The Student Room Group

I have been mislead from a 1 GCSE course to another

Hi, I am a year 10 and I was timetabled down to do GCSE Design and Technology but after realising after a few sessions that I am doing a Pearson BTEC Creative and Media production, which is the same time as any other GCSE(2 years)and I looked through the Pearson website and they don't do BTEC/GCSE Design and Technology so obviously I have been mislead in year 9 when I was picking my GCSE's by the head of KS4. Where is the the wood and metal work in Media production?
Original post by thefdoyle
Hi, I am a year 10 and I was timetabled down to do GCSE Design and Technology but after realising after a few sessions that I am doing a Pearson BTEC Creative and Media production, which is the same time as any other GCSE(2 years)and I looked through the Pearson website and they don't do BTEC/GCSE Design and Technology so obviously I have been mislead in year 9 when I was picking my GCSE's by the head of KS4. Where is the the wood and metal work in Media production?

You need to go back to your Head of Year and find why the course is not what you opted for.

Pearson do 6 versions of Design and Technology GCSE and well as a BTEC entry level cert in Design and Technology.

Ask the teacher/ course organiser what you are doing and if its not what you want then ask to change.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/design-and-technology-2017.html

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-entry-level-certificate/design-and-technology.html
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
You need to go back to your Head of Year and find why the course is not what you opted for.

But my head of year is teaching the course:sad:??
But my head of year is teaching the course:sad:??

So ask them and get your parents involved. Is the other course running?
Reply 5
So ask them and get your parents involved. Is the other course running?

I will get them involved but the other isn't running, so i'm stuck.
I will get them involved but the other isn't running, so i'm stuck.

That's probably why but you should have been consulted about alternatives. Is there anything else in that option block that you would prefer?
Reply 7
That's probably why but you should have been consulted about alternatives. Is there anything else in that option block that you would prefer?

I don't know what runs in the same period as media but i would be interested in food.
I don't know what runs in the same period as media but i would be interested in food.

Have you got friends in your form? What do they do when you are doing this? Were the Option Blocks in your Option Booklet? You need to chase this soon or they will say it's too late to change.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Pearson do 6 versions of Design and Technology GCSE and well as a BTEC entry level cert in Design and Technology.

Ask the teacher/ course organiser what you are doing and if its not what you want then ask to change.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/design-and-technology-2017.html

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-entry-level-certificate/design-and-technology.html

Thanks for the sources but I looked at BTEC awards as that is what we are doing and there is no DT only media production and the source slideshow informed that the course is 2 years, so that is all the way up until I leave Secondary education.
Reply 10
Have you got friends in your form? What do they do when you are doing this? Were the Option Blocks in your Option Booklet? You need to chase this soon or they will say it's too late to change.

That's true that I need to change quick. All my friends are in media(DT), I will find out tomorrow:yy:.
Thanks for the sources but I looked at BTEC awards as that is what we are doing and there is no DT only media production and the source slideshow informed that the course is 2 years, so that is all the way up until I leave Secondary education.

You are missing the point.
Go and ask the course organiser what course it is and if its not the one you want to do then ask to change.

Quick Reply

Latest