The Student Room Group

Um... Will My Grades Get Me On Drag Race, Or A King Charles II Party?

Scroll to see replies

Friday 21st September 2018 - My Chemical Romance are still not back together

M E D I A S T U D I E S
We had an assignment on adverts to do on the iMacs, but we all watched YouTube instead.

I C T
My computer wasn't working properly so I did my work it on my MacBook instead. I looked at all the websites I'm covering and made some notes on them to make my life easier.

H I S T O R Y
We looked at our test answers again and looked at a sample answer.

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I tried my best to do ICT but I couldn't stop thinking about lunch.
:woo: for the last 3 days!!
Lunch is a good thing to think about :lol:
Monday 24th September 2018 - I am angry and frustrated at my school :angry:
M E D I A S T U D I E S
Finished the assignment on the Macs and didn't really talk about anything. :taz:

I C T
Today we started Pass 2, Merit 2 and Distinction 1 - the PowerPoint. We also got to meet our new cover teacher who looks like a younger version of another teacher in the school. We also had another main ICT teacher who was just showing her how to use the computers as many of them got replaced recently. :tongue:

H I S T O R Y
Started learning about the politicial threats of the left and right on Weimar Germany. The teacher also kept trying to use the calculator on the computer and couldn't do it :hahaha:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Today I finished my ICT that's due for Thursday, and also printed out the information sheet for the PowerPoint.

:bricks:Now I have a wee rant. Few things have bothered me today:bricks:

My school's lack of ability to inform people. Today, exactly 2 minutes before lunch, I was handed a permission slip for my trip to Dublin next week that I was told about "last week". Um, no I was not. :huff: It says I'll be going on Tuesday week and I'll miss an entire day of school. Um, no. The trip, which I went on 3 years ago, is literally sitting around a table with a few people from sister schools across Ireland, and talking about leadership and Jesus. I could go to the oratory at school for free and get the same talk in an hour. The way the letter is worded is extremely vague, and sounds like they're implying I have to go or else I'm no longer in student council. If I miss a day of school I'll be missing so much work and be catching up on so much. Also turns out I'm actually representative of the ENTIRE school council and not just my class. I'm really f#####g pissed off about this. The teacher who was supposed to tell me never bothered to, nor did she bother to tell me I had to talk to the head of history on the first day back, nor that she put me down for sociology rather than history after I specifically said I was doing history. 4 BLOODY TIMES. :mad:

The principal screamed at my friend today and low-key insulted her by insisting wearing a blazer means she's trying to show she doesn't care about the school and blah blah blah (but in a really mean way that felt almost unrealistic in a way). This friend has what I'll just call issues that make it extremely uncomfortable for her to wear a blazer but the school won't accept this and just keep nagging on and on and on :shakecane:

Third and finally - whoever thought pomegranate scented dish soap was a good idea belongs in hell. We used the minimum amount needed and now all of our dishes smell DISGUSTING and make me feel ill. I need Jesus and an antibiotic with how strong the scent is. I feel like I'm recovering from a vomiting migraine.

ANYWHOOOOO QOTD: Favourite song right now?

Tags:

Spoiler

your school sounds tiresome:sadnod:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
your school sounds tiresome:sadnod:

Sixth year is cool and all that but they're really bad at actually informing individual people about things
sending you hugs :hugs:
Original post by laurawatt
sending you hugs :hugs:

thank you :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuesday 25h September 2018 - Ganged up on the vice principal with the principal & a teacher
Yeah this needs a bit of context. You see, the VP started arguing with the head of ICT because he was saying all the other subjects shouldn't be using e-learning tools and should all be using textbooks. Of course I stepped in and started reeling off on the benefits of e-learning and how without it I wouldn't have been able to get the grades I got at GCSE (especially with me being ill an awful lot). The principal joined in and started also reeling off the benefits to the point the VP sent me away to get out of the way :cool::cool::cool::cool:

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Looked at Media Theorists, interpreted different images and then I had a good slabber with the teacher about the vice principal badmouthing e-learning and trying to be old fashioned and all that jazz. The teacher also didn't know how to deal with the class at the end because we all just packed up 10 minutes early for no reason :s-smilie:

I C T
Continued on with the PowerPoint and kept getting distracted by my class. But hey - at least it was an excuse to mindlessly go on Twitter and TSR for "website research" :bebored:

H I S T O R Y
Looked at the Kapp Putsch and why it failed. My teacher was going to search for something in the class online, but the last thing he had up was Hussan's execution, which the class were confused about. His response? "This was for me year 12 class I wasn't just searching up about executions." which made the entire class howl in laughter :rofl3:
He also shamefully threw out the plant my old form teacher gave him because he didn't take care of it and killed it :redface:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Continued on with the PowerPoint, finishing all the slides and formatting how I want to do the speaker notes. :congrats:

About that permission slip, my mum wrote on it that I don't feel up to travelling to Dublin and I was supposed to hand it in. BUUUUT of course the teacher was no where to be found :banghead:

QOTD: What social media do you use the most?

