The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Optional Personal Statement

I'm in the process of completing the SAQ, for an application to study Law at Downing College.

Is it recommended that I complete the additional personal statement?

Will I be at an advantage/disadvantage if I submit/don't submit it?

Thanks
Reply 1
Bump
Entirely neutral - no obligation to add anything but if there is a reason to add Cambridge specific (typically if you are applying for a different course at Cambridge to elsewhere) thus is the place to do it.Realistically personal statements in the sciences are not that important (but do list Olympiads etc).
Reply 3
Original post by Haider_A
I'm in the process of completing the SAQ, for an application to study Law at Downing College.

Is it recommended that I complete the additional personal statement?

Will I be at an advantage/disadvantage if I submit/don't submit it?

Thanks

Leave it blank unless you have something useful to add.

Original post by jkjkjka
Realistically personal statements in the sciences are not that important (but do list Olympiads etc).

They are applying for Law.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi - I'm also applying for law, but at St John's. In terms of adding something, would it be useful just to comment on what attracts you to the Cambridge law course i.e if there's a topic specifically taught there?
Reply 5
Original post by graceeeee5
Hi - I'm also applying for law, but at St John's. In terms of adding something, would it be useful just to comment on what attracts you to the Cambridge law course i.e if there's a topic specifically taught there?

Yep, that's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm also applying for Law, but at Caius :smile: I didn't write much for the additional PS, just briefly mentioned which part of the course attracts me and something extra that I didn't get to mention in my UCAS PS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending