The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2019

Hello

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2019 then this is the thread for you!

Let us know what you're thinking, meet other applicants and ask us any questions you might have - we're here to help.

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

If you'd like to see more of BCU life follow us on Instagram: @mybcu

Good luck with those applications!!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
Looking to do primary education. I most worried about not having the full university experience as my course is on the south campus and student union/societies are based on the city campus. Have read reviews that student union is poorly represented on the south campus and this concerns me. It seems unfair that it is not equal between both campuses.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
HiI already applied to BCU for Midwifery Course. I have got English and Math grades. Also 3 years work experience in hospital setting. At a moment, I'm studying access course. I have attended BCU open day too. Although, I have met all course requirements, but still not getting any interview news. If anyone can help please.
Original post by Mooshi
Hi
Looking to do primary education. I most worried about not having the full university experience as my course is on the south campus and student union/societies are based on the city campus. Have read reviews that student union is poorly represented on the south campus and this concerns me. It seems unfair that it is not equal between both campuses.

Hi Mooshi,

There is a Student Union at City South Campus, we have bar/restaurant and SU offices on the ground floor, so I wouldn't worry about missing out! City South is very tight knit community and very sociable so there'll be plenty to get involved with. It's also still within the city centre so there's lots going on and it's not too far from the City Centre Campus for whenever you want to visit . Plus, it doens't matter where you're based if you want to join any societies - you can find lots on the SU website here.

I hope this helps!

Lydia
Original post by S. Rafiq
HiI already applied to BCU for Midwifery Course. I have got English and Math grades. Also 3 years work experience in hospital setting. At a moment, I'm studying access course. I have attended BCU open day too. Although, I have met all course requirements, but still not getting any interview news. If anyone can help please.

Hi S.Rafiq,

Try not to worry, I'm not sure if interview dates are being given out yet, so that could be why, if you're concerned you could contact our course enquiries team on 0121 331 5595 or by completeing this form.

Thanks,

Lydia
Hi! My ucas application has been fully sent off today, and I’ve applied to study criminology. I was just wondering, on average, how long does it take to receive offers from your uni?
Thanks !
Original post by Phoebemccaig
Hi! My ucas application has been fully sent off today, and I’ve applied to study criminology. I was just wondering, on average, how long does it take to receive offers from your uni?
Thanks !

Hi Phoebemccaig,

Well done on completing your application! :biggrin: It's really hard to say how long it will take, but all applications are looked at on a first-come first-served basis, so hopefully our admissions tutors will process it very soon. If you don't hear anything in a couple of weeks, feel free to contact us and we can check up on your application.

Thanks,

Lydia
Original post by S. Rafiq

I’ve applied for midwifery in BCU too! I have an interview on November 14th. Did you hear back from them?
Reply 8
Hello :smile:

I am looking into applying for Video Game Digital Art BA(Hons). I have already checked out the main website.
However, I was wondering where I could see more student works? They only have 4 images available.

Many thanks.
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hello

If you're thinking of applying to BCU for 2019 then this is the thread for you!

Let us know what you're thinking, meet other applicants and ask us any questions you might have - we're here to help.

To start things off, why not let us know the following...

What course would you like to apply for?

What are you most looking forward to about uni?

What are you most nervous about?

Are you coming to an Open Day?

Good luck with those applications!!

i have my place for 2019 and ive been trying to register to apply for accomodation but for some reason its not working?

its saying that my details arent on the system, are the applications open yet??
Original post by rosielewisxox
i have my place for 2019 and ive been trying to register to apply for accomodation but for some reason its not working?

its saying that my details arent on the system, are the applications open yet??

Hi rosielewisxox,

That's right, applications aren't open just yet, so it won't recognise your details as it's currently still open for people studying this year. They usually open around March, so keep an eye out!

Thanks,
Lydia
Original post by apokyra
Hello :smile:

I am looking into applying for Video Game Digital Art BA(Hons). I have already checked out the main website.
However, I was wondering where I could see more student works? They only have 4 images available.

Many thanks.

Hi apokyra :smile:

It's great to hear that you're interested in our BA (Hons) Video Game Digital Art course! There are a few videos on the 'course in depth' tab of the course page which show some projects students have worked on, so I'd definitely recommend checking those out.

I'd also suggest coming along to our next Open Day, as it would be a great opportunity for you to chat to staff and students about the kind of work you'd do on the course and see where you could be learning. If you are interested in attending you can book your place on our website.

Thanks,
Kiran
Reply 12
Hi, I'm applying to do Sociology and Criminology in September and am wondering whether or not to expect an interview as I've heard differing answers. Am also a little worried about whether my poor GCSE results will affect my application. I'm currently on an Access course and have the required grade C in English. Thanks!
Original post by jackwc
Hi, I'm applying to do Sociology and Criminology in September and am wondering whether or not to expect an interview as I've heard differing answers. Am also a little worried about whether my poor GCSE results will affect my application. I'm currently on an Access course and have the required grade C in English. Thanks!

Hi jackwc,

It's not typically an interviewing course no. For more details about entry requirments, you can head to the 'Entry requirement' tab on the course page here, in terms of GCSE's you just need a C or above in English, which it sounds like you have! :thumbsup:

Let us know if you have any more questions.
BCU
applied for primary education! just dreading interviews :frown: and skills tests!
Original post by Unforgetting
applied for primary education! just dreading interviews :frown: and skills tests!

Hi Unforgetting,

We're sure you'll do absolutely great in the interview and skills test! If you're worried, you can find tips on the skills test on our website here and even book onto to booster sessions to help prepare.

Let uis know how you get on. Good luck! :crossedf:

Lydia
Original post by emilylgr
I’ve applied for midwifery in BCU too! I have an interview on November 14th. Did you hear back from them?

Hi how did your interview go if you don't mind me asking, I've got an interview coming up on Monday and I'm really bricking it. What kind of questions came up on the maths and English test and how was the group discussion and individual interview what were the questions like. I already for a rejection from wolverhampton for failing the selection test which is why I'm so nervous about this one. I hope that you can help me thanks :smile:
Original post by Aneesawas18
Hi how did your interview go if you don't mind me asking, I've got an interview coming up on Monday and I'm really bricking it. What kind of questions came up on the maths and English test and how was the group discussion and individual interview what were the questions like. I already for a rejection from wolverhampton for failing the selection test which is why I'm so nervous about this one. I hope that you can help me thanks :smile:

I think you’re the same person I spoke to on the midwifery application thread, I’ve got my interview on monday too :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by emilylgr
I think you’re the same person I spoke to on the midwifery application thread, I’ve got my interview on monday too :smile:

Oh god yeah hey Emily so sorry about that I am like super nervous and I'm trying to go through loads of threads to see whether I can find some more info from anyone that has attended a midwifery interview at BCU, so what the test was like basically. Your advice has been great like I have been practising over the questions and trying to go over my maths. I'm sooo scared.

So your coming on Monday too I'll see you there hopefully x
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending