The Student Room Group

should i skip the homework

I'm a good student I never do anything bad since i'm always scared of the consequences
On Thursday I was set math homework but it's really difficult and long and i just don't want to do it and i don't know how to do it
I spent 3 hours on Friday trying to figure it out but I'm still so lost
I know that's like the crappiest excuse anyone could make but i'm so lost and it involves using excel and some site called geogebra i have no idea how that works I'm so shite at using technology in general
If i go ahead in my textbook and just focus on answering exam questions it won't affect my learning too much right?
i'm worried i'll show up to class and everyone might've completed it except me and i can't ask for an extended deadline because I feel so stupid for being so confused and I don't want to ask for help. I've been feeling really anxious about it so I asked a friend of mine who is unfortunately in the similar situation...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a good student I never do anything bad since i'm always scared of the consequences
On Thursday I was set math homework but it's really difficult and long and i just don't want to do it and i don't know how to do it
I know that's like the crappiest excuse anyone could make but i'm so lost and it involves using excel and some site called geogebra i have no idea how that works I'm so shite at using technology in general
If i go ahead in my textbook and just focus on answering exam questions it won't affect my learning too much right?
i'm worried i'll show up to class and everyone might've completed it except me and i can't ask for an extended deadline because I feel so stupid for being so confused and I don't want to ask for help. I've been feeling really anxious about it so I asked a friend of mine who is unfortunately in the similar situation...

Hey, is the A-level math or GCSE or what? If it is like GCSE you could try the socratic app it might give you the answer. Or cymaths or symbolab.

If those don't help email your teacher BEFORE the class explaining that you don't understand etc. ASk for him/her to explain it to you or something and you should be fine. You shouldn't not ask your teacher for help - it is what they are paid for. ALso they won't judge so you'll be fine. If you really don't want to ask for help at least send an email saying you don't understand.

Since you always do your homework you should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by _Mia101
Hey, is the A-level math or GCSE or what? If it is like GCSE you could try the socratic app it might give you the answer. Or cymaths or symbolab.

If those don't help email your teacher BEFORE the class explaining that you don't understand etc. ASk for him/her to explain it to you or something and you should be fine. You shouldn't not ask your teacher for help - it is what they are paid for. ALso they won't judge so you'll be fine. If you really don't want to ask for help at least send an email saying you don't understand.

Since you always do your homework you should be fine.

A Level :frown:

My teacher is very strict and I don't want to ask for help. I know some other people who are also confused but I don't know exactly what to do about this. What if she explains it and I get even more confused?

Also I don't know why but I can't seem to find her email address on the school system.. so now I'm freaking out even more.
Reply 3

You could ask for help in the Maths forum. If you do that make sure you post specifically what you need help with. Don't just post the whole thing and ask for help which is what a lot of people do :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek
You could ask for help in the Maths forum. If you do that make sure you post specifically what you need help with. Don't just post the whole thing and ask for help which is what a lot of people do :smile:

thank you I know this but there's so much to do. I'm not explaining it properly so here's a screenshot of some of the instructions set on google classroom. And the person who made the classroom isn't even my math teacher :/

https://imgur.com/k53uDMa

I'd be honest - I would not just not do it. Can you upload any of the questions so we can help? There are youtube videos to help with geogebra.
Reply 6
thank you I know this but there's so much to do. I'm not explaining it properly so here's a screenshot of some of the instructions set on google classroom. And the person who made the classroom isn't even my math teacher :/

https://imgur.com/k53uDMa

That's just a set of instructions for you to do in Excel. If there's a specific instruction that you're stuck on then please post it.
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
I'd be honest - I would not just not do it. Can you upload any of the questions so we can help? There are youtube videos to help with geogebra.

I appreciate the suggestion about tutorials though thank you I don't know why that didn't come across my mind.

I'll give it one last attempt tomorrow when I'm feeling less frustrated and then I'll just give up. The questions are easy to comprehend - identify the outlier, compare the shape of the distribution etc.- but I can't answer any of them without following the confusing instructions to making the graphs. lol I'm sorry I can't even explain it properly.
I appreciate the suggestion about tutorials though thank you I don't know why that didn't come across my mind.

I'll give it one last attempt tomorrow when I'm feeling less frustrated and then I'll just give up. The questions are easy to comprehend - identify the outlier, compare the shape of the distribution etc.- but I can't answer any of them without following the confusing instructions to making the graphs. lol I'm sorry I can't even explain it properly.

Let us know if we can help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending