The Student Room Group

A Level Predicted Grades

How much do gcse grades contribute towards your predicted grades for A Levels? In English Language at gcse i got a 6 and am worried that this will bring my predicted grade for A Level down by a lot even if i do really well in my year 12 mocks... Help!
I think universities only care about Maths and English grades that you score in IGCSE
Hi,
I believe that they will be almost entirely based on your year 12 mocks as that is the closest representation of how you will perform in your A-level exams, if you got an A in a mock exam it wouldn't make sense for them to lower it based on grades that are less relevant. At my school, the year 12 mocks were the main way our predicted grades were determined but soo you stop worrying about it, I suggest you ask someone at your school to confirm. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Jasmine528
Hi,
I believe that they will be almost entirely based on your year 12 mocks as that is the closest representation of how you will perform in your A-level exams, if you got an A in a mock exam it wouldn't make sense for them to lower it based on grades that are less relevant. At my school, the year 12 mocks were the main way our predicted grades were determined but soo you stop worrying about it, I suggest you ask someone at your school to confirm. :smile:

Thank you! that’s made me feel a lot better:smile:
Yeah as said before, from my recent experience, my predicted grades were heavily weighted on the Year 12 mocks, with partial influence from the rest of the academic year (so slightly influenced by term tests and achievements in that - although I would say 90% would be the Y12 Mocks. My predicted were also somewhat affected by how the teacher thinks about your work ethic and possibility of doing well in the subjects, because one of my teachers had raised me up one grade despite not asking for it and despite me doing really bad on that mock at the end of the year).
I agree, my predicted grades were based on my year 12 mocks too. Tbh gcses arent even that big of a deal, as long as you get excellent A levels, universities wont even care that much about them.

Quick Reply

Latest