saffaasif12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How do you revise for GCSE mocks and when should you start revising ?

thanks
Reecet16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on what year you are coming in of year 10 then start revising from the start for the first GCESE at the end of y10 (this is gong to change though and you will have 2 English GCESE in Y11) in year 11 wait until the three weeks in and then start revising but only do something like 30 minutes a day and then build up by Christmas you should be doing 5 hours of revision in reality. Make your revision as best as you can so when it comes to the end of year 11 you can study hard. (Reece Y11 student)
saffaasif12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reecet16)
Depends on what year you are coming in of year 10 then start revising from the start for the first GCESE at the end of y10 (this is gong to change though and you will have 2 English GCESE in Y11) in year 11 wait until the three weeks in and then start revising but only do something like 30 minutes a day and then build up by Christmas you should be doing 5 hours of revision in reality. Make your revision as best as you can so when it comes to the end of year 11 you can study hard. (Reece Y11 student)
Oh i completely forgot to say, I'm in year 11 so I should do 30 minutes a day? Our mocks are in November, when are yours?
EstelleA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same with me! Good luck!
Reecet16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would just build it up slightly as you go though. But as your mocks are in November you have to release you only have less than a month to go so you really need to be revising. I revise in school for around 30 min in my spare time and then after school I normally do around 3hours a night meaning I get 21hours a week on revision. On Sundays you can give yourself a day off maybe but I would suggest doing 1-2 hours of revision every night if you have mocks in November. I have my mocks at different times I have a French mock Tomorrow (don’t like fresh but have to do it only language I could choose) and then a Maths mock next Monday. A controlled assessment in December a Computing exam at the end of October and a lot more so very hectic at the moment. Studying 3-4 hours a night me but some days may only do 30min but then make up for that the next day. What are u doing now time wise??
saffaasif12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reecet16)
I would just build it up slightly as you go though. But as your mocks are in November you have to release you only have less than a month to go so you really need to be revising. I revise in school for around 30 min in my spare time and then after school I normally do around 3hours a night meaning I get 21hours a week on revision. On Sundays you can give yourself a day off maybe but I would suggest doing 1-2 hours of revision every night if you have mocks in November. I have my mocks at different times I have a French mock Tomorrow (don’t like fresh but have to do it only language I could choose) and then a Maths mock next Monday. A controlled assessment in December a Computing exam at the end of October and a lot more so very hectic at the moment. Studying 3-4 hours a night me but some days may only do 30min but then make up for that the next day. What are u doing now time wise??
To tell you the truth, nothing. And, that's bad but I literally do NOT know how to revise so it's really frustrating
Reecet16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You have to think so what do I want to revise what subject??? Then what do I prefer to revise on e.g Revision cards, mind maps ( I use mind maps and then Laminate them so they don’t get messed up). Then you think how am I going to revise maybe out of a work book or maybe out of a text book or maybe online YOUTUBE (my friend go one mark of a eight by watching Mr Bruff for English). Then find some stationary that looks nice and is fantastic to you. Find a place maybe you bedroom desk or kitchen table or coffee table and make shire you revise there as it helps the brain focus. But I have an exam Today p3 and I don’t like french but I have to do it and I have to study for it because I need a reasonable grade. If you need anything else pls don’t hesitate to answer me back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads