The Student Room Group

Lack of respect

Quite frankly, my (friends) give me a lack of respect and care. All throughout my life I've been the funny kid. My problem is that my friends give me a total lack of respect and I don't know what I can do about it. Whenever my friends go out on a weekend I'm never invited. Whenever they talk about social media and gossip I'm never involved. The only time I ever see my friends show any care about me is when they are alone and don't want to be. For example one mate of mine waits for me after school some days so we can walk home, however he completely ditches me and walks with somebody else whenever he feels like it. He doesn't give me a second thought and its like I'm just thrown to one side. This situation happens regularly in different scenarios. It's like I'm the funny kid but that's all I'll ever be. What's my problem? Do I need to be more serious? Do I need to be more unavailable? It's like the people I'm friends with aren't really my friends.
(edited 5 years ago)
Have your friends always been like this?

It might be a good idea to make friends outside of your social circle. If your friends don't want to hang out with you, find good friends who do.

Original post by tripledoubleudot
Quite frankly, my (friends) give me a lack of respect and care. All throughout my life I've been the funny kid. I know how to make people laugh and when to make the right jokes. My problem is that my friends give me a total lack of respect and I don't know what I can do about it. Whenever my friends go out on a weekend I'm never invited. Whenever they talk about social media and gossip I'm never involved. The only time I ever see my friends show any care about me is when they are alone and don't want to be. For example one mate of mine waits for me after school some days so we can walk home, however he completely ditches me and walks with a girl he quite obviously fancies whenever he feels like it. He doesn't give me a second thought and its like I'm just thrown to one side. The worst part is that they both constantly chat **** about each other when they're not around. This situation happens regularly in different scenarios. It's like I'm the funny kid but that's all I'll ever be. What's my problem? Am I too funny? Do I need to be more serious? Do I need to be more unavailable? It's like the people I'm friends with aren't really my friends, been feeling like they're all just a bunch of 2 faced *****
Quite frankly, my (friends) give me a lack of respect and care. All throughout my life I've been the funny kid. I know how to make people laugh and when to make the right jokes. My problem is that my friends give me a total lack of respect and I don't know what I can do about it. Whenever my friends go out on a weekend I'm never invited. Whenever they talk about social media and gossip I'm never involved. The only time I ever see my friends show any care about me is when they are alone and don't want to be. For example one mate of mine waits for me after school some days so we can walk home, however he completely ditches me and walks with a girl he quite obviously fancies whenever he feels like it. He doesn't give me a second thought and its like I'm just thrown to one side. The worst part is that they both constantly chat **** about each other when they're not around. This situation happens regularly in different scenarios. It's like I'm the funny kid but that's all I'll ever be. What's my problem? Am I too funny? Do I need to be more serious? Do I need to be more unavailable? It's like the people I'm friends with aren't really my friends, been feeling like they're all just a bunch of 2 faced *****

Then they’re not really your friends if you think about it. They’re just people you talk to here and there. You can try joining another group of friends and see how that goes

It's not easy making new friends but it's a goid idea to try to do that. Look out for anybody you see who is always on their own then just go and talk to them.
But you should tell your friends exactly the things they do that bother you as they can't do anything about it if they don't know it's a problem and you won't know they care if you don't tell them. Tell them seperately from each other then if they carry on doing the same thing then tell them all together in a group.
If it carries on afyer you've told them then you'll know they don't really care about your feelings and their not real friends but at the moment their not aware they are doing anything wrong because you have not told them there's a problem.
Reply 4
Yep, they are not friends, friends don't treat you like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending