The Student Room Group

C4 integration

I need help with k😭
IMG_20180923_092708-compressed.jpg.jpeg
IMG_20180923_092726-compressed.jpg.jpeg
IMG_20180923_092733-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Scroll to see replies

partial fractions is a good way to start. you didn’t get it quite right and some other stuff too. i’ve uploaded my solution
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
sorry ignore the binomial expansion screenshot
Original post by graecusthegreek
partial fractions is a good way to start. you didn’t get it quite right and some other stuff too. i’ve uploaded my solution

Oh my god, you're literally a life saver. Thank you so much, thought I'd be stuck on this forever😅. Xx
Original post by Danielnovels25
Oh my god, you're literally a life saver. Thank you so much, thought I'd be stuck on this forever😅. Xx

no problem :smile: if you want anymore help just @ me
no problem :smile: if you want anymore help just @ me

I need help with L, I'm so sorry.

73DFC8FB-B0EF-45A2-97A2-E09D3CDF3B9F.jpg.jpeg
send as many probelsm as you want!
tell me if you can't read something :smile: also don't apologize silly
the integral of cosec²x is a standard integral. not sure if it's in the formula booklet or not
73DFC8FB-B0EF-45A2-97A2-E09D3CDF3B9F.jpg.jpeg

Wow, thank you so much again! Do you have any tips on how to know if your answer is right on the exam? Like, I obviously won't have the actual answer in the exam to check my answer, so how do I know if my answer is the actual answer?
Wow, thank you so much again! Do you have any tips on how to know if your answer is right on the exam? Like, I obviously won't have the actual answer in the exam to check my answer, so how do I know if my answer is the actual answer?

do you have a calculator that can do numerical integration?
I usually just use my calculator to integrate the expression between 0 and 1 (or some other domain) and see what answer I get. I then put in the same limits for my answer. if they're the same then I'm pretty sure I've integrated correctly. does this make sense? I can go through an example if you want :smile:
let's say I want to integrate x (silly I know but it works as an example). I do some integration and think it's x²/3. so I go on my calculator and integrate x between 0 and 1 which would give me ½. but if I put in the limits 0 and 1 into my answer (x²/3) I would get which isn't the same answer, so I know I've gone wrong somewhere. make sense?
do you have a calculator that can do numerical integration?
I usually just use my calculator to integrate the expression between 0 and 1 (or some other domain) and see what answer I get. I then put in the same limits for my answer. if they're the same then I'm pretty sure I've integrated correctly. does this make sense? I can go through an example if you want :smile:

Yup, makes sense. Thank you sooooooooo much, honest. 🙏🏾😊😊😊
Yup, makes sense. Thank you sooooooooo much, honest. 🙏🏾😊😊😊

no problem :smile:
@graecusthegreek I promise, I PROMISE this is the last one. M

[attach]774924[/attach
]IMG_20180923_130123-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 17
X

Hi, in future please post hints instead of full solutions. Please read the posting guidelines, thanks :smile:
Original post by Notnek
Hi, in future please post hints instead of full solutions. Please read the posting guidelines, thanks :smile:

sorry i didn’t realise!
sorry i didn’t realise!

Can u help with question m? I tried replacing all the x values in terms of u, but that didn't work. And then I tried saying y=x-2 and that didn't work either. :/
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest