The Student Room Group

Mozzarella? Cheddar? Roquefort? Toastie tries to find her way...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lemur14
I can already tell you my opinion will be what are these horrible things :lol:
They might not admit to being confused but they probably are...At one point last year I was understanding stuff like 2 lessons behind :lol:
Yep :yep:
:woo:

:laugh:
hmm probably:smile:
:rave:
Original post by ikuyo
christ that's a lot of work! You seem very diligent and intelligent, I wish you the best for A Levels!! :biggrin: Please tag me c:

Thank you:hugs: if you knew me irl then you’d have heard some of my stupid comments and know the truth:facepalm:
Will do:smile:
Original post by nyxnko_
yep :biggrin:
:rofl: you must have felt very betrayed...
:hugs: I guess you've done it now :yes: How did it go?

I was; my whole life is a lie!
Yes I have:woo: I struggled with stats but I think *fingers crossed* that mechanics went well:yep:
Original post by Toastiekid
I was; my whole life is a lie!
Yes I have:woo: I struggled with stats but I think *fingers crossed* that mechanics went well:yep:

:rofl: Hopefully, not everything in your life is a lie. :crossedf:
Glad they went okay. Stats is a bit... waffly? idk.. it's not very objective sometimes :dontknow:
But hey, you're now done!! :party:
Original post by nyxnko_
:rofl: Hopefully, not everything in your life is a lie. :crossedf:
Glad they went okay. Stats is a bit... waffly? idk.. it's not very objective sometimes :dontknow:
But hey, you're now done!! :party:

:hugs: that sums it up, one of the questions was one where we had to pick between two statements for which was the most likely and give a brief explanation:eek: so I whipped out some key words and am hoping for the best:dontknow:
I know:excited:
:hugs: that sums it up, one of the questions was one where we had to pick between two statements for which was the most likely and give a brief explanation:eek: so I whipped out some key words and am hoping for the best:dontknow:
I know:excited:

:cube:
yeah, that's probably all you can do with those questions.
Original post by nyxnko_
:cube:
yeah, that's probably all you can do with those questions.

:hugs:
Tag me!
I'd love to become a toastinator :tongue:
Tag me please! :biggrin:
Original post by Fazzy_77
Tag me!
I'd love to become a toastinator :tongue:

Will do:smile:
Original post by danîel
Tag me please! :biggrin:

Sure :wink:
this post is not procrastination
or is it?...
so my week has been normal i think, i can't remember anything weird happening:dontknow:

wednesday
Wednesday began with personal development which was awesome because we're a lesson ahead of the rest of the year so were given a revision period to cram for our final k1 assessment:woo: (mechanics n statistics:wink:)

then there was double economics, in which we started price elasticity of demand which kinda went straight over my head:colondollar: I was listening but it just didn't click with me.

in core we sat our final assessment:ahhhhh: it was 22.5 minutes of mechanics then 22.5 minutes of statistics (precise, I know...). the mechanics part was fairly simple; each question was quite formulaic but stats was a lot more subjective:eek: (also think I may have muddled up independent and mutually exclusive events:facepalm:).

then we had assembly on black history month and challenge in which we did a timed smc paper:cry: I ended up with 42 marks on questions 6-25 (we didn't do 1-5 because apparently we can assume we'd get them correct!). The 42 marks wasn't even a bronze:sadnod: but hopefully with practice and the first five questions I'll be able to improve:yep:

thursday
began with me managing to get the early train which was lovely and empty:gah:
first i had double physics in which we looked at how computers store information which was essentially computer science:dontknow: we also tried to calculate the size of the cells in our retinas by doing eye tests:laugh: it was really fun:teehee:

after break we were supposed to have core but we got our laptops we'd bought instead:woo: (which I'm typing on atm:love:)

then there was mechanics where we got our tests back which terrified me because that was some scary fast marking from my teacher:eek: I got 17/18:party: which i was so pleased with:proud: (also funnily enough the mark i lost was from stating the equation instead of words for newton's second law:facepalm:)

project xyz was next, we looked at the skills needed for different briefs and some example applications:yep: we've been given all of the briefs now which means i've got to decide which ones i'd potentially like to do:excited:

finally i had a free which was spent downloading graphing apps *cough* and instagram *cough* onto my laptop:ashamed: and chatting to my friends:wink:
after school i went to the gym with a friend from my old school:smile:

friday
well this was hellish
my morning was pretty hectic; there was an issue with the trains so i had to get the bus to another station (and there was a load of traffic:grumble:) then get on a ridiculously busy train from there. twas like a game of sardines:frown: As my train got in so late I had to run to school and somehow made it there in the last 30 seconds before i'd have been 'late'
core was first:rave: we did a competition to see who could get as many right until they made a mistake. this gurl got the first question wrong so got a big fat zero:teehee:

stats was next, we looked at data taken from a reaction test we did and made box plots by hand then on excel. essentially we proved that we were incapable of using excel:laugh:

after break we had economics, in which we did cross price elasticity of demand which I mainly understood:party2:
then i had a free in which I corrected some of my old economics homeworks and handed them in and chatted to friends:grin:

after lunch i had sport which was decent, i chatted with friends and won a few ping pong matches!

after school i had to whizz home for my tennis lesson but my train was delayed and then cancelled:cry: so i had to get picked up from a train station about half an hour away from where i live meaning i was late to tennis:frown: tennis was fun though:yes:

saturday
today has been cold and miserable:sadnod:
I had tennis this morning and it tipped down with rain (and obviously we kept playing even though it was coming down in buckets:dontknow:) so i was drenched by the time i got home:cry:
then i had to walk (in the rain) to my guitar lesson. by the time i got there my fingers were so cold that they'd gone numb:gasp: but i managed to warm them up by the time we started our piece (we were doing new england by kirsty maccoll:music:)
when i eventually got home i started typing this post, got distracted and played 20 games of connect four with my brother oops, and now i'm back here typing out this post:thumbsup:
by the time i go to bed i want to have made a good start on my economics homework or mechanics homework and to have practiced piano (as ughghghg i never practice which makes my lessons horrible:sadnod:)

sunday
tomorrow i plan to finish off my econ/mechanics homework, start my physics homework and do some old smc questions but that's me being way too ambitious:yes: in reality i'll probably only get half of those things done:colondollar:
i've also got volunteering at british heart foundation:yawn: and need to sort out my application for gold DofE:colone:
i'd like to go to nando's tomorrow too with a friend but that'd involve me finding a friend willing to watch me cry as i eat a hot chicken wrap:lol:

anyway, that's all from me for today, i hope everyone has had lovely weeks:heart:
also who's watching bake off/the apprentice/the good place? this time of year is so great for tv:rave:
TOASTIEKID
06/10/18

toastinators:love:

Spoiler

glad you had a good week :woo:
yay for empty early trains and your new laptop! :yay:
wrap up warm tonight (#potatolola) and don't catch a cold :hugs:
totally relate with the not practising :sadnod: my teacher's too nice to have a go at me when I don't practise but I always feel bad and still don't practice :tongue:
Bake off and the apprentice! :biggrin:

Yay for your mechanics test :smile:
Connect four is awesome :gah:
Desmos is a good website for graphs if you want an online one :smile:
Jesus, an assessment for the duration of three-quarters of an hour, and only 18 marks available? What were those questions like?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by nyxnko_
glad you had a good week :woo:
yay for empty early trains and your new laptop! :yay:
wrap up warm tonight (#potatolola) and don't catch a cold :hugs:
totally relate with the not practising :sadnod: my teacher's too nice to have a go at me when I don't practise but I always feel bad and still don't practice :tongue:

woo woo
i'm sat in fluffy socks as i type this:yep:
that sums me up:colondollar:
Original post by laurawatt
Bake off and the apprentice! :biggrin:

Yay for your mechanics test :smile:
Connect four is awesome :gah:
Desmos is a good website for graphs if you want an online one :smile:

:woo: they're both so great!
i know:gah: i play it a lot in my frees at school oops
yEs we use it in class sometimes:wink:
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Sounds like you have had a pretty good week! I wouldn't worry too much about SMC- it's a nice to have whereas doing well in your A-levels is a bit more essential :wink:

i have:smile: i'm not worried i'd just like to do well in it otherwise all those challenge sessions have been a bit of a waste of time:colondollar:
Original post by Tolgarda
Jesus, an assessment for the duration of three-quarters of an hour, and only 18 marks available? What were those questions like?

oh no i don't think i explained it clearly! my assessment was 45 mins in total with half being mechanics and half being stats. each section was out of 18 so in total it was 36 marks in 45 minutes:laugh:
I'm nervous about senior maths challenge myself because just for once I want to get a gold, and this'll be my last one :sadnod:
Original post by Sinnoh
I'm nervous about senior maths challenge myself because just for once I want to get a gold, and this'll be my last one :sadnod:

best of luck:hugs: i never did better than silver in the imc so to get gold would be a dream:gah: aw sinnoh i'm sure you'll find another mathsy competition:smile:
well done on mechanics!:smile:
what's project xyz again?:lol:
woo woo
i'm sat in fluffy socks as i type this:yep:
that sums me up:colondollar:

:lovehug:
good :yes:
:rofl:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
well done on mechanics!:smile:
what's project xyz again?:lol:

:smile:
It’s a research project which we work on in groups:wink:
Original post by nyxnko_
:lovehug:
good :yes:
:rofl:

bake off of course!!! my faveee went out last week my heart was broken. and the good place when it finally comes out on ae netflix :cry:

i'm glad you've had a "normal" week :heart: cold rain really sucks tbh, i hope your fingers are alright now:tong:
Sounds like you've been super busy! Well done for getting all those assessments done! (I'm not sure if you're actually sitting the AS exams, but if you are you get 37.5 minutes for each stats and mechanics so that's precise too :lol:)

Bake off :gah: (although I'm not up to date so trying to avoid spoilers) and the apprentice :awesome: (up to date as off about an hour ago :lol:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply