Currently A level biology how many tests you have had and on which topic

Watch
asdjas
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I go to a **** college, My biology teacher is very laid back and doesnt care. I need to know how you guys are preparing. PLEASE HELP! I do not want to fail, i do go to a very bad sixth form which is not fault but the colleges are too far away from where i live. PLEASE PLEASE HELP
juicyapples
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, for one of my biology teachers this was the case. What I'd suggest is buying the CGP revision guide for whatever biology specification you're doing and then write out notes (copy everything) from there. I did this using highlighters and everything. Also try to use any of the notes that you've made during class if possible and re-write them. I'd also strongly suggest doing as many past papers you can on a specific topic if you are having a test and copying down the mark scheme. Look at them and attempt to do them, but heavily use the mark scheme as biology is very picky when it comes to wording. In my sixth form, we do end of topic tests and end of chapter tests (but once every 2 chapters completed). I didn't learn anything from that biology teacher's lesson but I still get As/A*s in tests and mock exams because of what I do.
RicoChandarana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by juicyapples)
Honestly, for one of my biology teachers this was the case. What I'd suggest is buying the CGP revision guide for whatever biology specification you're doing and then write out notes (copy everything) from there. I did this using highlighters and everything. Also try to use any of the notes that you've made during class if possible and re-write them. I'd also strongly suggest doing as many past papers you can on a specific topic if you are having a test and copying down the mark scheme. Look at them and attempt to do them, but heavily use the mark scheme as biology is very picky when it comes to wording. In my sixth form, we do end of topic tests and end of chapter tests (but once every 2 chapters completed). I didn't learn anything from that biology teacher's lesson but I still get As/A*s in tests and mock exams because of what I do.
CGP simplify too much. Get the AQA approved oxford A level biology textbook.
juicyapples
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RicoChandarana)
CGP simplify too much. Get the AQA approved oxford A level biology textbook.
Well for SNAB biology, the textbook isn't very useful. It has some questions in there but there is a whole bunch of information that isn't really needed so I hardly ever use the textbook personally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.75%
Uncertainty around my education (86)
11.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (96)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.21%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.61%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (81)
10.83%
Financial worries (50)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.28%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.15%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.49%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (58)
7.75%

Watched Threads