The Student Room Group

What waters taste good ?

cause apparently some taste different. Are there like water bottles that have good tasting fresh nice water? tap water just isn’t doing it for me. only tastes good when I’m hella thirsty

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rainfall
cause apparently some taste different. Are there like water bottles that have good tasting fresh nice water? tap water just isn’t doing it for me. only tastes good when I’m hella thirsty

San Pellegrino, Evian, Perrier, Vitale
Tap water is gross lol, I only drink bottled water as I'm afraid of getting ill
Original post by Zaporizhia

get a water filter then?
Original post by Kangaroo17
get a water filter then?

It's not worth the risk. OP, Waitrose have a good choice

You're more likely to have contaminants from the plastic bottle leeching into your water that can make you ill than you are to pick up germs from your sanitised tap water.
Get a brita filter or volvic with a hint of fruit.

I am Ill most of the time🤔
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You're more likely to have contaminants from the plastic bottle leeching into your water that can make you ill than you are to pick up germs from your sanitised tap water.

I only use glass bottles
I am Ill most of the time🤔

Oh, how come?
Reply 9
Tap water in cities is disgusting, I had to buy bottled water through first year. This year I'm boiling my tap water and adding lemon to remove the taste. It seems ok.
Oh, how come?

I don’t know
I don’t know

Maybe get that checked out...
Maybe get that checked out...

I have but thanks
I'm told broken waters are full of nutrients amongst other things... Anyone know why D2O (heavy water) tastes different to normal water when it is chemically identical?
I would recommend getting a Brita Filter Jug and running your tap water through it. Water tastes much better!
Ask people if they prefer bottled or tap water and they'll say bottled water.

Subject them to a blind taste test and most can't taste the difference.

Classic psychology. A person's perception of something influences how they experience it. Companies that sell bottled water understand this very well.
Original post by Sulfolobus
Ask people if they prefer bottled or tap water and they'll say bottled water.

Subject them to a blind taste test and most can't taste the difference.

Classic psychology. A person's perception of something influences how they experience it. Companies that sell bottled water understand this very well.

Are you sure cause people really do say there is a huge difference?
Are you sure cause people really do say there is a huge difference?

I think it differs from person to person. Some people can't really tell the difference or have no problem with tap water. For others, the smell and taste of tap water can be very different to bottled water! It probably depends on your location as well, as tap water is different around the country.
Original post by cheesecakelove
I think it differs from person to person. Some people can't really tell the difference or have no problem with tap water. For others, the smell and taste of tap water can be very different to bottled water! It probably depends on your location as well, as tap water is different around the country.

What about bottled waters? There’s a difference between different bottled waters

Quick Reply

Latest