The Student Room Group

GYG: This thread is my anti-procrastination therapy tbh

Welcome to ASOBSBZANs GYG Blog!

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Spoiler

Hey everyone!
I’m ASOBSBZAN and this is my GYG. I’m in yr 11 now (gasp! What a big boy!:biggrin:) and GCSE’s are looming overhead. And I personally would like to get good grades in them, so I made this to encourage me to do that.
:bumps:

I procrastinate way to much: ngl I'm writing this instead of doing homework due on Monday. I'm hoping that this GYG will help me procrastinate less (not really working so far, is it? :rolleyes:).

Also I'm new to TSR. I don't know why that's relevant but I'll say it anyway. :chicken:

GCSE info:
Here's the GCSEs I'm taking and my grades:
End of Year 10 Exam Grades - blue
Predicted Grades - red
Target grades (based on yr9 grades) - green

Maths - 9 9 9
English Literature - 6 8 9
English Language - 6 8 9
Biology - 7 8 9
Chemistry - 8 8 9
Physics - 9 8 9
Computer Science - 8 8 9
History - 8 8 9
French - 6 7 9

Spoiler

Also I did Religious Studies a year early and got an 8 :smartass:

A level stuff:

What a levels do I want to take?
I'm thinking of choosing:
Maths
Computer Science
Physics
and for the fourth one:
Chemistry or Further Maths

What sixth form/college do you want to go to?

Spoiler

Notification Squad

Spoiler

I'll probably post every few days
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can I be tagged?
Goshhh we’ll find on those predicted grades! They’re very high:smile:
Welp you’re like I was a year ago; that is a very comprehensive list of sixth forms:yep:
Have you looked at Harris Westminster sixth form? It seems similar to the ones on your list:laugh:
also kclms:gah::heart::rave:
[QUOTE=Toastiekid;
Have you looked at Harris Westminster sixth form? It seems similar to the ones on your list:laugh:
also kclms:gah::heart::rave:

Thanks for the suggestion :h:
It looks like a good sixth form. However I probably won't add it to my list because they don't offer computer science as a subject.
Oof those predicted grades :lol:
Can I be tagged? :gah:

Also TSR is not the best place to come if you want to stop procrastinating :rofl:
Original post by ASOBSBZAN
Thanks for the suggestion :h:
It looks like a good sixth form. However I probably won't add it to my list because they don't offer computer science as a subject.

ahhh ok they makes sense:yep:
Best of luck:smile:

Welcome to ASOBSBZANs GYG Blog!

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Spoiler

Hey everyone!
I’m ASOBSBZAN and this is my GYG. I’m in yr 11 now (gasp! What a big boy!:biggrin:) and GCSE’s are looming overhead. And I personally would like to get good grades in them, so I made this to encourage me to do that.
:bumps:

I procrastinate way to much: ngl I'm writing this instead of doing homework due on Monday. I'm hoping that this GYG will help me procrastinate less (not really working so far, is it? :rolleyes:).

Also I'm new to TSR. I don't know why that's relevant but I'll say it anyway. :chicken:

GCSE info:
Here's the GCSEs I'm taking and my grades:
End of Year 10 Exam Grades - blue
Predicted Grades - red
Target grades (based on yr9 grades) - green

Maths - 9 9 9
English Literature - 6 8 9
English Language - 6 8 9
Biology - 7 8 9
Chemistry - 8 8 9
Physics - 9 8 9
Computer Science - 8 8 9
History - 8 8 9
French - 6 7 9

Spoiler

Also I did Religious Studies a year early and got an 8 :smartass:

A level stuff:

What a levels do I want to take?
I'm thinking of choosing:
Maths
Computer Science
Physics
and for the fourth one:
Chemistry or Further Maths

What sixth form/college do you want to go to?

Spoiler

Notification Squad

Spoiler

I'll probably post every few days

Doesn’t everyone procrastinate 😆😹
For a-level you said you’d take Computing, physics and math right... SAMEEEE!!!! I finally found someone who’d take the same subjects 😹😹
What do you wanna do in the future??
Also your post is amazing and so are your result!!! Well done🙌
May I also get a tag- I’ll tag you on mine too 😁👍
17/09/18 - Too many English tests...

Spoiler

Today... I had a short English test. Tomorrow I'll have an English assessment. Every two weeks I'll have another short English test. 'Short' here means about 30-40 mins and with the majority of questions being recalling and explaining quotes. The assessment will be an essay :sigh::boring:

Is this too many English tests :question:
no not really. a test every two weeks seems fair. it's just that having a tests today and an assessment tomorrow seems like too much. though i guess it's all for the greater good...

Spoiler

Other stuff that happened today:
•I think my Physics teacher might be blind (but only when she can't be bothered to control the class) :hmmmm2::hmmm:
•I did well (i think) in the short English test, despite only writing down quotes remember this morning
•I left my Computer Science homework at home:eek4: :oops:
•The Computer Science department at my school have decided to enforce really strict rules about not having a good quality of homework
("if you don't have your homework, you wont be going home")

Spoiler

•I have to make a poster about the Human Genome Project for Bio (is that even in the spec)
•Did the TSR servers go down, or was it just my terrible wifi?

Original post by Ferrari101
What do you wanna do in the future??

I'm not really sure about what I want to do in the future but I would like it to involve computer science or physics, preferably both.

Notification Squad

Spoiler

To join the prestigious society often referred to as the notification squad, all one must do is press that little *ding*
(edited 5 years ago)
17/09/18 - Too many English tests...

Spoiler

Today... I had a short English test. Tomorrow I'll have an English assessment. Every two weeks I'll have another short English test. 'Short' here means about 30-40 mins and with the majority of questions being recalling and explaining quotes. The assessment will be an essay :sigh::boring:

Is this too many English tests :question:
no not really. a test every two weeks seems fair. it's just that having a tests today and an assessment tomorrow seems like too much. though i guess it's all for the greater good...

Spoiler

Other stuff that happened today:
•I think my Physics teacher might be blind (but only when she can't be bothered to control the class) :hmmmm2::hmmm:
•I did well (i think) in the short English test, despite only writing down quotes remember this morning
•I left my Computer Science homework at home:eek4: :oops:
•The Computer Science department at my school have decided to enforce really strict rules about not having a good quality of homework
("if you don't have your homework, you wont be going home")

Spoiler

•I have to make a poster about the Human Genome Project for Bio (is that even in the spec)
•Did the TSR servers go down, or was it just my terrible wifi?

I'm not really sure about what I want to do in the future but I would like it to involve computer science or physics, preferably both.

Notification Squad

Spoiler

To join the prestigious society often referred to as the notification squad, all one must do is press that little *ding*

Same, I wanna go into computing, physics and maths. Main area is AI and engineering!
The TSR servers did go down, it happens to me.
Good luck with your tests and revision ! 👍
TSR servers did go down, I realised after I pressed submit to my blog post and it disappeared :eek:
So many English tests :nah:
Those grades are amazing! :heart: Good luck!
tag me please! i hope you're finding year 11 okay!
Original post by emilynxlan
Those grades are amazing! :heart: Good luck!

22/09/18 - basically a necropost at this point :rolleyes:

Okay Hi again everyone.

Sorry for not posting in like, 5 days. THIS GYG IS NOT DEAD i promise
I was quite busy...
Tuesday
okay, i wasn't busy on Tuesday, i just dodn't upload because i was going to on wednesday
Wednesday
a LOT of french homework. :s-smilie::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::silverwings::sigh:
it was due on monday (2 days before i was doing it:eek::eek3:), so if i didn't do it i would probably get a 2hr detention or something like that (sorta exaggerating, i think:confused:). so that basically took the whole evening (and the next morning, and the class before french on thursday)
Thursday
went to see my grandparents after school :grin:(they live quite close), then I had to go to an award ceremony after that :smartass::bumps:
Friday
i got my phone fixed (it was broken), now i can post some pictures, then i watched Thor a dark world (i hadn't actually watched it before:gasp:)
Today
yay! I'm not busy

And now because no one asked here's my top 5 favourite music artists :music: (in no particular order[that's a lie, it's in alphabetical order]):p:U:rolleyes::cool:

Avicii

Charlie Puth

Imagine Dragons

Panic! At the Disco

P!nk

probs gonna do daily posts to make up for disappearing for a few days
Also because I know you've all been wondering about the pros and cons of the Human Genome Project, I made this for all of you. IMG_20180922_182955-compressed.jpg.jpeg
edit: omg my phones camera is terrible sorry :tongue:

edit2: writing in straight lines on unlined paper is REALLY hard tbh
(edited 5 years ago)
22/09/18 - basically a necropost at this point :rolleyes:

Okay Hi again everyone.

Sorry for not posting in like, 5 days. THIS GYG IS NOT DEAD i promise
I was quite busy...
Tuesday
okay, i wasn't busy on Tuesday, i just dodn't upload because i was going to on wednesday
Wednesday
a LOT of french homework. :s-smilie::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::silverwings::sigh:
it was due on monday (2 days before i was doing it:eek::eek3:), so if i didn't do it i would probably get a 2hr detention or something like that (sorta exaggerating, i think:confused:). so that basically took the whole evening (and the next morning, and the class before french on thursday)
Thursday
went to see my grandparents after school :grin:(they live quite close), then I had to go to an award ceremony after that :smartass::bumps:
Friday
i got my phone fixed (it was broken), now i can post some pictures, then i watched Thor a dark world (i hadn't actually watched it before:gasp:)
Today
yay! I'm not busy

And now because no one asked here's my top 5 favourite music artists :music: (in no particular order[that's a lie, it's in alphabetical order]):p:U:rolleyes::cool:

Avicii

Charlie Puth

Imagine Dragons

Panic! At the Disco

P!nk

probs gonna do daily posts to make up for disappearing for a few days

yaaaaas charlie puth and avicii!!!!!
they are my top favourite artists too
:woo: also the poster on the human genome project is really good :smile:
sounds like your week was alright:yep:
:gah: I like most of those artists:wink:
Original post by Ferrari101
yaaaaas charlie puth and avicii!!!!!
they are my top favourite artists too

:five: :biggrin:
Original post by laurawatt
:woo: also the poster on the human genome project is really good :smile:

i've got two failed attempts in the bin next to me
Mini update -
I was ill on the last two days so didn't go to school. I didn't do anything productive either - I was ill. To be fair I could have probably done a bit of homework/revision, but binge watching is a lot more fun. On Monday I watched a few marvel movies (namely: Doctor strange, spiderman homecoming, and captain America civil war), and today I watched the latter half of vampire diaries season 5. I'll probably be going to school tomorrow, so expect a more school-centred post tomorrow.

{on the app; I have no idea how to tag, or even if you can}

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending