The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find it ironic that her dad talks about how people shouldn’t be discriminated against because of their religion or race and yet he supports a group that does exactly that.
It's interesting that no alternative account is offered by the college. I wouldn't be surprised if it differed from her perspective as one of the defining features of those on the modern hard right is to play the victim.

It's also depressing that people consider violent criminals like Tommy Robinson to be legends. But we should not be surprised. Some people admired the Krays.
Original post by Sulfolobus
It's interesting that no alternative account is offered by the college. I wouldn't be surprised if it differed from her perspective as one of the defining features of those on the modern hard right is to play the victim.

Are you saying she’s a liar? Sounds like someone is victim blaming.

It's also depressing that people consider violent criminals like Tommy Robinson to be legends. But we should not be surprised. Some people admired the Krays.

So no one with a violent past can be thought of positively?

Are you calling her a liar? Sounds like someone is victim blaming.

So violence is bar from being thought of positively? The most egregious part of the article is her calling Tommy Robinson a ‘saviour’
Original post by Constantine2018
I find it ironic that her dad talks about how people shouldn’t be discriminated against because of their religion or race and yet he supports a group that does exactly that.

Where was the part where support for a group was expressed? I must have missed that.
Original post by Underscore__

So violence is bar from being thought of positively? The most egregious part of the article is her calling Tommy Robinson a ‘saviour’

Where was the part where support for a group was expressed? I must have missed that.

And here come the Tommy Robinson fan boys.

Really good debate tactic; someone questions my thinking, I’ll call them a fanboy.
Reply 6
Well, its a bit hard to be too left-wing tbh.

I think both extremes are very dangerous. If you can't see that the left also excel at playing the victim, then you're not remotely impartial. If you're not impartial, then you're part of the problem and that's kind of extremist in itself.
Good
Lmao, sounds like the left can't stand it when others win at at their own game.

Isn't post 16 education mandatory now? She should sue.
Nobody should be denied an education because Of their views.

Kicking her out for supporting Mr Robinson. That will make her less extreme....
I wonder if the issue might have been in how forthright she was in expressing her views...
You can look at it like this - people with far-right views are dangerous, and should be kept away from children.

Thus far-right people should be kept away from schools to prevent them being a danger to children.

He's a real martyr now, isn't he?
Original post by Andrew97
Kicking her out for supporting Mr Robinson. That will make her less extreme....

This was going to be my point as well, if anything it's just going to entrench her views. Of course the left thinks this is great because they love using bully tactics and silencing people. If your ideas are better, then counter hers with yours and let them win. I think large groups of the left just enjoy bullying people while using good causes as smokescreens for it. It's pathetic.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
You can look at it like this - people with far-right views are dangerous, and should be kept away from children.

Thus far-right people should be kept away from schools to prevent them being a danger to children.

Who decides what is far right?

A while back on question time - someone described May's goverment as 'far-right'
The nazi party and white supremicists get described as 'far-right'
There have been numerous articles describing popular libertarians as 'far-right'
etc. etc.

I agree with you - by my definition of 'far-right' - I don't think they should be allowed in education. But the problem comes when anyone to the left of bernie sanders or corbyn gets described as 'far-right'... what starts as a decent precaution, becomes political censurship. And actually becomes quite facist - just what they are trying to combat.
She must be lacking in education as it is since she supports Tommy Robinson.
Original post by Underscore__

Making the same point twice doesn't add weight to your argument :wink:

The idea of a democracy is that people should be allowed to have all sorts of political views. By kicking someone out because of their political views shows that they themselves are right wing by not allowing freedom of expression

Latest

Trending

Trending