The Student Room Group

GCSE Science Sites

Hi, currently I am doing 9-1 Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The EdExcel course. I have a had a physics test recently and did terrible in the test... That's why I was asking if anyone knew any good sites with exam questions to practice?
It will be appreciated.
Look at CGP books - they have revision books for sciences and other subjects, and workbooks as well with lots of practice questions. They’re really helpful, but you do have to pay for them.

Try looking at the YouTube channel free science lessons - it explains lots of different topics really well for all 3 sciences, and it helped me a lot with topics I struggled on. For practice questions, try downloading some past papers, and do some questions once you’ve watched the videos.

BBC bitesize is also a good website which has quizzes - although most questions are just multiple choice.

Also, try asking your teachers if they have any extra practice questions they can give you. They’ll probably know about much more resources than me, and they’ll know what areas you’re struggling with.
Physics and maths tutor is a good website to use to get past exam questions. Despite the name, they do all of the sciences as well as a few other subjects. You can find sets of questions grouped together by topic. Here's a link: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/gcse-edexcel/
Original post by unknownuser3000
Physics and maths tutor is a good website to use to get past exam questions. Despite the name, they do all of the sciences as well as a few other subjects. You can find sets of questions grouped together by topic. Here's a link: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/physics-revision/gcse-edexcel/

Thanks I did find this site over the summer, do you recommend any other site?
Thanks, do you know any site that gives past paper questions by topic because I would have to pick out each and every single question from all the past papers depending on my topic.
Original post by hxnnxh4476
Look at CGP books - they have revision books for sciences and other subjects, and workbooks as well with lots of practice questions. They’re really helpful, but you do have to pay for them.

Try looking at the YouTube channel free science lessons - it explains lots of different topics really well for all 3 sciences, and it helped me a lot with topics I struggled on. For practice questions, try downloading some past papers, and do some questions once you’ve watched the videos.

BBC bitesize is also a good website which has quizzes - although most questions are just multiple choice.

Also, try asking your teachers if they have any extra practice questions they can give you. They’ll probably know about much more resources than me, and they’ll know what areas you’re struggling with.
Original post by richmanswagoh
Thanks I did find this site over the summer, do you recommend any other site?

There's Revision World at https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision which seems to have some stuff. I've not used it a lot but there seems to be a few quizzes and also some notes on a few topics.

Quick Reply

Latest