The Student Room Group

Bi-curious and wanting to try gay sex?

Hi,

So I'm an 18 y/o male without any sort of sexual experience with another person (not even kissing :frown: ) and I'd really like to try gay sex. I don't really have any interest in a romantic relationship with a man like I do with girls, however I am more interested in sex with men than I am with girls if that makes any sense? Like I'd only have sex with a girl if we were really close and in a romantic relationship, but my interest in guys is purely sexual with no romantic attraction.

I would like to try gay sex before I end up in any long term relationships as I feel it'd be awkward explaining to someone else how I feel.

So I have a couple of questions:

1: How would I go about safely finding someone to experiment with? and also what should I expect?

2: Is it acceptable to be in a heterosexual relationship, and have sex with guys if it is purely for pleasure? as in, there is no romantic attraction there. Does that count as cheating since you don't actually want to be with the person you are having sex with?
Reply 1
1) I'd try apps like Grindr or Tinder. I'm female, so I have no idea what to expect though. Or go to a gay bar.

2) It would be cheating yes. You might find a girl who's willing to have an open relationship though.
I'm actually quite similar but a tad younger. I only tend to find girls sexually attractive after we've built a really strong bond - friendly or romantic - but with men it just sort of sexual and I've never really been romantically attracted to men. I think bars and apps are probably the best though you should definitely disclose that its purely experimental and you're not interested in a relationship. Also - that would be cheated unless you've specified with that girl that you'd like to be in an open relationship and she agrees.
How do you feel about Men dressed very convincingly as Women, seriously asking.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

So I'm an 18 y/o male without any sort of sexual experience with another person (not even kissing :frown: ) and I'd really like to try gay sex. I don't really have any interest in a romantic relationship with a man like I do with girls, however I am more interested in sex with men than I am with girls if that makes any sense? Like I'd only have sex with a girl if we were really close and in a romantic relationship, but my interest in guys is purely sexual with no romantic attraction.

I would like to try gay sex before I end up in any long term relationships as I feel it'd be awkward explaining to someone else how I feel.

1: How would I go about safely finding someone to experiment with? and also what should I expect?

2: Is it acceptable to be in a heterosexual relationship, and have sex with guys if it is purely for pleasure? as in, there is no romantic attraction there. Does that count as cheating since you don't actually want to be with the person you are having sex with?

1. For safety, of course your best bet would be to flirt with another man who has similar curiosities and is gay/bi etc. Preferably one that you know (whether it be in and out of school, work whatever) and move on from there :wink:

A gay bar is a great idea. Oh, expect many people similar to you; a better options would be gay clubs were 100% all men are just looking for a guy to diff :tongue: However, the risk with this is being drunk as hell, and S.T.I's (which the risk is considerably higher among homosexual males)
The most amount of risk comes from Grindr and asking online due to anonymity and cat fishing.

2. It's subjective and depends on your partner, but IMO it's cheating however I understand where you are coming from as I find you 100% relateable to me.

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Hi,

You sound like you are just in denial. You are probably gay, not bi, if you don't want to have sex with girls. Do yourself a favour and admit it.
1. Grindr.
2. Of course it is, unless you are in an open relationship.
Reply 6
Bi-what?
Reply 7
Please for the love of all that is holy use a condom and get tested for HIV after (if you don’t have gay sex again) and every 6 months if you keep having gay sex. Your chance of contracting HIV is much higher during anal sex. You can get home test kits for HIV that are very easy to do
mmm... interesting. same here. a little older though. just be wary about contacting sex-related and -transmitted diseases.
Hi,

I feel exactly the same ?
Original post by Ciel.
You sound like you are just in denial. You are probably gay, not bi, if you don't want to have sex with girls. Do yourself a favour and admit it.
1. Grindr.
2. Of course it is, unless you are in an open relationship.

I'm surprised you said Grindr and not "my inbox" :P
Reply 11
I'm surprised you said Grindr and not "my inbox" :P

I mean... I like men older than me but if he's really hot 🤣
Hi,

1) Use dating apps, but for the love of all be safe. Meet in a public place, tell someone where you're going, and just be sensible. Obviously if you're gonna do anything sexual, protect yourself. Don't take someone's word for it that they're clean. Get tested frequently. You could also try a gay bar.

2) It might be cheating, it would depend on the parameters of the relationship. The girl would have to be in the know and consent to it for it to not be cheating. You might want to consider an open relationship/polyamoury while you're still wanting to explore your sexuality. It's absolutely not wrong to want what you want though, as long as it's all cosensual.
Original post by Milax1x
Please for the love of all that is holy use a condom and get tested for HIV after (if you don’t have gay sex again) and every 6 months if you keep having gay sex. Your chance of contracting HIV is much higher during anal sex. You can get home test kits for HIV that are very easy to do

The chance of contracting HIV if using a condom is almost non-existent. And most HIV people are on PReP these days so the risk is even lower.
Original post by Vinny C
Try a refendum, put it to all your mates in the pub. It worked a treat for Brexit, so Brexiteers tell me. Mind you, they seem to talk complete *******s and anyone pointing it out gets slapped with the Remoaner stick.

A person who manages to shoehorn a whine about Brexit into a thread about gay sex absolutely deserves the otherwise silly term "remoaner"
Original post by AlexanderHam
A person who manages to shoehorn a whine about Brexit into a thread about gay sex absolutely deserves the otherwise silly term "remoaner"

Remoaner and proud. Either we leave and it all goes tits up or we stay in and watch the dummies hit mach 2. Either way, Brexit tears will roll.
Reply 16
The chance of contracting HIV if using a condom is almost non-existent. And most HIV people are on PReP these days so the risk is even lower.

Uhm... PReP is for for people who are at risk of HIV infection. Not for those who are already infected.

Great... Cameron says have a referendum and gets the boot. I say have a referendum and get a yellow card. So much for them being a shining example of democracy at work.
Original post by Ciel.
Uhm... PReP is for for people who are at risk of HIV infection. Not for those who are already infected.

I typed so fast that I missed out the words "most people at risk of" not "most people". If someone is sleeping around with lots of men then PReP is probably a good idea.

But for any normal gay person the likelihood of catching HIV is extremely low. Unless a person is engaging in passive, unprotected anal sex, or sharing used needles, then they really aren't in any serious risk.

Of course they should use protection as appropriate, but that's something you'd advise heterosexuals too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending