The Student Room Group

Doing AQA computer science a-levels privately NEA

I am going to do my AQA cs a-levels privately. How does the NEA work for me? Do I finish my project and submit it in my exam centre? or does everything I do have to supervised?
Reply 1
AQA Computer Science A level is not available to private candidates so don't pick that.

The centre will have to have seen enough of you doing the NEA to be prepared to sign to say that it is yours - that's very hard for a private candidate.
So what would be an equivalent or harder alternative to the AQA Computer Science A level?
Reply 3
Original post by Haziq123
So what would be an equivalent or harder alternative to the AQA Computer Science A level?

It might be possible to do OCR A level Computer Science - you'd have to check the specification to see if it is open to private candidates. Alternatively, if you are already studying other A levels at a centre then if they let you take AQA Comp Sci there you will be a centre candidate.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
hello if you are retaking aqa computer science, what centre are you taking it at as im trying to retake but cant find anywhere.
thanks
Reply 5
Original post by alicenk
hello if you are retaking aqa computer science, what centre are you taking it at as im trying to retake but cant find anywhere.
thanks

Are you intending to carry forward the NEA?
Where are you?
Can you please advice how to appear for the OCR computer science A levels as a private candidate , especially how to arrange for the NEA project.
just do Cambridge international board for reference if anyone else comes to this thread wanting to privately study cs. we do it at my school coz no cw.

Quick Reply

Latest