The Student Room Group

Is god guilty for evil and suffering

Hey, I’ve got an essay and I need you guys s help
It’s called “Is God guilty for evil and suffering?”
As it says , we have to write about whether god is responsible and include these arguments :
Iranaeus
Augustine
Platinga’s Free will
J l Mackie

Scroll to see replies

Of course god is not guilty for evil and suffering because this god does not exist.

Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering throughout the ages.
Reply 2
Original post by Sulfolobus
Of course god is not guilty for evil and suffering because this god does not exist.
Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering

throughout the ages.

Okay but please give evidence or respond to the arguments above to prove your point
Reply 3
If doing the required work to write this essay makes you suffer, is that God's fault?

Seriously though, here's my answer.
Reply 4
Original post by Sulfolobus

Although that has not stopped believers in god from inflicting evil and suffering throughout the ages.

*According to your opinion.
Original post by EO4LIF3
Okay but please give evidence or respond to the arguments above to prove your point

There is no evidence that God exists. The burden of proof is on believers. Not the other way around.
Original post by EO4LIF3

I just have. Attributing evil to God is predicated upon you demonstrating that God exists in the first place.
Original post by Tawheed

In four words you have just demonstrated why atheism is on the rise in more developed countries.
Original post by Tawheed

And there being no evidence of their existence.
God gave us free will. We are the problem and we need to work out how to stop this pain and suffering.
Reply 10
Original post by NJA
If doing the required work to write this essay makes you suffer, is that God's fault?

Seriously though, here's my answer.

I read the post on fb but I didn’t understand it
Reply 11
Original post by Jack22031994
There is no evidence that God exists. The burden of proof is on believers. Not the other way around.

That makes sense. But from the perspective of a believer you would say...?
Reply 12
Original post by EO4LIF3
I read the post on fb but I didn’t understand it

God has been providing and healing body mind and spirit.

Man is ignorant of this, and carries on his own selfish, self-centred ways until it goes pear-shaped, then he blames God.

Come and see people that aren't doing this, they get different results.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by DarthRoar
Instead of the help safe bruv, ill slide you some sad remarks and memes

I'm alright thank you
Reply 14
If god does exist, then it's likely she's testing us to see which ones are worthy of the good afterlife e.g heaven
If god does not exist, then it's probably the same old concept of if there is a reaction there must be an equal or opposite reaction.
Reply 15
What is the context of this essay? What subject/module are you doing?

You need to start with the assumption that a god exists to write this, which is already shaky ground for an essay.
You also need to decide which god you will assume exists to be able to discuss it for how the god is meant to operate, it’s abilities and attributes.

Sounds like a bad topic to write about really, were you made to or given options?
Reply 16
Original post by Bio 7
What is the context of this essay? What subject/module are you doing?

You need to start with the assumption that a god exists to write this, which is already shaky ground for an essay.
You also need to decide which god you will assume exists to be able to discuss it for how the god is meant to operate, it’s abilities and attributes.

Sounds like a bad topic to write about really, were you made to or given options?

Ta;lking about theodicies, existence of god and we were forced to do it

Thank You all for the help, I have finiished the assignment / essay but guess what... she hasnt marked it smh
If by evil you mean breaking the ten commandments then consider various other codes of conduct, for example at work. If one chooses to break a code then is it the employer's fault the code was broken.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by EO4LIF3
Hey, I’ve got an essay and I need you guys s help
It’s called “Is God guilty for evil and suffering?”
As it says , we have to write about whether god is responsible and include these arguments :
Iranaeus
Augustine
Platinga’s Free will
J l Mackie

"And there you go. You heard her, Iri. Our Heroic Spirit thinks a battlefield to be something better than Hell. What a joke. It's Hell itself. There is no hope on a battlefield. There is nothing but unspeakable despair. Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated. But humanity has never recognized this truth. And the reason is that, in every era, a dazzling hero has blinded the people with their legends, and kept them from seeing the evil of bloodshed. True human nature has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age." - Kiritsugu Emiya
Original post by peterp70
If by evil you mean breaking the ten commandments then consider various other codes of conduct, for example at work. If one chooses to break a code then is it the employer's fault the code was broken.

:rofl3::hahaha::rofl: :rofl2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending