snapchat dilemma im really scared

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so I didn't realise that when I posted stories ppl could just save them without screenshotting by just saving my stories into the chat, so they don't get removed after 24hrs and I really don't like that its so creepy, when I ask them to unsave it they say no they want to keep it, I ask them to block me but they wont, so I blocked them, but they can still view those previous chats which they only saved my stories, if that makes sense. now that Ive blocked them, t hey can do whatever they want with the photos, that's so creepy man. what can I do
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
After 24 hours the story disappears even if it's saved in the chat. It just says 'this story is not available' on a grey background and your name under it
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing you can do.
Though what you post on your story can't be that bad as you are allowing all your friends to see it.
What you post online ends up staying online forever so keep that in mind next time
ice-cream03
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so I didn't realise that when I posted stories ppl could just save them without screenshotting by just saving my stories into the chat, so they don't get removed after 24hrs and I really don't like that its so creepy, when I ask them to unsave it they say no they want to keep it, I ask them to block me but they wont, so I blocked them, but they can still view those previous chats which they only saved my stories, if that makes sense. now that Ive blocked them, t hey can do whatever they want with the photos, that's so creepy man. what can I do
cant u just like delete the snap of it.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Nothing you can do.
Though what you post on your story can't be that bad as you are allowing all your friends to see it.
What you post online ends up staying online forever so keep that in mind next time
They say that, but it's far from true. Unless it's on a site like this (where the information is stored centrally and the site is large enough to not be under any threat of being closed or the communities disbanded), the life of a piece of information on the Internet is probably about five years - that's about the time I've observed it (over the last 20 years or so) to take for something to go from a forum post to an orphaned archive of a page to a vague memory on the part of a poster.

Things like phone apps are even less long-lived, especially ones like WhatsApp, where all the data is stored on the users' devices, and has to be manually copied from one device to another, or else users will lose their records every time they get a new device.

So OP probably doesn't have anything to worry about. Even pictures people save end up forgotten about, mostly - or else, if their nudes, kept for... future inspiration.

A much more valid thing to say here would be "don't post anything you wouldn't want your mother (or, say, a priest) to know about".
Anonymous #1
(Original post by That'sGreat)
After 24 hours the story disappears even if it's saved in the chat. It just says 'this story is not available' on a grey background and your name under it
really?? im sure they can see it otherwise why would they still save only the pics in the chats, i can see them
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ice-cream03)
cant u just like delete the snap of it.
no theyre the ones who can delete it from the chat since they saved them, and those snaps were froms weeks ago and theyre still on the chat
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
They say that, but it's far from true. Unless it's on a site like this (where the information is stored centrally and the site is large enough to not be under any threat of being closed or the communities disbanded), the life of a piece of information on the Internet is probably about five years - that's about the time I've observed it (over the last 20 years or so) to take for something to go from a forum post to an orphaned archive of a page to a vague memory on the part of a poster.

Things like phone apps are even less long-lived, especially ones like WhatsApp, where all the data is stored on the users' devices, and has to be manually copied from one device to another, or else users will lose their records every time they get a new device.

So OP probably doesn't have anything to worry about. Even pictures people save end up forgotten about, mostly - or else, if their nudes, kept for... future inspiration.

A much more valid thing to say here would be "don't post anything you wouldn't want your mother (or, say, a priest) to know about".
Well if someone saves it to their phone and then their photos. Often it ends up on somewhere such as a computer or photo storage system....
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
p-e-a-k
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
p-e-a-k
does this not happen to anyone else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (19)
30.65%
No (43)
69.35%

Watched Threads