The Student Room Group

Think Ahead Application 2019 - Is anyone apply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Frankie3456
Has anyone heard back? sent mine off a week ago

I sent mine off last Wednesday but nothing yet either. Looking at forums regarding previous years, it seems that they take the full three weeks to reply.

Excruciating waiting isn't it?

Have you also applied for Frontline?
Reply 21
Hi, I have just sent off my application for the think ahead programme. I was the same with my video entries, it feels so unnatural recording yourself rather than talking to the actual person. My email said that it would take up to three weeks to hear back from the programme. I really hope I get through as this is my dream job and the programme looks so amazing!! Has everyone else sent of their applications then?
Original post by Frankie3456
Has anyone heard back? sent mine off a week ago

I’ve applied, I haven’t heard anything to.
According to all the info I have found they get thier most applicatnts in the first few weeks of opening, probably because they state you have more chance of getting a place if you apply early. So im expecting it to take the full 3 weeks. Apparently TA are brutal and cut the majority of people after application while frontline cut the majourity of people after the assessment centre so Im not holding my breath if im honest
finally submitted my application after recording the videos approximately 1563673526 times
Anyone else received an email offering tuition on the application?? I’ve been part way through mine for a little while now and today received an email offering help via Skype/phone-call. Seems a strange thing for a company to offer but I guess I should take any help I can get hahah.
I got a phonecall checking if i needed any help when i had left mine half way through for a few days, but not offering tuition. I would maybe call ThinkAhead and check what they say tuition sounds a bit odd to be honest
Original post by ksildatke1
I got a phonecall checking if i needed any help when i had left mine half way through for a few days, but not offering tuition. I would maybe call ThinkAhead and check what they say tuition sounds a bit odd to be honest

She said that she was a masters student and TA recruitment ambassador. She emailed from her student email address through rather than a TA one so it seems very dodgy to me. Apparently help to make my application “stand out from the crowd” which I don’t think TA would offer.
Hi guys, I've just started drafting my application. My submission will be a little later than I would have liked, I know a lot of grad schemes are first come first served. Good luck to you all xx
Hi everyone,

I just applied on Saturday! So I guess I will hear back by the end of the month. Don't stress- 1 job for every 23 applicants isn't too bad. Civil Service Fast Stream is only 1 job for every 32!

Let us know if any of you do hear back- good luck :smile:
Original post by gproudfoot98
She said that she was a masters student and TA recruitment ambassador. She emailed from her student email address through rather than a TA one so it seems very dodgy to me. Apparently help to make my application “stand out from the crowd” which I don’t think TA would offer.

Hi all, Think Ahead have a team of recruitment ambassadors who are current university students that promote the programme on their university campus. They help provide support to final year students with their application and run events on campus.
Reply 31
Has anyone heard anything yet? :smile:
Nope nothing :frown: But no news is good news! Hopefully! :rolleyes:
I found out on monday that I had passed the application stage which was two weeks after submitting my application.
I did the situational judgement test that day (which i struggled with to be honest) and got an email saying i would find out in 3 weeks.
Original post by hlw16
Has anyone heard anything yet? :smile:

Have not heard back... but Monday will only be two weeks since I applied... my uploaded videos have been looked at so hopefully will hear back soon.
Original post by infp2019
Have not heard back... but Monday will only be two weeks since I applied... my uploaded videos have been looked at so hopefully will hear back soon.

I’m an INFP too 🙊
Original post by invisiblenova
I’m an INFP too 🙊

I think social work appeals to a lot of NFs.
I just found out I have got a place on the Applicant day!! Im so excited but really nervouse and have no idea what to do to prepare?
Original post by ksildatke1
I just found out I have got a place on the Applicant day!! Im so excited but really nervouse and have no idea what to do to prepare?

Congrats.... fingers crossed for you.
Original post by infp2019
Congrats.... fingers crossed for you.

Thanks have you heard back yet?

Quick Reply