The Student Room Group

The Year 11 road to...

Hi guys,
I'm sheikh2002 and I am currently in year 11 and will take my GCSE'S in May/June.
The subjects i have chosen for my GCSE'S and my Targets are:
History-7
French-7
Food-Tech-7
Triple Science-7
And The compulsory Maths ∧ English. -7
I aspire to achieve a grade higher than these but getting a 7 is quite challenging too.
I am open to recieve/give any advice with any topic (whether it's academic or not.)
So please join me on my year 11 road and let's see where it goes.
Good luck everybody entering the GYG 2018/2019 and to every student taking any exams. Hopefully we'll get through it and be successful.

So it's nearly been a month since I've transitioned into year 11 and boy is it stressful. It's not easy being ambushed with homework from every subject so this is where time management comes in. I quite like to use the Get Revising timetable because it includes everything i plan to do that week whether it's academic or not. AAAH!:eek: I have mock exams in November and I'm dreading it. Those grades will go to my college and i can't afford to fail them or my actual GCSE's!
Anywhooo! I have eaten my stress away through pizza (in moderation of course) and writing this blog is helping me relax too!

If you're in year 11 or have just went through your GCSE's please help or if you're going into uni please help me with a revision strategy/how to retain info. Thanksss :smile:

So we had a maths Exam today and I can honestly say that I've failed it because i didn't get to finish of the question that was worth 5 marks! These results were important as it would go to our colleges and i had one shot even though my mocks are in November.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thats so good best of luck!
Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Zovpiv
Thats so good best of luck!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
hi! how's year 11 going so far?
Original post by laurawatt
hi! how's year 11 going so far?

Year 11 has started as a bumpy road. Homework being towered on me like every other gcse student I guess. Mocks are coming up in November and I’m terrified as I can get exam nerves sometimes. In maths we will have 3 papers and they will include topics that we haven’t even covered😱. But on the bright side at least half term is coming up in 2 weeks Woohooo! Meanwhile I’m sat here revising😪.
54798AA0-464F-4664-B269-6685E7632FEE.jpeg
Original post by Sheikh2002
Year 11 has started as a bumpy road. Homework being towered on me like every other gcse student I guess. Mocks are coming up in November and I’m terrified as I can get exam nerves sometimes. In maths we will have 3 papers and they will include topics that we haven’t even covered😱. But on the bright side at least half term is coming up in 2 weeks Woohooo! Meanwhile I’m sat here revising😪.
54798AA0-464F-4664-B269-6685E7632FEE.jpeg

I am in the exact same position as you , as in I too have mocks starting from mid November.

:yep: we have some assessments this week, parents evening next week and mocks starting mid-november :smile:
Original post by OptimisticMedic
I am in the exact same position as you , as in I too have mocks starting from mid November.

we'll get through it together :crossedf: :hugs:
I am in the exact same position as you , as in I too have mocks
starting from mid November.

FINALLY! Someone who can relate! Mine are starting from 5th November.
What subjects are you taking,what’s your exam board and what are your predicted grades if you don’t mind me asking ?😅
Hi! I've just finished my GCSE's.

I'd love to know how you find food tech throughout the year. have you started NEA 1?

If you need any advice on any of your subjects (besides history), feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by Fazzy_77
Hi! I've just finished my GCSE's.

I'd love to know how you find food tech throughout the year. have you started NEA 1?

If you need any advice on any of your subjects (besides history), feel free to ask.

Heyy! Food tech is ok . I feel like it can get a bit overwhelming because of the lack of resources and help because of the new syllabus. We have started NEA1 and the question Is about the functional and chemical properties of short crust pastry. We have 3 weeks to submit it now. I’d love it if you could help me with all the subjects with revision strategies whenever you can.
What did you get in your GCSE’s? :smile:
i have mocks too. im stressing so much i cant believe its coming so soon !! good luck tho :wink:
Original post by huda122
i have mocks too. im stressing so much i cant believe its coming so soon !! good luck tho :wink:

Awe Thank you! Good luck to you too. Hopefully we’ll all do well. What subjects are you taking?🙂
Mocks are very stressful, but once they're done they're done.
Original post by emilynxlan
Mocks are very stressful, but once they're done they're done.

That’s true and that’s the reality of our GCSES! No matter how much we stress ourselves. When it’s done it’s done 😌
Heyy! Food tech is ok . I feel like it can get a bit overwhelming because of the lack of resources and help because of the new syllabus. We have started NEA1 and the question Is about the functional and chemical properties of short crust pastry. We have 3 weeks to submit it now. I’d love it if you could help me with all the subjects with revision strategies whenever you can.
What did you get in your GCSE’s? :smile:

Yeah I understand what you mean by lack of resources since my year was the first to do the new syllabus but don't be afraid to ask for help.
I'd love to help you out - just ask anytime :smile:

I got 5 9's and 5 8's.
FINALLY! Someone who can relate! Mine are starting from 5th November.
What subjects are you taking,what’s your exam board and what are your predicted grades if you don’t mind me asking ?😅

That’s true and that’s the reality of our GCSES! No matter how much we stress ourselves. When it’s done it’s done 😌

EDEXCEL_Mathematics - 8
AQA _Biology - 8
AQA_Physics - 8
AQA_Chemistry - 8
AQA_English Literature -8
AQA_English Language - 8
OCR_Computer Science - 8
OCR_B_History - 8
OCR_Classical _Civilisation - 8
AQA_A_Religious_Education -8

These are my target grades I do not think our school gives predicted grades and If they do they will probably give it to us after this mock.
EDEXCEL_Mathematics - 8
AQA _Biology - 8
AQA_Physics - 8
AQA_Chemistry - 8
AQA_English Literature -8
AQA_English Language - 8
OCR_Computer Science - 8
OCR_B_History - 8
OCR_Classical _Civilisation - 8
AQA_A_Religious_Education -8

These are my target grades I do not think our school gives predicted grades and If they do they will probably give it to us after this mock.

Woah! That’s awesome. I’m sure you will achieve them. Are u doing triple science?🤔
Woah! That’s awesome. I’m sure you will achieve them. Are u doing triple science?🤔

Yes , I do Triple_Science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending