influence my predicted grades, as my grades haven't been looking hopeful throughout year 12.

GROW YOUR GRADES 2018-2019!
Lalliboo's science failure to 3As!!!

Hi guys!
This is my Grow you grades Blog for 2018-2019, when hopefully (fingers crossed) in August I get the grades to do Physiotherapy at the University of my choice!

Tomorrow is my first day of year 13, so I figured as I hadn't done as well as I wanted in my internal mocks and I need better predicted and actual A level results that I would start one of these again and hopefully stick to it this year! ( For my own good).

Everyone is welcome here, people at Uni, people doing GCSEs, A levels. I'm hoping it'll become a cute little community of people working to achieve their dream grades!

Each day I'll keep you updated on my revision for the day, so I can keep motivated and hopefully we can grow a community of people working together to get the grades they need!

gd luck!! You will definitely get those A's!
Reply 13
Personal statement update
Hi, is anyone else struggling to write their personal statement?
I think it's because I have too much to write, too many characters and none of it links into something reflective of my personality or my passion for the course.
Any tips would be helpful? Or we could just rant about the struggle? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
gd luck!! You will definitely get those A's!

Thank you! :smile: I hope I do but, with me who knows.
Personal statement update
Hi, is anyone else struggling to write their personal statement?
I think it's because I have too much to write, too many characters and none of it links into something reflective of my personality or my passion for the course.
Any tips would be helpful? Or we could just rant about the struggle? :smile:

love your GYG!! for my personal statement i made a really long list and then thought about what i could go into detail on and what i could link to everything else! good luck!!
Reply 16
Original post by circleofsighs
love your GYG!! for my personal statement i made a really long list and then thought about what i could go into detail on and what i could link to everything else! good luck!!

Thank you! My personal statement is actually terrible and this is really good advice. :smile:
Thank you! :smile: I hope I do but, with me who knows.

Btw do you take physics, chem and bio at a level?

And yeah, I started with EEEU and right now on ACC predicted (will change soon hopefully). (GYG for more details). Just gotta grind
Reply 18
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Btw do you take physics, chem and bio at a level?

And yeah, I started with EEEU and right now on ACC predicted (will change soon hopefully). (GYG for more details). Just gotta grind

Yep, Biology and Chemistry are OCR A and Physics is AQA.
Sometimes (often) I regret Physics but I'm stuck with it now so that's that. :^_^:
I'll check out your GYG.
Yep, Biology and Chemistry are OCR A and Physics is AQA.
Sometimes (often) I regret Physics but I'm stuck with it now so that's that. :^_^:
I'll check out your GYG.

Count yourself lucky, I would do almost anything to take physics at a level (Missing out big time).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending