The Student Room Group

Is this kid adopted?

A woman meets a man and they fall in love. Woman has a baby with the man, then they get married. In the middle of the marriage, the woman cheats on her husband and gets pregnant by another dude. Dude because he isnt man enough to raise child. So he hits and runs and is never found again..but luckily, the woman's husband claims that baby legally as his and even signs the birth certificate. 10 years later, the mother dies and that child lives with her husband and his new wife. Is that child adopted?
Legally no, unless they found out he is not the actual father to which then he would most likely be put in the adoption agency, if he is under 18. Unless they find some other way to place the kid in a safe environment, like a relative's house. (I'm guessing this is a riddle or something. If it's an acutal scenario then don't use this answer please)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Urbex
Legally no, unless they found out he is not the actual father to which then he would most likely be put in the adoption agency, if he is under 18. Unless they find some other way to place the kid in a safe environment, like a relative's house. (I'm guessing this is a riddle or something. If it's an acutal scenario then don't use this answer please)

So if they find out he isn't biologically the father, then what?
Original post by Venomeye982
So if they find out he isn't biologically the father, then what?

I already answered it
Original post by Venomeye982
A woman meets a man and they fall in love. Woman has a baby with the man, then they get married. In the middle of the marriage, the woman cheats on her husband and gets pregnant by another dude. Dude because he isnt man enough to raise child. So he hits and runs and is never found again..but luckily, the woman's husband claims that baby legally as his and even signs the birth certificate. 10 years later, the mother dies and that child lives with her husband and his new wife. Is that child adopted?

Not legally adopted. Forms have to be signed etc for it to be a legal adoption. The child would be more "adopted through marriage". It's basically a stepdad-stepchild relationship, but obviously both people think they're actually related.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending