The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Hendrefoelan Student Village?

accepted an accommodation offer and its a standard room in HSV. ive seen the pics online. just wanted to get some feedbacks/opinions from other people who have applied there this year, have been there before or just generally know the area.

- are the rooms/halls nice & fairly spacious?
- is the area where it's located nice (nightlife & daytime shopping)?
- pros and cons?
- what you think about it in general?

thanks in advance.
It’s not close to town at all its about 25 mins max on the bus and about 15 to uni but you get a free bus pass anyway and pres on the bus is good fun. I lived on bay Campus but had friends on HSV wish I’d picked it to be honest much better value for money and much more social as you’re basically living in a house. Some of the kitchens have been done up so they are really nice but some of them are quite old and grotty. The bedrooms arnt that nice you get what you pay for really
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nocturnalgirl
It’s not close to town at all its about 25 mins max on the bus and about 15 to uni but you get a free bus pass anyway and pres on the bus is good fun. I lived on bay Campus but had friends on HSV wish I’d picked it to be honest much better value for money and much more social as you’re basically living in a house. Some of the kitchens have been done up so they are really nice but some of them are quite old and grotty. The bedrooms arnt that nice you get what you pay for really

Thanks for the info. That’s really helpful. By any chance, do you know any good places for a night out in swansea (like freshers)? Just thought that if the village is too far from town, maybe I’d have to travel quite a distance for a good night out (not that I mind but, got to make sure its within budget lol)
Original post by chillbruh
Thanks for the info. That’s really helpful. By any chance, do you know any good places for a night out in swansea (like freshers)? Just thought that if the village is too far from town, maybe I’d have to travel quite a distance for a good night out (not that I mind but, got to make sure its within budget lol)

Yeah town is a way away but you get a free bus pass when you live at village so you won’t have to pay for travel for a night out and the busses run all night which is sick. What kinda of music/nights out are you into as there’s quite a few places aha
Reply 4
Yeah town is a way away but you get a free bus pass when you live at village so you won’t have to pay for travel for a night out and the busses run all night which is sick. What kinda of music/nights out are you into as there’s quite a few places aha

All night? Until roughly what time? That’s sick actually, don’t need to worry about transport or getting a taxi after. As for music/night out, hmm, maybe some drake and clubbing? Haha God’s plan 😂
All night? Until roughly what time? That’s sick actually, don’t need to worry about transport or getting a taxi after. As for music/night out, hmm, maybe some drake and clubbing? Haha God’s plan 😂

All night all day ahah they are 24h one every half an hour I think, get the bus pass app on your phone so you just scan that, means you don’t have to take a bus ticket with you on a night out. Fiction is probably a good bet they have 3 rooms one is an RnB one they usually play drake. Sin as well is defo the best club Tuesday is a good night for Drake kinda music and Thursdays are super cheap. Event nights as well they have people like Macky Gee and My Nu Leng this year they are always sick
Throooowback..

Loved living in HSV for the year I was at swans for.. It was a shithole but still loved it. Ask me anything about the place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
All night all day ahah they are 24h one every half an hour I think, get the bus pass app on your phone so you just scan that, means you don’t have to take a bus ticket with you on a night out. Fiction is probably a good bet they have 3 rooms one is an RnB one they usually play drake. Sin as well is defo the best club Tuesday is a good night for Drake kinda music and Thursdays are super cheap. Event nights as well they have people like Macky Gee and My Nu Leng this year they are always sick

Thanks alot! You’ve been really helpful. Last! Would you recommend buying the fresher wristbands for this weekend or get one for next week? (need to read more into it)
Reply 8
Original post by Princepieman
Throooowback..

Loved living in HSV for the year I was at swans for.. It was a shithole but still loved it. Ask me anything about the place

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn. Haha I hope its not that bad! Hope its easy to meet people there 😂
Thanks alot! You’ve been really helpful. Last! Would you recommend buying the fresher wristbands for this weekend or get one for next week? (need to read more into it)

No worries at all! I know I was on these forums last year when I started so Ik what it’s like! I bought the SU one and for me it was a waste of money just didn’t go to enough events to make it worth it. Personally I wouldn’t bother buying any because you’ll probably end up choosing what to do last minute and will go to load of events some run by the SU some not so I’d just go with the flow and see what your flat mates wanna do when you get there. Would 100% recommend freshers ball though that was a sick night and fresh and free was also really good. I found that wherever you end up you’ll have a sick time regardless so don’t worry about feeling like you have to go to every single event
accepted an accommodation offer and its a standard room in HSV. ive seen the pics online. just wanted to get some feedbacks/opinions from other people who have applied there this year, have been there before or just generally know the area.

- are the rooms/halls nice & fairly spacious?
- is the area where it's located nice (nightlife & daytime shopping)?
- pros and cons?
- what you think about it in general?

thanks in advance.

HSV is in a very nice sought after area of Swansea. It is just off the Gower Road and is close to the village of Killay. Students generally head towards the city centre but approx 5 minutes walk from the entrance to the village is Killay precinct with small Coop supermarket along with Pharmacy Butchers, Bakers, post office, chip shop/takeaway and 3 pubs. Part of HSV has been closed and private housing is being built there instead. Eventually it will be closed and replaced by housing. This is a highly in demand area for housing. The con is it is about 2 miles off campus but there are regular buses see First Cymru number 8 which run all through the night mon to friday and the last bus leaves the city approx 2.30 sat night. The service runs from HSV through Singleton, City Centre, bottom of wind street to the Bay Campus.

Quick Reply

Latest