The Student Room Group

Compliance Caseworker EO/HO

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have my interview next week at Euston Tower for a compliance officer post in Croydon. Anyone have any tips? Im most nervous about them asking about the competencies from a different angle than what im ready for with my examples.
Original post by Has24
I have my interview next week at Euston Tower for a compliance officer post in Croydon. Anyone have any tips? Im most nervous about them asking about the competencies from a different angle than what im ready for with my examples.

Hey I would say know your competencies like the back of your hand, and if the question doesn’t match your competencies don’t worry just do the competency how you learnt it!! The interviewers told me that and one of the questions did not match my competency but I knew it was about making effective decisions so just told them it how I’d learned it and still got a 7 so shows they actually just mark you on your competency not the questions! Good luck!!
Reply 62
Ok thanks! How long did your interview last my competencies are like 4 5 mins each at most. But they tick all of the behaviours as well as a lot from the grade above
Mine were about 5/6 mins for each, one was a bit longer but as long as you hit the points that’s all that matters! I was in there about 30 mins but they asked me about myself at the beginning and I asked them questions at the end too
Original post by Hollyconc
Thank you! Also can I ask was your offer for Newcastle too? On the offer email what does it say your work pattern is? I was under the impression it was 5 out of 7 but on my offer mine says Monday - Friday between 7 am and 8pm!

I got offered the EO position last Friday, and it's says the working pattern is Monday-Friday on mine too :smile: I hope that's right because I work Monday to Friday now and would be gutted if I have to work weekends!
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I got offered the EO position last Friday, and it's says the working pattern is Monday-Friday on mine too :smile: I hope that's right because I work Monday to Friday now and would be gutted if I have to work weekends!

Ah fab finally someone who’s been offered the same shifts!! Haha what scores did you get if you don’t mind me asking?? Also congrats and we could be working together!! Are you external?
Ah fab finally someone who’s been offered the same shifts!! Haha what scores did you get if you don’t mind me asking?? Also congrats and we could be working together!! Are you external?

Yeah we could be!

I'm internal, currently an AO doing Tax Credits compliance work. I know loads of people in my department that have had interviews and not heard anything back yet.

I got 666 in the interview, 99% on the SJT, 96% of the verbal reasoning, and 92% on the maths test.

I wonder when we'll hear about a start date :smile:
Ah fab! Well hopefully that means we will be on Monday to Friday then! Yes me too I’m the only one on my floor plate who has heard back, I’m currently on 5 over 7 so I’ll be so happy with Monday - friday! So do you know what the difference is between the operational delivery or tax professional roles are? And have you been offered operational delivery too?
Ah fab! Well hopefully that means we will be on Monday to Friday then! Yes me too I’m the only one on my floor plate who has heard back, I’m currently on 5 over 7 so I’ll be so happy with Monday - friday! So do you know what the difference is between the operational delivery or tax professional roles are? And have you been offered operational delivery too?

My provisional offer says '065R Tax Professional Caseworker.' I don't really know the difference between to two though, to be honest.

In the candidate pack it says most of the roles will be in Individuals and Small Business Compliance (ISBC).
Doesn’t make it clear what the difference is! Well hopefully we will get start dates soon,
I hope the training isn’t too long cause it says some training is up to 12 weeks and I have a holiday booked in January so hope it won’t be a problem!
Reply 70
Anyone been interviewed at euston tower for croydon for an EO Compliance caseworker role?
I interviewed on the 5th September in Cardiff for EO and finally my portal updated today. Reserve list so am gutted but glad the wait is over. No email yet though
Doesn’t make it clear what the difference is! Well hopefully we will get start dates soon,
I hope the training isn’t too long cause it says some training is up to 12 weeks and I have a holiday booked in January so hope it won’t be a problem!

Just got my start date, 12th November. Mine is definitely Monday-Friday, and the Tax Professional role. Hopefully you'll get yours soon if you haven't already! :smile:
Just got my start date, 12th November. Mine is definitely Monday-Friday, and the Tax Professional role. Hopefully you'll get yours soon if you haven't already! :smile:

Oh good how exciting!! How did you find out did they call you or email? And did they say how long the training was?also what department did they say at all
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 74

Thats amazing! Can I ask are you internal or external?
Oh good how exciting!! How did you find out did they call you or email? And did they say how long the training was?also what department did they say at all

Yeah :biggrin: by email, didn't mention training (other than you have to do extra learning for the Tax Professional role) or the specific department.

Original post by Crim101
Thats amazing! Can I ask are you internal or external?

Thanks! Internal :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by mariomario
I interviewed on the 5th September in Cardiff for EO and finally my portal updated today. Reserve list so am gutted but glad the wait is over. No email yet though

Hey just got mine today too for London and on reserve list. What scores did you get
Reply 77
Hi , just received an email with a provisional offer for (065R Tax Professional Caseworker - Officer) based at Leeds, had my interview on the 21st of Sept, I got 7 , 7 and 6 😋. I'm going to hopefully complete and email all the forms today, finally some result eh 😁
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ehty
Hi , just received an email with a provisional offer for (065R Tax Professional Caseworker - Officer) based at Leeds, had my interview on the 21st of Sept, I got 7 , 7 and 6 😋. I'm going to hopefully complete and email all the forms today, finally some result eh 😁

Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Ehty

Amazing!! Well done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending