The Student Room Group

An Indecisive A-Level Journey That May End In A’s

Hello! Welcome! Hi! Well I wanted to kind of do a study blog but I don’t like the over-aesthetic and done up studyblrs and studygrams, they don’t call out the right kind of motivation to me. I want a chance to motivate myself to study daily, in my simple style with my messy desk and party flavoured Oreos (if you stick around I’m gonna mention wtf that has to do with anything). So yeah, please come say hi, if you’re another GYG blogger or just someone intrigued to see how people’s journeys go. It’s nice being able to talk to people who are as motivated and lost as I am in this world. So, stick around, I’ll be here on the daily :smile: hopefully. Probably-

Definitely.

Scroll to see replies

A minimalist GYG. At least have a Notification list. And add me to it. 😊😊😊
Reply 2
😁😁 count yourself a part of les journey my friend- and I’ve not used TSR in a while, is that something I have to create 😂 also hi! Do you have a GYG too?
Reply 3
0FA17E8B-E6EA-41A3-9659-E3DAD203EF61.jpg.jpeg

(I hope this works)

My study routine and a lil organisation checklist based on a student I admire from Instagram ☺️ got plenty to tick off and organise yet though!
Reply 4
6756BF46-5F91-4C3E-8525-9A0EEE3EB8F4.jpg.jpeg

About to kickstart my day with some notes from a video out tutor set us. Also, I might make this a bit less minimal when I get to grips with this site. I’m using the app atm though, which is a bit of a problem
Original post by notvincey
6756BF46-5F91-4C3E-8525-9A0EEE3EB8F4.jpg.jpeg

About to kickstart my day with some notes from a video out tutor set us. Also, I might make this a bit less minimal when I get to grips with this site. I’m using the app atm though, which is a bit of a problem

hello, which subjects do you do! x
Reply 6
Original post by chloesky2018
hello, which subjects do you do! x

Heya! I take Geography, Philosophy and Psychology. Very humanities/social science based unlike at least 70% of my friends who have at least 1-2 sciences as part of their A-Levels.

How about you?
Reply 7
A02ED8A7-D3AD-476F-B897-993DBB1E515C.jpg.jpeg
533E19F1-70CB-4A77-AB75-E3EA6A50D5D8.jpg.jpeg
BE2286A1-CEBC-414B-BBCF-5F9B17104183.jpg.jpeg

Evening! First day back at college this week and since I decided to wait for my friend to finish (I finished 1hr 15 before her) I went to the library to get some notes copied up and finish my weekly summary for last week (I was very unmotivated Sunday so I didn’t get round to doing all my subjects)

What Work I’ve Done Today:
Sunday Summary for Psychology
Key Competencies for Geo and Psych
Key Competencies Audit
Finished 3 pages of geo notes post-lesson (not homework, I’ll say H/W if something was)
Finished writing about Pavlov for psych post-lesson

What Else I’ve Accomplished:
Went for 10 min run- 4th one in a row since I’m picking my pace back up, and I’m happy to say I successfully did 20 mins straight after only 2 runs prior to that! So I’ll be able to get back to 5K in no time, fingers crossed!

Still TO DO:
Psychology H/W- Pavlov Dog Salivation Experiment Evaluation.

P.S: Thought I’d throw this pic of my cat in. I swear I didn’t make a blanket fort, this morning I heartened my bed and just threw my blankets in a pile on the edge so she must have burrowed herself a little cat bed. It’s sweet because she’s the more shy of my two cats so I hardly see her and she’s getting used to me now, she was there for a good hour ☺️
Your cat is a big mood.
Reply 9
Oh my days, I'm loving your notes :love: (and your cat! :snoozing:)
Reply 10
Original post by emilynxlan
Your cat is a big mood.

I KNOW RIGHT, like I wish I could do that right now 😂
Reply 11
Original post by nyxnko_
Oh my days, I'm loving your notes :love: (and your cat! :snoozing:)

Thankyouuuuu!!! Not all my notes are that neat, just my summary stuff 😂😂 I’d spend too much time otherwise doing pretty things all over my page. And she’s so adorable!! I have 2, the other one will defdo star on here at some point
Very productive! Looking forward to seeing more of these!! I've also begun A levels, in Chemistry, Law & Economics!
(I WANT THAT CAT!! :h::cute:)
Good Luck :smile:

Which Year are you in and what do you want to study at university?
Reply 14
Original post by MydaMina
Very productive! Looking forward to seeing more of these!! I've also begun A levels, in Chemistry, Law & Economics!
(I WANT THAT CAT!! :h::cute:)

Oooh, that sounds like a really interesting course- do you have any idea of the careers you wanna go into when you’re older? I’m thinking Journalism, Psychology or Teaching myself
Reply 15
Original post by Grade A
Good Luck :smile:

Which Year are you in and what do you want to study at university?

Thanks! I’m in Year 12, so just a month into college but I’m well settled in. At the moment, I have a few potential degrees in mind but all in the humanities/ethics side of things. Either Geography, Psychology or Journalism.
Reply 16
C0E0E9DC-F9BA-4EC4-A0BF-3EAF1A3AD01E.jpg.jpeg

Heya lovelies! Checking in again...

I got my psych done, I was very proud 😂 but now I have all of this and highlighting and questions based on this to do for philosophy (one teacher. ONE LESSON.), so I’m getting out the way now before I put it off. What sort of things do people wanna do when they’re older? And how sure are you? I’m curious because there’s so much potential out there it’s scary. I want to help find new information, or do something kind of academic/people based. Not that I LIKE humanity, of course... 😅😇😂

What Work I’ve Done Today:
very little- but this is my busiest college day (2 lessons that are 2 and a half hours straight, in college 8.40-4) so I tend to make sure I look after myself and don’t push it on a Wednesday.

What Else I’ve (not) Accomplished:
Had a very interesting convo with a year 13 philosophy student, which made me happy considering the sort of things I knew.
Been absolutely verbally destroyed by my philosophy teacher. Over Colosseums. Ouch. (It’s fine I love her really and what else did I expect picking that subject)

Still TO DO:
this philosophy reading + activity
summarise a page of notes about a support study for psychology
finish a psychology mindmap sheet about Agentic Theory

Oh btw I’ll post my other cat next weekend or soon but I don’t wanna spam you all with cats 😂 honestly I have all sorts of weird photos and videos of the blessed things.
Original post by notvincey
Thankyouuuuu!!! Not all my notes are that neat, just my summary stuff 😂😂 I’d spend too much time otherwise doing pretty things all over my page. And she’s so adorable!! I have 2, the other one will defdo star on here at some point

Erm.. are you sure? :hmmm: They all look very very good :yes: (but yeah, relate with the pretty stuff all over your page)
OMG! Post pics please!!
Reply 18
52B8DF94-48F8-478A-9F19-C5016CDB1DB4.jpg.jpeg

Quick note during the day:

IM SO PROUD OF THIS JUST BECAUSE OF THE CUTE LITTLE EARTHS AND SUNS
that's adorable :love:

Quick Reply

Latest