The Student Room Group

NHS Jobs // Supporting Information

Hi all,

Hoping to join the NHS crowd and wondering if anyone works in NHS HR who could give advice on the Supporting Information section.

On the help guide, it says to write out criteria in the job description and then list examples of when you have achieved these (after "Why you want to work here" type paragraph).

I just wanted to check that this is actually acceptable and doesn't come off as lazy/poor writing skills (especially for jobs that require good writing skills!). I already make bullet point lists for the employment history section, based on what the JD requirements are so they can be "ticked off" easily.

Secondly (bonus question) would the advice apply to other non-Trust HR departments (E.g. NHS England/Improvement)?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by holly_hanger
Hi all,

Hoping to join the NHS crowd and wondering if anyone works in NHS HR who could give advice on the Supporting Information section.

On the help guide, it says to write out criteria in the job description and then list examples of when you have achieved these (after "Why you want to work here" type paragraph).

I just wanted to check that this is actually acceptable and doesn't come off as lazy/poor writing skills (especially for jobs that require good writing skills!). I already make bullet point lists for the employment history section, based on what the JD requirements are so they can be "ticked off" easily.

Secondly (bonus question) would the advice apply to other non-Trust HR departments (E.g. NHS England/Improvement)?

Thanks in advance!

all the managers do when shortlisting is score you based on how much your application matches up with the person specification and job description. they then decide who to offer an interview to based on how high you scored. if nothing in your application form is stated on the supporting documents, you wont get an interview. this advice would also apply to other places like NHS England :smile:
Original post by gabriella7198
all the managers do when shortlisting is score you based on how much your application matches up with the person specification and job description. they then decide who to offer an interview to based on how high you scored. if nothing in your application form is stated on the supporting documents, you wont get an interview. this advice would also apply to other places like NHS England :smile:

Thank you so much! I assume that means sub sections and bullet points are OK, but please let me know if otherwise. Greatly appreciated, have a lovely evening!
Yes bullet points are ok too!! So long as you match up with the documents attached to the job you should score well and be offered an interview!! You too :smile:
Original post by gabriella7198
Yes bullet points are ok too!! So long as you match up with the documents attached to the job you should score well and be offered an interview!! You too :smile:

Hey Gabriella, sorry for being paranoid!! I was just wondering how many examples are needed for each bullet point? some JDs have lots of sub headings, so three examples for each makes it goes on for pages!! Would one suffice? Worried they'll feel drowned in my words haha
Original post by holly_hanger
Hey Gabriella, sorry for being paranoid!! I was just wondering how many examples are needed for each bullet point? some JDs have lots of sub headings, so three examples for each makes it goes on for pages!! Would one suffice? Worried they'll feel drowned in my words haha

Yes one would definitely be enough! Managers prefer applications to be straight to the point as they would often have a lot of applications to read through!! Straight to the point with on example would be perfect!
Hi there,
Can anyone help me regarding supporting information section of NHS application form for band 4 pharmacy technician??
I am bit struggling in writing it properly.
Awaiting reply,
Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending