The Student Room Group

Graduate Programme 2019 application support group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by lizz-ie
Don't be tricked into thinking that a Maths degree automatically makes you great at numerical reasoning - I was in the same boat last year! It's so different from degree maths that it takes a while to get used to doing them, but doing some practice ones should help. Good luck :smile:

Yeah, I think I got cocky and did not pay much attention to practicing them. I did a lot on Verbal / Logic types. Really a wake up call. Glad though others have done the same, I felt like such an idiot.
Original post by Mr XcX
Yeah, I think I got cocky and did not pay much attention to practicing them. I did a lot on Verbal / Logic types. Really a wake up call. Glad though others have done the same, I felt like such an idiot.

It's way more common than you think, a lot of my friends who did Maths struggled with the numerical reasoning on psychometric tests. There are however a few grad schemes that don't require them!
Original post by fatart123
Just got an email from Mazars telling me to book a telephone interview-- well, 3 emails. I guess they're starting to send these things out now.

Same thing. Must be a bug in their system.
Original post by ssswims
Hey, also in for a telephone interview (for business consulting though). Any idea when we'll be sent sign-up slots?

Same here, for business consulting.

When I try to sign up for a slot, nothing comes up tho?
Original post by drgainz1010
Same here, for business consulting.

When I try to sign up for a slot, nothing comes up tho?

Yeah, they made it sound like there are a lot of options for slots, but there should be one time slot highlighted for you that they've assigned on the calendar part. I'm guessing they would like you to choose the allotted time period but if you have a major clash they can reschedule.
Reply 45
The PwC career unlocked test or whatever it's called is probably the worst thing I've ever done. Not difficult, but it's a massive waste of time and good luck if you don't happen to have a tablet.

Haven't done any internships either-- for the same reason. I don't think too many do. None of my friends at uni had done any, despite some of them trying to gain a place on one.

Hi, I’ve just completed the career unlocked test, how long after completing it did you find out whether you were successful? I was totally unprepared to have to do anything like that, what a waste of time
Reply 46
Original post by maccy94
Hi, I’ve just completed the career unlocked test, how long after completing it did you find out whether you were successful? I was totally unprepared to have to do anything like that, what a waste of time

Why was it a waste of time? How can I best prepare for career unlocked and what are you required to do?
Reply 47
Original post by hollzor
Why was it a waste of time? How can I best prepare for career unlocked and what are you required to do?

It's just quite long and was unexpected. PwC have merged the numerical, logical and psychometric test together. They've used an app created by arctic shores to assess your personality traits. I wasn't expecting it at all and went straight ahead and did it without preparing and it took longer than expected.

It's basically 11 levels where you have to complete certain games and the last two are the logical and numerical tests. One of the levels was trying to guess what emotion people were expressing and another was memory based. I'd try and see if you can find any game based psychometric tests online and obviously do some numerical and logical test practice as well :smile:

Leave a decent amount of time to complete it, it wasn't quick!
Original post by maccy94

I still haven't received feedback or a result.
Original post by lizz-ie
It's way more common than you think, a lot of my friends who did Maths struggled with the numerical reasoning on psychometric tests. There are however a few grad schemes that don't require them!

omg. what grad schemes dont require them? i genuinely struggle with them!!
Reply 50
Hey guys! International student here studying an Actuarial Sciences MSc, meaning I would require a tier 2 visa for the graduate scheme. I wonder, does this put me at a disadvantage? Furthermore, I am not perfectly fluent with English. Also, why are the applications so early? This is for next year's September am I correct?

Now, for an international student, if I fail to get a job on a graduate scheme, does that mean I've missed all my chances for a job in the UK? What about next year's (2019/2020) graduate scheme jobs? Will I be eligible to apply for those?

Kind regards!

Any reply is much appreciated!
Reply 51
Original post by maccy94
It's just quite long and was unexpected. PwC have merged the numerical, logical and psychometric test together. They've used an app created by arctic shores to assess your personality traits. I wasn't expecting it at all and went straight ahead and did it without preparing and it took longer than expected.

It's basically 11 levels where you have to complete certain games and the last two are the logical and numerical tests. One of the levels was trying to guess what emotion people were expressing and another was memory based. I'd try and see if you can find any game based psychometric tests online and obviously do some numerical and logical test practice as well :smile:

Leave a decent amount of time to complete it, it wasn't quick!

Cheers for the advice! They've obviously spiced up the online application since cutting the telephone interviews I guess.
Reply 52
Hi,
Does anyone know the format of the online tests for Mazars, I've been getting mixed answers such as CAPP and Kenexa. Also for the people who've done the tests, what was the difficulty like?

Thanks
Original post by Leyea8
Hi,
Does anyone know the format of the online tests for Mazars, I've been getting mixed answers such as CAPP and Kenexa. Also for the people who've done the tests, what was the difficulty like?

Thanks

SHL. Quite easy. Time recorded, not time limited.
The PwC career unlocked test or whatever it's called is probably the worst thing I've ever done. Not difficult, but it's a massive waste of time and good luck if you don't happen to have a tablet.

Haven't done any internships either-- for the same reason. I don't think too many do. None of my friends at uni had done any, despite some of them trying to gain a place on one.

how long did it take you hear back from the career unlocked test? I did mine on Monday and still haven't heard back,
Original post by Surfchick97
how long did it take you hear back from the career unlocked test? I did mine on Monday and still haven't heard back,

Still haven't heard back.

when did you do it? thats a long time :/

did you get your feedback?
Reply 58
Hi guys,

I just did the Mazars online tests and logged out then logged in to see if I would get feedback but the status just says invite to online assessments. Did that happen to anyone else?
Reply 59
Original post by stulfc
Hi guys,

I just did the Mazars online tests and logged out then logged in to see if I would get feedback but the status just says invite to online assessments. Did that happen to anyone else?

I've still not got official confirmation on my application status from Mazars. I sent them an email as they sent me 4 emails at once asking me to do the tests after I did them. They responded and said they were having technical problems and they'd get results etc in due course. The other applications I've done are also being slow to respond but I think thats general for a lot. Some do Interviews after results which should be getting booked up soon for October.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending