The Student Room Group

A*AA in a year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Doctor P
how did it go?

I'm not fully sure it went well or bad. I really can't tell. I got 690, which is surprisingly lower than my mocks, so more than anything, I'm confused. I was so close to 700, but I'm just scared if its good enough for Kings
Original post by shfh
I'm not fully sure it went well or bad. I really can't tell. I got 690, which is surprisingly lower than my mocks, so more than anything, I'm confused. I was so close to 700, but I'm just scared if its good enough for Kings

that is a really good score, remember how we got interviews and offers with 687.5 last year, I guess as long as you've got good predictions, GCSE's etc then kings should give you interview
Original post by shfh

do you mind saying your individual scores ?
Reply 83
do you mind saying your individual scores ?

Sure, and thanks. Its a risky choice, but I'm still not fully certain I'm gonna take it.
VR:610
DR:700
QR:740
AR:710
And band 1
Original post by shfh
Sure, and thanks. Its a risky choice, but I'm still not fully certain I'm gonna take it.
VR:610
DR:700
QR:740
AR:710
And band 1

solid scores all round g, if kings is somewhere you really want to go then it's worth the risk, maybe compensate for the risk by applying to 3 other unis you are 100% sure you'll get an interview with your ukcat
Reply 85
solid scores all round g, if kings is somewhere you really want to go then it's worth the risk, maybe compensate for the risk by applying to 3 other unis you are 100% sure you'll get an interview with your ukcat

Aww thanks. Yeah, stupid VR just let me down, but I'm defo happy with the rest of the scores. Yeah, I guess you're right, who knows, maybe it is good enough? Haha
Original post by shfh
Aww thanks. Yeah, stupid VR just let me down, but I'm defo happy with the rest of the scores. Yeah, I guess you're right, who knows, maybe it is good enough? Haha

Bearing in mind like 30% of people got a band 3 and kings take the sjt into account, same with Sheffield so I'm sure it is x
Reply 87
Bearing in mind like 30% of people got a band 3 and kings take the sjt into account, same with Sheffield so I'm sure it is x

Oh really? I did not know that. But hey thanks, you've been hella supportive :smile: x
Good luck with your resits :smile:

I'm resitting aswell and I think my workload is huge but in comparison to you it is much smaller so that's quite reassuring :lol:
Good luck! Also resitting, but just chemistry and not for medicine/dentistry. When do you think I should start revising?
Original post by shfh

That score should be fine. Senthooran Kath is a youtuber and he got into Cambridge Medicine with a score of 710 in the UKCAT :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by SilverWater
Good luck with your resits :smile:

I'm resitting aswell and I think my workload is huge but in comparison to you it is much smaller so that's quite reassuring :lol:

Thank you :smile: haha that's great, I was a no1 procrastinator, look where thats got me :lol:
Reply 92
Original post by uni20188
Good luck! Also resitting, but just chemistry and not for medicine/dentistry. When do you think I should start revising?

Thank you!! Unless you've got Oxbridge, you're lucky you have more time with UCAS etc. I can't really say when as you only have one subject, but you want to make sure you have enough time to cover all the syllabus, any gaps you have, time for mocks and a plentiful of exam papers and practice. If you look backwards from when the exam will be, you might be able to see when would be the best time to start? Sorry if that's rubbish advice, I haven't started myself :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Grade A
That score should be fine. Senthooran Kath is a youtuber and he got into Cambridge Medicine with a score of 710 in the UKCAT :smile:

Ahh I see, thanks for your advice :smile: yep I'll check him out
Original post by shfh
Oh really? I did not know that. But hey thanks, you've been hella supportive :smile: x

no worries man anytime
Reply 95
So post ukcat. I don't know why, I have this little scare that my ukcat's not good enough, and I'll end up with no interviews and waste a year. I know that's not entirely true, as I think I'm ok for Hull York and maybe Sheffield and Bristol if they still say anyone above 2660 will get an interview. But what I'm scared of is that the stats I'm looking at are for first timers, and not resitters. So while I would be comfortably ok had I got this score last year (I basically did anyway) I don't know this year. I don't know how favourably or unfavourably these unis look at resitters. Also a tad bit sad that although I may get an interview at Kings, it also may be that I do not. I really liked Kings, and I think I'm going to take the risk applying, but I'm going to try and be equally happy with all my choices. I am, but I think I was more focused on Kings when revision for ukcat was smooth sailing. Anyway, I've finally spoken to all my tutors and I'm going to start my personal statement soon. Urgh, fun. But lets see what will happen. Who knows
Reply 96
your score is amazing what are you talking about?!? I hope I can pull of your results on the 1st because those are a set of well respected and competitive results which I can only dream of achieving. And i dont know about med but for dentistry, bristol consideration for ukcat is only 10% and 50% for personal statement. Honestly ul be fine, if they dont give you an interview then there is no hope for the rest of us. Plus the interim results usually go down once the rest of the candidates finish so I think your really in a good spot.

Do you have any tips for the ukcat, i saved enough to buy medify and I tried using your tips for verbal in that I should try a technique which works best for me ,however I am finding that I cant grasp any of the techniques and I once again resort to panicking and guessing answers.
literally any specific tips at this point would be amazing.

Once again dont worry about it, kings suprisingly are quite flexible with their applications. My friend last year (retake) got mid 600s i forgot what exactly but they gave him an interview. I think its all in your head. You did amazing!
Reply 97
Original post by Askadia
your score is amazing what are you talking about?!? I hope I can pull of your results on the 1st because those are a set of well respected and competitive results which I can only dream of achieving. And i dont know about med but for dentistry, bristol consideration for ukcat is only 10% and 50% for personal statement. Honestly ul be fine, if they dont give you an interview then there is no hope for the rest of us. Plus the interim results usually go down once the rest of the candidates finish so I think your really in a good spot.

Do you have any tips for the ukcat, i saved enough to buy medify and I tried using your tips for verbal in that I should try a technique which works best for me ,however I am finding that I cant grasp any of the techniques and I once again resort to panicking and guessing answers.
literally any specific tips at this point would be amazing.

Once again dont worry about it, kings suprisingly are quite flexible with their applications. My friend last year (retake) got mid 600s i forgot what exactly but they gave him an interview. I think its all in your head. You did amazing!

Aww thank you. Thank you so much for what you've said, made my day :smile: I'm feeling a lot better with my score today and thankfully I've found places that don't discriminate against resits so I'm back on track, but what you've said about Kings is great. I'll keep that in mindb. I'm sure you will, and best of luck for that. It's great you've saved up for medify, because it's lifesaver. Definetly make sure you have enough time to do atleast 3 or 4 of the mocks on medify. In terms of technique, don't worry as of yet. It takes a little while to get used to a technique, so maybe the reason you're panicking is because the technique isn't perfect yet. That's what I did with AR - I used the mnemonic SCANS but it wasn't covering all of what I needed so I added a 2 more letters onto it which gave me a few more cues. Try and involve your weaknesses in your technique if that makes sense? Hope that helps x
Reply 98
anyone have any tips on quantitative reasoning. Im rly strugging with timing because of the stupid calculator. I use the keypad for it and it worked for first few questions but then when i tried putting numbers in in later questions it wont show up. I tried exiting and pressing calc again but it wont let me type in it. help
Reply 99
Original post by Askadia
anyone have any tips on quantitative reasoning. Im rly strugging with timing because of the stupid calculator. I use the keypad for it and it worked for first few questions but then when i tried putting numbers in in later questions it wont show up. I tried exiting and pressing calc again but it wont let me type in it. help

That's odd. The keypad should work with 'numlock' on. Try using a computer rather than a laptop, and see if it works there. The keypad hardly wasted any time compared to clicking the numbers for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending