The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sainsburysbasics
Hi :smile:, I haven't seen a thread on this yet, so here are my stats
GCSE'S: 1A* 4A 4B 1C
A-level predictions: AAA-AAB
UKCAT score: 615 average and SJT band 2
Also applying to Southampton BM6, Nottingham and Leicester foundation Medicine. How likely do you think I am of getting an interview :smile:
Please feel free to share your stats and where else you're applying x

are you participating in the Realising Opportunities, Medview or the K+ programme???
Original post by medicinemaniac
are you participating in the Realising Opportunities, Medview or the K+ programme???

No wby?
No wby?

me neither, but on their website it says to be eligible for the EMDP programme you have to be participating in one of those?
Original post by medicinemaniac
me neither, but on their website it says to be eligible for the EMDP programme you have to be participating in one of those?

No there's two criteria and have to meet one. I meet the other critieria- state school from age 11 and acorn 5 postcode.
What's your stats? :smile:
No there's two criteria and have to meet one. I meet the other critieria- state school from age 11 and acorn 5 postcode.

i meet the same criteria as you, dont feel stressed anymore phew
Do kings accept resits?. I don't know how it works lol, do you resit then apply? Also, are you a gap year applicant?
Original post by hayilaas
Hey, I’m also applying to this.
GCSEs: 2A* 7A 1B 1C
A-Level achieved: A*AB
UKCAT: 655 + SJT Band 1
I am applying to UEA and Nottingham foundation year + maybe Leicester too

I think your stats are fine because I know someone with 600 avg that got in last year

Where did they get in with a 600 average? And was it for the foundation course or the normal medicine course?
Original post by IMedicine
Where did they get in with a 600 average? And was it for the foundation course or the normal medicine course?

The foundation course
(edited 5 years ago)
Hey my stats are:
GCSE 6A* 5A
A Levels achieved AAB
UKCAT 610 Band 3
Participated in K+ programme and live in accorn 5 postcode, went to state schools frome age of 11.
- Had 1 week shadowing junior doctor in local hospital.
- 4 months volunteering at pharmacy
- 4 weeks receptionist in GP practice
- 1 week volunteering at a dementia care home
Do you guys think I stand a chance of getting into EMDP kings?
I’m an EMDP student. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask
Guys I'm planning to apply but unsure if I meet criteria? I meet the postcode one and that's I've been in a non selective state school since 11? Is that ok or
Stats are
A*AABBBBBCC
A*BB Predicted
Ukcat 620 band 3
(edited 5 years ago)
I am planning to apply but i am not sure if i would get in through normal entry, I got
4a*
3a
c
8/a*
2- 6/b
1c
i got 650 UKCAT
predicted a*aa
Reply 33
Not sure if I should apply...

Statistics:

GCSEs (lol): 1A*, 2As, 5Bs, 1C (French)
UKCAT(lol): 633
A-Levels: A* (Biology), A* (Maths) and A (Chemistry)

What do you all think
Original post by chelseafc141
I’m an EMDP student. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask

Hey there, I applied for this course and really hope to be made an offer. Do you know when about do King's start giving out interviews and any tips on how best to prepare? Would some interview questions be about A-level biology and how to tackle NHS questions?
A reply will be very much appreciated😀
Original post by Sixtysix666
Hey my stats are:
GCSE 6A* 5A
A Levels achieved AAB
UKCAT 610 Band 3
Participated in K+ programme and live in accorn 5 postcode, went to state schools frome age of 11.
- Had 1 week shadowing junior doctor in local hospital.
- 4 months volunteering at pharmacy
- 4 weeks receptionist in GP practice
- 1 week volunteering at a dementia care home
Do you guys think I stand a chance of getting into EMDP kings?

if you were in K+ you should be fine
Original post by seph_muriel
Hey there, I applied for this course and really hope to be made an offer. Do you know when about do King's start giving out interviews and any tips on how best to prepare? Would some interview questions be about A-level biology and how to tackle NHS questions?
A reply will be very much appreciated😀

For EMDP, last year they gave out interviews late December, early January time. I would say to prepare for any science or maths questions. Even though it’s an MMI, I suggest you prepare for it like you would for a panel interview ie reflect on why you want to do medicine, your work experience, current NHS issues and how you would answer questions related to ethical scenarios
Original post by chelseafc141
For EMDP, last year they gave out interviews late December, early January time. I would say to prepare for any science or maths questions. Even though it’s an MMI, I suggest you prepare for it like you would for a panel interview ie reflect on why you want to do medicine, your work experience, current NHS issues and how you would answer questions related to ethical scenarios

Thank you so much for your reply!😀 I will take what you have said into account and start preparing as best as I can. To be honest, I dread the interviews so much😅
Hey everyone!

This is the thread for those wishing to apply for the A101, Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) here at King's College London, for entry in September 2019. Feel free to mix and converse with those going through the process with you.

The online prospectus page for A101 is found here: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...amme-mbbs.aspx
Reply 39
Does anyone know how kings weight the SJT band , eg what score do you get for each band . Also if your application is strong but your SJT band is low how much of an impact it can have?

Latest

Trending

Trending