The Student Room Group

A questions

So basically (Two years ago) I did health and social care btec level2 diploma and achieved a Distinction. This year because I didn't pass my GCSE maths I have to do a level 2 again before I can get onto level 3.... soo I'm stuck with a level 2, okay so I choose health and social care extended diploma because im good at health and I would easily get a high grade in that. My confusion is that it isn't the same course as the BTEC because its CASHE level 2 diploma in health and social care which gives you 4 gcses. I'm like because they're both health and social care GCSEs, will unis be like its the same subject? we can't take that into your list of 5 GCSEs however it's like a different exam board, the units are similar but not the same. plsss help!! my teacher literally wouldn't explain anything, there are people like me on my course who are in the same situation too.
Original post by saleenasaif
So basically (Two years ago) I did health and social care btec level2 diploma and achieved a Distinction. This year because I didn't pass my GCSE maths I have to do a level 2 again before I can get onto level 3.... soo I'm stuck with a level 2, okay so I choose health and social care extended diploma because im good at health and I would easily get a high grade in that. My confusion is that it isn't the same course as the BTEC because its CASHE level 2 diploma in health and social care which gives you 4 gcses. I'm like because they're both health and social care GCSEs, will unis be like its the same subject? we can't take that into your list of 5 GCSEs however it's like a different exam board, the units are similar but not the same. plsss help!! my teacher literally wouldn't explain anything, there are people like me on my course who are in the same situation too.

I think its a dangerous stragey and you cnat tell how unis will treat it.

I think some will just see it as the same H&SC subject.

Some will not see it as 4 GCSE.

It isnt what I think that matters, but the unis you intend to apply to.

Explain it to them what you are planning to do and what their take in it.

I am almost certain some will not see it as progression and some will not want to give you credit for both.

In that situation I would be cautious about doing the new one due to the duplication. Contact them and ask or speak to careers.

Quick Reply

Latest