The Student Room Group

Did you feel nervous the first time you had sex?

Boy have I got a story for this :rofl:

Did you feel nervous the first time you had sex?

Reply 1
Original post by Breeee
Do tell! :beard:

Once the thread is live :tongue: I'll type it up ready and save it as a draft :hoppy:
That's a lot of questions. I was a mix of nervous and confident.
Reply 4
Original post by 8472

Do tell! :beard:
Reply 5
Original post by 8472
Once the thread is live :tongue: I'll type it up ready and save it as a draft :hoppy:

I've got high expectations for this story now :biggrin: I'll be looking out for it when this goes live :wink:
Reply 6
Did you feel nervous or confident?: A mixture of both, but no more than any everyday situations for me it was just my anxiety but I felt better knowing we were both a bit lost haha 😂

Were you expecting to have sex for the first time when it happened or did it just randomly happen?: we didn't plan it plan it, he was visiting me for the first time ever(ldr) and he made it clear we would whenever we both felt ready be it that week or the next time or time after, one night we just both felt ready I guess and although it didn't work for the first few months it was still the right time and I wouldn't change it for the world :smile:

Did your first sexual partner know it was your first time? Could they tell you were nervous?: He definitely could and I could too 😂 he did know I made it very clear and he did too

Did you know how sexually experienced the person you slept with for the first time was? Did that change your thoughts or feelings?: I did know right off the bat, we talked about it a lot for some reason and let each other know our experiences(zero haha) it didn't change my feelings or thoughts really, I just knew I loved him and nothing else mattered, as I still do now x :smile:
Nervous.

It just happened.

Yes.

We were both virgins.
Reply 8
Well. My first time was in my bedroom with an ex. It wasn't exactly planned or anything really. It was a saturday afternoon. We'd been to M&S and had some duck wraps then had a bit of a walk. Returned to my bedroom to watch a film. Maze Runner. We lay down in my wee single bed to watch and go from there. Turns out Maze Runner is pretty shoddy film. I'm falling asleep. I don't know about her. Cue teenagers being teenagers. Being so close to each other for a bit we were both in the mood as such. We have a moment talking and then just try it after suggesting. I wasn't confident but I wasn't nervous. I was in my own room and felt safe. Part of it was knowing she was someone I loved and had been with for a bit. With that said, the first isn't always very much. For myself.. as i've posted elsewhere. I couldn't exactly have the full experience as I had a short frenulum :mmm: I wasn't going to be that guy who tore his banjo string first time and was traumatised for life. So not a lot happened. The most important part was the psychological aspect of what and how it happened.

Did you feel nervous or confident?
Neither nervous or confident. Just in the middle.

Were you expecting to have sex for the first time when it happened or did it just randomly happen?

It just happened

Did your first sexual partner know it was your first time? Could they tell you were nervous?
Yes as there had been a lot of talking before about likes, dislikes and other stuff.

Did you know how sexually experienced the person you slept with for the first time was? Did that change your thoughts or feelings?
Yes. Open and honest.
My experience was a little unconvetional. I lost my virginity in a one night stand to a man I had long admired but never met before that day. He was also ten years my senior and a dom.

Did you feel nervous or confident?
Both, weirdly. I'd tried to lose my virginity with a long-term (2yrs) boyfriend before him and it didn't feel right. I'd try to lose it would other people after and I couldn't bring myself to go through with it. I even feared there was something wrong with me and that I was asexual. But with this person, even though I was nervous as all hell, it just felt right. There was something in my head that was telling me this was the right person. That increased my confidence, making me say yes when usually I would have said no.

Were you expecting to have sex for the first time when it happened or did it just randomly happen?
Completely unexpected. When I left the house that morning I had never even met him. Through a series of events thathad they transpired any differently would've had a very different outcomeI ended up meeting him. After speaking for an hour about some actually rather sophisticated topics rather than flirting too much (although we did end up discussing sex briefly, after he asked about my love life and I told him about an abusive ex) he invited me to his room with the proposition of a specific sexual act. He was straight to the point, and I kind of liked that - I knew if I went with him what would happen. :tongue:

Did your first sexual partner know it was your first time? Could they tell you were nervous?
I lost my virginity to an experienced dominant. He could read a woman's body language like a book. He told me he knew I was nervous, and asked me why. He also asked me in an extremely blunt way how many men I'd slept with - otherwise to be honest I would not have told him I was a virgin. In hindsight I'm really glad he asked. He changed his approach once he knew, made sure I was okay with losing it to him specifically, and when there was something I said I didn't want to do he didn't pressure or guilt me into changing my mind. He made me feel so much more comfortable once he was aware of the situation. He eased my nerves and made me feel safe with him, despite being a complete stranger!

Did you know how sexually experienced the person you slept with for the first time was? Did that change your thoughts or feelings?
I was aware he was experienced. While I hadn't met him before that day I knew of him. I had even fantasised of having sex with him years before. :lol: I knew he was married and had a family, and I knew he was into BDSM, but I wasn't aware until that day he wasn't monogamous (and before anyone calls me a homewrecker his wife is aware of his lifestyle!). His experience was really a huge comfort to me. Knowing that he knew what he was doing, that he was well-experienced in the acts we partook in, and partially the fact I probably wouldn't see him again (wrong, but that's a story for another day :tongue:) made it so much easier to be real in front of him. I didn't need him to fall in love with me or even be interested in me after, which took away the pressure that I'd felt when trying to sleep with people I'd actually had relationships with. If I sucked in bed it wouldn't matter because he wasn't mine to begin with. You'd think being with someone more experienced might have the opposite effect, making you more nervous because you don't know if you'll live up to their past, but if anything it was nice being with someone who knew what they liked, what felt good, and to be completely honest how to please a woman. :tongue:

Overshare over. Btw this was some years ago now and I have absolutely no regrets. I'm really glad this person came into my life, even if only for a few short hours. He changed my views on sex entirely. And introduced me to some really fun stuff. :yep:
Before I lost my virginity, there had been a few other guys that I had “done bits” with. By that I mean giving them blowjobs and not really getting much in return 🙄

I’m quite self conscious of my body, so it’s always a big deal for me to get naked in front of anyone. I don’t even get changed in front of my female friends if I can help it.

I would think to myself about these different guys I dated “am I comfortable when I’m naked with them?” And for the most part, the answer is no.

There was one guy who I really liked - I mean super obsessed - and he’d always try to get me to go home with him after a night out. I’d always say no, but one day I gave in. When I was in his bed I ended up getting really nervous and I told him I don’t feel comfortable sleeping with him just then. We still did bits, but after that night he never spoke to me again 😬 I guess I made the right choice as he just wanted to **** about.

Then I met this guy who I clicked with from the first date. We got on super well and didn’t rush anything - he wouldn’t force any intimacy and we had many sleepovers where we would make out and stuff but didn’t expect sex.
Eventually when we did sleep with each other, I felt super happy and sure about it, and it was amazing. I was a tiny bit nervous, but more in an excited way. If you’re nervous to the point where it could affect your enjoyment, you shouldn’t go ahead with it.

I think I’m one of the rare girls whose first time didn’t consist of blood and pain 😂 and I’m lucky that my boyfriend is so cool about everything and looks after me so well. That was almost 2 years ago now!
I laughed the whole way through sis

Quick Reply

Latest