The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GCSES: 4A 4B 1C A-level predictions: AAB UKCAT score: 615 SJT band 2 Do you think I have a chance? What's your stats btw x??
Reply 2
Original post by Sainsburysbasics
GCSES: 4A 4B 1C A-level predictions: AAB UKCAT score: 615 SJT band 2 Do you think I have a chance? What's your stats btw x??

How is your personal statement coming along is it finished?
of course why not! give it ago! but I would get tutors to change predicted to A*AA
as minimum is AAA. at A-level
Original post by zee07
How is your personal statement coming along is it finished?
of course why not! give it ago! but I would get tutors to change predicted to A*AA
as minimum is AAA. at A-level

My PS is finished and in my opinion is very good, similar to the oxford PS. I can't be predicted over AAA, as for Leciester and nottingham they said you need to be predicted lower than AAA, so don't know where you got that from? Also, you never said what your stats are?
Reply 4
Im talking about medicine with foundation year, for individuals with a non-scientific background at A-level
Cardiff,Manchester,Dundee and Keele.
sorry should've been more specific!
My PS is finished and in my opinion is very good, similar to the oxford PS. I can't be predicted over AAA, as for Leciester and nottingham they said you need to be predicted lower than AAA, so don't know where you got that from? Also, you never said what your stats are?
Original post by zee07
Im talking about medicine with foundation year, for individuals with a non-scientific background at A-level

What are your A-level predictions, ukcats score and GCSE results?
Original post by zee07

Hi guys thought I might jump on this thread!

I am currently a A104 premed student at Manchester Uni, I applied because I was a 'non science applicant' - without the required chemistry. Im happy to answer any questions you might have about applying as a non science applicant. There is so little information online so it can feel a little daunting at times. Its not an easy journey applying and it can feel like you are fighting against the tide at times. It will be worth it in the end!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi!! I'm also applying for the non-science background one.

Hoping to apply to UEA, Cardiff, Manchester, Dundee (I think). GCSEs: 1A* 6As, 4/5Bs 1C, UKCAT: 618 SJT band 2, Not sure about all my predictions yet but I have an A* in a language A level already (not sure if that could be part of my offer? probably not right ADVICE PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA) and English Lit predicted A, I also take Maths and Graphic design (predictions will be known this coming week I guess) not sure if I will be predicted high in those :frown: but will try to get B/A.

Happy someone else has a similar UKCAT score to me! And I'm still finishing my ps... wasn't the easiest thing to write but I think I had some good work experience. Tbh at this point I'm worried about my other 2 predictions.. I'm praying I get in somewhere!!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TRAnders

I am currently a A104 premed student at Manchester Uni, I applied because I was a 'non science applicant' - without the required chemistry. Im happy to answer any questions you might have about applying as a non science applicant. There is so little information online so it can feel a little daunting at times. Its not an easy journey applying and it can feel like you are fighting against the tide at times. It will be worth it in the end!

Hi! I'm hoping to apply to Manchester A104 Foundation Year Medicine, because I am doing mostly humanities/arts subjects as well as maths. (I'm saying hoping because I'm not sure of my predictions for 2 of my A levels yet ):

I have quite a few questions (feel free to not answer all of them) How was your UKCAT score and do you know how much Manchester take that into account? Also GCSEs....? I'm guessing your predictions/results were AAA or higher? How are you finding the course so far and the uni?

I'm sure you have a chance!! Especially with a good ps, and then good a good interview, have you put through your UCAS application yet?
Original post by zee07
Hi All, I am in the process of applying to medicine with foundation year course and was wondering who else is applying?
As well as what GCSE grades have you got, A-level grades if known, and UKCAT scores ?
I want this so badly!!!

Hey! I saw in another thread that you already did your A levels, I'm guessing you got AAA or better? What was your UKCAT score and have you already sent off your application?
Reply 11

Hi, thank you so much! this is a true blessing from god
please could you share your experience on the interview considering its non science background how did they question you/ Do you have any idea regarding how they used the personal statement? in the interview and the selection process.
could you share - your experience overall ? all of your detailed information would be very much appreciated.
Reply 12
Original post by ahaha1233
Hey! I saw in another thread that you already did your A levels, I'm guessing you got AAA or better? What was your UKCAT score and have you already sent off your application?

Hi, I got A*A*A, and 600 band 2
I am in hope of sending off by end of this week, you can reach out to me on social media if you want - instagram _zeeshanh_
Original post by ahaha1233
I'm sure you have a chance!! Especially with a good ps, and then good a good interview, have you put through your UCAS application yet?

tuesday nw
I have been predicted AAB and I'm using 3 of my choices for Medicine with a foundation year. I've been wondering, what's stopping an A*AA student from applying to this course to "guarantee" a uni offer. Do they check what your AS grades are and what you're predicted?

Also, along with my AAB predicted, I got 560 UKCAT average with SJT band 2. What are my chances for an offer if I apply to Nottingham's(BBC) and Manchester's(AAA) Medicine with foundation year course. Manchester says they accept humanities/arts subject combinations but will they consider a Maths, chem and bio combination?
Reply 15
Hi I haven’t seen a thread yet for 2019 entry so thought I would make one. I have applied to Leicester, Southampton, Nottingham and UEA. No offers yet, early days. Any tips for interview prep?
Original post by idiris05
I have been predicted AAB and I'm using 3 of my choices for Medicine with a foundation year. I've been wondering, what's stopping an A*AA student from applying to this course to "guarantee" a uni offer. Do they check what your AS grades are and what you're predicted?

Also, along with my AAB predicted, I got 560 UKCAT average with SJT band 2. What are my chances for an offer if I apply to Nottingham's(BBC) and Manchester's(AAA) Medicine with foundation year course. Manchester says they accept humanities/arts subject combinations but will they consider a Maths, chem and bio combination?

Manchester will not accept your alevel combination unfortantly. The course is for applicants with a non science background predicted AAA. Some foundation courses are for applicants that fufill widening participation criteria WITH science alevels but not predicted AAA
Manchester will not accept your alevel combination unfortantly. The course is for applicants with a non science background predicted AAA. Some foundation courses are for applicants that fufill widening participation criteria WITH science alevels but not predicted AAA

So would Nottingham's foundation year course be the best first choice for me? Do you know any other Medicine with foundation year courses that accept my subject combination and UKCAT?
Original post by idiris05
So would Nottingham's foundation year course be the best first choice for me? Do you know any other Medicine with foundation year courses that accept my subject combination and UKCAT?

Do you fufill the widening participation criteria? You would need to check on the website for details but tends to be 1) low performing state funded school 2) low household income

UEA, Nottingham, Dundee, Southampton and many more have foundation courses for those that fufill specific widening participation criteria.

Don't be put off not applying to medical schools with AAB prediction. From memory a few state that they do not use predicted grades in selecting applicants for interview as at the end of the day they are predictions and some schools are a lot more lenient than others. Make sure you do your research each medical school will publish a document detailing how they select applicants for interview.
Original post by J0306
Hi I haven’t seen a thread yet for 2019 entry so thought I would make one. I have applied to Leicester, Southampton, Nottingham and UEA. No offers yet, early days. Any tips for interview prep?

Moved to Medicine

Latest

Trending

Trending