The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

does anyone know how KCL account for GCSEs, A levels and UKCAT taken with extra time because of medical conditions? they ask for evidence of tru needs but what is this? there seems to be a spike in the numberof people getting the extra time for UKCAt and A levels (and GCSEs). how is this taken into account when inviting for interviews?
Original post by Mothergoose
does anyone know how KCL account for GCSEs, A levels and UKCAT taken with extra time because of medical conditions? they ask for evidence of tru needs but what is this? there seems to be a spike in the numberof people getting the extra time for UKCAt and A levels (and GCSEs). how is this taken into account when inviting for interviews?

You are probably best off contacting kings admissions directly for information regarding this x
thanks KCL got 27 new places from this year (not as good as for QML with 55) sosurely they will interview more applicants.
I'm applying.

BSc 1st class.
MSc Merit.
UKCAT: 3100 band 1.
Original post by ArcherBear
I'm applying.

BSc 1st class.
MSc Merit.
UKCAT: 3100 band 1.

Yay a fellow grad applicant! Are you also applying to GEM? :smile:
Original post by Kentbiomedic
Yay a fellow grad applicant! Are you also applying to GEM? :smile:

You betcha! so feel free to PM me if you want :smile:
thank god i wont be competing against @ArcherBear
Original post by singhaman
thank god i wont be competing against @ArcherBear

Lol dude... c'mon. We're all competing. Why do you say you won't be competing against me? And if you're applying to KCL, chances are your stats are good enough to be competitive
i am not applying to gem :P @ArcherBear
i am not applying to gem :P @ArcherBear

Oh.. But I'm applying to the KCL undergrad 5 year course too so I suppose we're competing in that sense?
@ArcherBear, i dont like you anymore -_-

😂😂 you’ll be fine ! What are your stats?
755 b1. 2.1. on a masters now
Ukcat 2018 final avg at 2485.... A disaster year. I understand that people who took it in sept had much harder test? Possible?

LOOL dude you'll be fine!

I can't say too much in order to protect my anonymity but trust me when I tell you that with your stats you are in a damn strong position to apply to King's GEM not just the undergrad, and I'm not just saying that to be nice.
Original post by Mothergoose
Ukcat 2018 final avg at 2485.... A disaster year. I understand that people who took it in sept had much harder test? Possible?

Honestly! We did so much worse than last year, that could be because the tests were harder this year? Or people maybe were not as prepared?
LOOL dude you'll be fine!

I can't say too much in order to protect my anonymity but trust me when I tell you that with your stats you are in a damn strong position to apply to King's GEM not just the undergrad, and I'm not just saying that to be nice.

got rejected after 3 interviews last year. my problem isnt really getting to interviews
got rejected after 3 interviews last year. my problem isnt really getting to interviews

Well then you know what you need to focus on. Have you had mock interviews? What do you think went wrong? I'm not really worried about interviews. The main hurdle for me is getting invited to interviews.
Well then you know what you need to focus on. Have you had mock interviews? What do you think went wrong? I'm not really worried about interviews. The main hurdle for me is getting invited to interviews.

honestly, i am low-key hoping that my ukcat will just carry me. i am not sure what i can do to improve my interview skills, i read books, internet, went to a course etc. nothing seemed to have helped. i am gonna try contacting more doctors this year and get them to do more mocks with me
honestly, i am low-key hoping that my ukcat will just carry me. i am not sure what i can do to improve my interview skills, i read books, internet, went to a course etc. nothing seemed to have helped. i am gonna try contacting more doctors this year and get them to do more mocks with me

Can i give you some unsolicited advice? Books will only get you so far. And the course? Meh I'd probably skip that. I found mock interviews to be the single most helpful thing. Also preparing your answers but not preparing them too much. e.g. Write down some possible interview questions and then answer them with bullet points. I only focus on remembering the bullet points for interview because that allows me to speak more naturally so it's not a rehearsed answer and then your passion is able to come across

Latest

Trending

Trending