TAGS:

Spoiler

go emily! :woo: (although i'm not sure arguing with the vice principal was the best idea :giggle:)

i only have instagram, so that would be my most used one :lol:
Original post by laurawatt
go emily! :woo: (although i'm not sure arguing with the vice principal was the best idea :giggle:)

Oh I argued with the old principal all the time so the VP was a step down :lol:
i use snapchat and twitter the most:yep:
Reply 51
Go Emily! Lol arguing with the vice principal about e-learning will defo spark a heated debate.

I’m mostly found on Instagram :P
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Go Emily! Lol arguing with the vice principal about e-learning will defo spark a heated debate.

I’m mostly found on Instagram :P

I just thrawrped my fan and walked away this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 53
Original post by emilynxlan
Tuesday 25h September 2018 - Ganged up on the vice principal with the principal & a teacher
Yeah this needs a bit of context. You see, the VP started arguing with the head of ICT because he was saying all the other subjects shouldn't be using e-learning tools and should all be using textbooks. Of course I stepped in and started reeling off on the benefits of e-learning and how without it I wouldn't have been able to get the grades I got at GCSE (especially with me being ill an awful lot). The principal joined in and started also reeling off the benefits to the point the VP sent me away to get out of the way :cool::cool::cool::cool:

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Looked at Media Theorists, interpreted different images and then I had a good slabber with the teacher about the vice principal badmouthing e-learning and trying to be old fashioned and all that jazz. The teacher also didn't know how to deal with the class at the end because we all just packed up 10 minutes early for no reason :s-smilie:

I C T
Continued on with the PowerPoint and kept getting distracted by my class. But hey - at least it was an excuse to mindlessly go on Twitter and TSR for "website research" :bebored:

H I S T O R Y
Looked at the Kapp Putsch and why it failed. My teacher was going to search for something in the class online, but the last thing he had up was Hussan's execution, which the class were confused about. His response? "This was for me year 12 class I wasn't just searching up about executions." which made the entire class howl in laughter :rofl3:
He also shamefully threw out the plant my old form teacher gave him because he didn't take care of it and killed it :redface:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Continued on with the PowerPoint, finishing all the slides and formatting how I want to do the speaker notes. :congrats:

About that permission slip, my mum wrote on it that I don't feel up to travelling to Dublin and I was supposed to hand it in. BUUUUT of course the teacher was no where to be found :banghead:

QOTD: What social media do you use the most?

TAGS:

Spoiler

Wish my school would make us miss a day of school ):
RIP VP LMAOOOOOOOOOO

AOTD: TSR if that counts lol
hahah sounds fun
snapchat probably but insta is very close behind :yep:
Wednesday 26th September 2018 - Fire alarm went off
And now I can't hear out of my left ear properly!

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Learned PhotoShop basics and got screamed at by someone. Another person also put their rubbish in my pocket :redface:

I C T
I did my PowerPoint's speaker notes while the rest of the class panicked and finished their website production essay thing.

H I S T O R Y
The teacher put a Netflix documentary on for us and I just kept drawing eyebrows and bees :cool:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Fire alarm went off here, and we were all sarcastically shocked and surprised. It was kind of hinted that it was going to happen by the girl who's in charge of the sixth form centre.

QOTD: Do you like all of the subjects you are studying at school??

TAGS:

Spoiler

Reply 56
Nice to hear you’re doing well. I do like all the subjects I’m doing but Economics is difficult - teacher has been helping me at least. x :smile:
Thursday 27th September 2018 - My sister's birthday!
The new TSR desktop layout is confusing me I don't like it

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Continued with the PhotoShop work and I can easily say I'm annoyed at the Macs at school :mad: They just won't work properly!

I C T
So today I continued with my PowerPoint as the teacher decided to do some online shopping :rolleyes: She had to go to the head of IT for permissions as they were blocked from the websites

H I S T O R Y
Continued watching the Netflix documentary, read over the last page in the booklet and the teacher said some things that I won't repeat but they were HILARIOUS :rofl3:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Oooh I did the bare minimum amount of work so I could just watch Korean Billy and pretend I'm referring it to my work :h:

QOTD: What do you usually have for lunch? :eating:

TAGS: @danielflood @Raen @pinegrove @cloudbubbles @mez_merising @entertainmyfaith @stalkingsilence @laurawatt @CoffeeAndPolitics @ab173 @Toastiekid @Jinkx Monsoon
usually have a sandwich, fruit and some other snack:lol:
Usually a cheese sandwhich, a chocolate bar and some fruit!
It’s annoying that the computers don’t work properly though :redface: :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending