The Student Room Group

Royal economic society essay competition

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lgannil
Hey! Does anyone know when the results will be announced?

Beginning of October, last year it was the 4th...
Original post by Rohan29
Beginning of October, last year it was the 4th...

4th? I could have sworn it was the 16th October... anyways I hope the results are released soon
Reply 22
Original post by heartshaker
4th? I could have sworn it was the 16th October... anyways I hope the results are released soon

On their website it says "beginning of October..." and so, surely the 16th would be the middle? I think they will be announced early next week but, the time they are taking though suggests they might be struggling on deciding the final shortlist and winners.
Original post by Rohan29
On their website it says "beginning of October..." and so, surely the 16th would be the middle? I think they will be announced early next week but, the time they are taking though suggests they might be struggling on deciding the final shortlist and winners.

Well last year it was released on the 16th Oct, or so I believe (it was posted on the 16th on their website).

And the shortlist has been decided by the tutor2u team already, no? I wonder why it takes so long for them to decide on the winner...
Reply 24
it is now the eighth of October they still give no responses
My friend emailed RES and apparently they don't have a specific date to release the results, but they are expecting to release results in the next month.
Unfortunately for us, this is past the oxbridge deadline AND the SAQ deadline (for cambridge).
Should of submitted in for Marshall instead smh
Reply 26
damn
Original post by Ghost_0
My friend emailed RES and apparently they don't have a specific date to release the results, but they are expecting to release results in the next month.
Unfortunately for us, this is past the oxbridge deadline AND the SAQ deadline (for cambridge).
Should of submitted in for Marshall instead smh

Wait so it's going to be released in November? That's not gonna make in time for my uni applications either. They really should update their web page or smth because it says it's going to be released in October and they're giving us false hope
Original post by JackFu
Hi everyone, I am participating in the current 2018 RES essay competition, what topics did you guys do?

hi i just realised there was such a thing , so sad i missed it and i cant join now, i will try next year , when did u join it this year? when does it start?
Original post by Presence
hi i just realised there was such a thing , so sad i missed it and i cant join now, i will try next year , when did u join it this year? when does it start?

There is no start date. I dont know when the questions are released but i woulf guess arpund january. The deadline last year was july 14th but that is subject to change. Personally i think RES is the most competitive and as you can see here, doesnt release results quick enough. I would say try John locke and marshall instead but if you have time do them all.

Also about the release time the phrase "in the next month" is exactly hpw they said it which is a bit ambigious so I am not sure if it means october or november but I do think its november
any reply from RES??
Original post by ZAAzzzz
any reply from RES??

Well now they updated the message on the website to 'later this month' as opposed to the previous 'beginning of October'. Let's just hope they release the results sometime this week
results are out lads
Reply 33
Original post by ZAAzzzz
results are out lads

emails?
No check the website. Did anyone get anything out of it? Wasnt expecting much anyway and didnt think my essay was that good anyway.
If anyones thinking doing RES I wouldnt advise it. They had 1500 word essays, much less than previous years and quite a low amount of entries compared to previous years and released results on the day of the Oxbridge deadline... Other competitons give you a much better chance.
Reply 35
ahh I didnt even get highly commended... but congrats to the guys who did.

Quick Reply

Latest