The Student Room Group

leave for uni or stay at home?

i am quite indecsive if i wanna stay home for uni or move out. i mean i want to move out to learn independance in terms of how to cook and not wasting any money. but on the other hand, i dislike change and i get homesick quickly. But then i feel like its only going to be 3 years and it will go by fassst! you see how indecisive i am ! also i live in east london so the furtherst uni i am looking at right now is Bristol,lincoln and edinburgh. and the ones im looking at near me are kings and mary. ( in cae you wanna know, i might do immunolgy or cancer biology with immunolgy)
Reply 1
If the daily commute is too much you may want to consider moving out
Original post by maysaah
i am quite indecsive if i wanna stay home for uni or move out. i mean i want to move out to learn independance in terms of how to cook and not wasting any money. but on the other hand, i dislike change and i get homesick quickly. But then i feel like its only going to be 3 years and it will go by fassst! you see how indecisive i am ! also i live in east london so the furtherst uni i am looking at right now is Bristol,lincoln and edinburgh. and the ones im looking at near me are kings and mary. ( in cae you wanna know, i might do immunolgy or cancer biology with immunolgy)

It really depends what kind of uni life you want. If you want full independence, live with lots of other young people, have nights out and potentially have a short commute time in the morning, live near the library, be nearby to go to clubs and societies e.c.t then moving out is usually the best option. If you want peace and quiet and to just concentrate on your studies then living at home is usually better unless the commute would be over an hour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending