The Student Room Group

EPQ advice

So i'm doing my EPQ on the Death Penalty but I'm not really sure what my question should be/what to look into. Any ideas?
Original post by Kasia_Kuczaj
So i'm doing my EPQ on the Death Penalty but I'm not really sure what my question should be/what to look into. Any ideas?

Moved to Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)

Why did you choose to do an EQP in something you don't seem to know anything about? Isn't that a bit silly?
Original post by Reality Check
Why did you choose to do an EQP in something you don't seem to know anything about? Isn't that a bit silly?

we were told to do it about something we find interesting or want to know more about
we were told to do it about something we find interesting or want to know more about

OK. Is there another topic you could do for your EPQ about which you've got a little more knowledge? Do you think that might be easier?
Reply 5
I am doing mine atm... What I did orginally I researched into the whole topic then I focused on a small part. So over the summer I researched History of Medicine from the Greeks to the 20th century European modern advancements. Once I did that I chose a time period which was the Islamic Golden Age because I felt that no many people now about it and it could be interesting... I started writing my EPQ in September answering the question How far did the development of Medicine in the Islamic Golden Age influence modern medicine I have written around 6601 words by now... actually need to edit in 20 mins or so because my deadline is this Friday.

My advice:
1. If you are not sure search the whole topic then focus on a part that intrigues you.
2. Whilst choosing your question include a factor... in my case it was religion
3. Also choose a time period if applicable or initiate the debate or argument
Hmm...
'Is the Death Penalty morally wrong?'
'Is the Death Penalty a fair punishment?'
'What impact does the Death Penalty have on serious crime rates?'
'Does the Death Penalty benefit society more than rehabilitation?'
Something like those? It is a very interesting topic, nice choice. One of my friends did it for her EPQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending