The Student Room Group

Predicted Grades for Uni

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help with my application for UCAS; I have predicted grades that are lower than the grades needed for the course, so should I still apply? The predicted grades are ABC, and the grades needed for the course are AAB?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucyElizabeth124
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help with my application for UCAS; I have predicted grades that are lower than the grades needed for the course, so should I still apply? The predicted grades are ABC, and the grades needed for the course are AAB?

Thank you

what course?
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
what course?

History & English
History & English

Try make your PS good and u might as well try, they might let u in
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Try make your PS good and u might as well try, they might let u in

Thank you for the advice! :h:
No problem. Its go big or go home ngl

No problem. Its go big or go home ngl

You need to look for some unis that want lower grades as well.
Original post by Muttley79
You need to look for some unis that want lower grades as well.

Thank you for the advice! I am planning on applying to some lower grade boundary universities also, that need BBC/BBB, would you say it was still worth trying to apply to the university where i need AAB?
Thank you for the advice! I am planning on applying to some lower grade boundary universities also, that need BBC/BBB, would you say it was still worth trying to apply to the university where i need AAB?

Depends how much you want that uni and whether you think you can honestly get those grades. They'll offer AAB [if they offer] and if it's a popular course they won't drop on results day.
Depends how much you want that uni and whether you think you can honestly get those grades. They'll offer AAB [if they offer] and if it's a popular course they won't drop on results day.

Do you think I could still get a conditional offer? I know I can achieve AAB, however my grades were knocked because during my mock exams I was ill.
Do you think I could still get a conditional offer? I know I can achieve AAB, however my grades were knocked because during my mock exams I was ill.

Have you tried the offer calculator? https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/ucas-offer-rate-calculator

No, I didnt know that was available! Thank you for showing me this!
My college have used my mock exam results in Year 12 for my predicted grades, however during the week I had to take them I was sick and I performed so poorly because of that, so my grades are a lot lower than what I achieve in things like asessments and practice exams. :s-smilie:
My college have used my mock exam results in Year 12 for my predicted grades, however during the week I had to take them I was sick and I performed so poorly because of that, so my grades are a lot lower than what I achieve in things like asessments and practice exams. :s-smilie:

In my school we base them on everything so I think your school is being a bit harsh - have you spoken to teachers?
In my school we base them on everything so I think your school is being a bit harsh - have you spoken to teachers?

I was going to speak to the head of Year 13 who is in charge of it, and I have spoken to many who plan to for the same reason but apparently he is adamant that the grades won't change and he just shouts, so i am not sure what to do..:s-smilie:
I was going to speak to the head of Year 13 who is in charge of it, and I have spoken to many who plan to for the same reason but apparently he is adamant that the grades won't change and he just shouts, so i am not sure what to do..:s-smilie:

I think your case is different if you were ill during the tests; do the school know that?
I think your case is different if you were ill during the tests; do the school know that?

I told the school I was going to the hospital for an appointment because of the problem that had made me ill but I never said i was ill, I feel like it is making excuses as to why I did bad, but it did make me perform poorly in my exams so I don't really know what to do.
I told the school I was going to the hospital for an appointment because of the problem that had made me ill but I never said i was ill, I feel like it is making excuses as to why I did bad, but it did make me perform poorly in my exams so I don't really know what to do.

Have you got proof of the appointment or any diagnosis? Could your doctor write a note?
Have you got proof of the appointment or any diagnosis? Could your doctor write a note?

I could get my doctor to write a note, i also have letters from the hospital to show i have an appointment, could I show them that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending