The Student Room Group

COPA help

I’m an international student who is self-studying A-levels at home, but I haven’t studied GCSE/IGCSEs, I’m wondering do I need to submit a transcript?
Because it says on the website that'Please do NOT submit a transcript if you’ve taken modular A/AS Levels or CIE A Levels, where you’re provided with Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM), which should mean that I do not need to.
However, on the same page it also says that'You’ll be required to submit a High School Transcript as part of your application to Cambridge, unless you’ve taken IGCSEs/GCSEs and modular A/AS Levels or CIE A Levels where you are provided with Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM).'
I’m really confused can anyone help? Thanks so much
Original post by sherryeww
I’m an international student who is self-studying A-levels at home, but I haven’t studied GCSE/IGCSEs, I’m wondering do I need to submit a transcript?
Because it says on the website that'Please do NOT submit a transcript if you’ve taken modular A/AS Levels or CIE A Levels, where you’re provided with Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM), which should mean that I do not need to.
However, on the same page it also says that'You’ll be required to submit a High School Transcript as part of your application to Cambridge, unless you’ve taken IGCSEs/GCSEs and modular A/AS Levels or CIE A Levels where you are provided with Percentage Uniform Mark (PUM).'

That does seem slightly inconsistent advice. The fact that the second one specifies both suggests that, since you haven't done GCSEs, there's a significant possibility that you might need a transcript.

My advice would be to email the undergraduate admissions secretary (NB preferably not the admissions tutor) of the college you're applying to and ask; they are the best placed to give you advice. If you haven't already had contact from them, you'll be able to find the contact details on the college's website. Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 2

You need to submit a transcript because you haven't studied GCSE/IGCSEs. But as per @SosbanFach, just check with your college to be sure. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SosbanFach
That does seem slightly inconsistent advice. The fact that the second one specifies both suggests that, since you haven't done GCSEs, there's a significant possibility that you might need a transcript.

My advice would be to email the undergraduate admissions secretary (NB preferably not the admissions tutor) of the college you're applying to and ask; they are the best placed to give you advice. If you haven't already had contact from them, you'll be able to find the contact details on the college's website. Good luck with your application :smile:

Actually I’ve emailed them and they told me to submit a transcript that covers my time at upper secondary school and university, which confused me because I’ve said for Three times that I haven’t started university yet.
Reply 4
Actually I’ve emailed them and they told me to submit a transcript that covers my time at upper secondary school and university, which confused me because I’ve said for Three times that I haven’t started university yet.

That's a standard reply... give them a call. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Doonesbury
That's a standard reply... give them a call. :smile:

Really? Because I’ve told them my situation in details(self-teaching, has dropped out of school, no GCSEs). I think they should be aware of this.
(Btw I just asked one of my friend who is studying at Cambridge now and she told me that she didn’t submit the transcript(she had the same situation as me)
Reply 6
Really? Because I’ve told them my situation in details(self-teaching, has dropped out of school, no GCSEs). I think they should be aware of this.
(Btw I just asked one of my friend who is studying at Cambridge now and she told me that she didn’t submit the transcript(she had the same situation as me)

As I said, you don't have GCSEs so they need to know what you do have, hence the request for a transcript.

Do you have any GCSE equivalent qualifications?
Reply 7
As I said, you don't have GCSEs so they need to know what you do have, hence the request for a transcript.

Do you have any GCSE equivalent qualifications?

Nope, but the one I asked also didn’t have GCSEs/IGCSEs and she didn’t submit a transcript.
Reply 8
Nope, but the one I asked also didn’t have GCSEs/IGCSEs and she didn’t submit a transcript.

Either call them to discuss it, or provide the requested transcript. If you don't have GCSE equivalents at all (including your home country's qualifications?) there won't be anything to put on a transcript...

it only has exams actually taken on it. have you looked at the samples

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/transcripts
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Either call them to discuss it, or provide the requested transcript. If you don't have GCSE equivalents at all (including your home country's qualifications?) there won't be anything to put on a transcript...

it only has exams actually taken on it. have you looked at the samples

So it should cover my two year time of study? Or just one year at my senior high school?
Reply 10
So it should cover my two year time of study? Or just one year at my senior high school?

it says 2 years..

"For most students, the transcript will be an official document or certificate from your school/college which lists the subjects you’ve studied and the grades/qualifications that you’ve achieved in the last/most recent two years of schooling. Please provide as much information on your examination performance as possible, including details of any internal assessments that you may have undertaken."
Reply 11
it says 2 years..

"For most students, the transcript will be an official document or certificate from your school/college which lists the subjects you’ve studied and the grades/qualifications that you’ve achieved in the last/most recent two years of schooling. Please provide as much information on your examination performance as possible, including details of any internal assessments that you may have undertaken."

Yes but they also said that I only need to cover my time at upper secondary school which is only one year for me because I left school so I haven’t finished the rest of the 2 years
Reply 12
Yes but they also said that I only need to cover my time at upper secondary school which is only one year for me because I left school so I haven’t finished the rest of the 2 years

If you are happy with what your college has told you then carry on. If you are still unclear speak to (not email) your college (as I originally suggested).
Reply 13
If you are happy with what your college has told you then carry on. If you are still unclear speak to (not email) your college (as I originally suggested).

Thank you they just emailed me saying that only one year needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending