The Student Room Group

RS ' For Christians, the most important belief is that God is Loving'

Hey Guys I've got a question for my RS Essay:

"For Christians, the most important belief is that God is loving"
Evaluate this statement

It's just general Christians (so not specifically Catholics, etc. ) A table of for and against she {my teacher} said would be useful

Thanks if you can help!
What exam board are you doing?
i've moved this to religious studies.
i'd find pros/cons for this kinda difficult tbh. you might want to talk about what is the root belief of christianity eg. jesus died on the cross so we could be saved- however you could say this is due to god's love that this was able to happen thus it makes up the root belief in some way. or you could say that god's love is not the most important belief but the fact that jesus died for us.
other christians might say that the most important belief for them would be of the afterlife- so it means that they have to be more considerate of the life they're leading right now before they're judged by god when they pass on.
sorry this isn't a lot, my re's a bit rusty after a few months:lol:
Original post by EO4LIF3
Hey Guys I've got a question for my RS Essay:

"For Christians, the most important belief is that God is loving"
Evaluate this statement

It's just general Christians (so not specifically Catholics, etc. ) A table of for and against she {my teacher} said would be useful

Thanks if you can help!

I'm not sure how helpful I'll be but I can try.
Arguments for:
- You could write about how God is just. He treats everyone fairly because he loves everyone equally.
-He split himself (I'm not sure if split is the right word) into the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit for us. The Son (Jesus) helps us because he is human like us, which makes us be able to relate to him more.

Arguments against:
-you could say that having faith in God is the most important thing. Like how God tests Job to see how much faith he has in Him.
-God's omniscience (being all-knowing) is more important as it shows that he is above everyone else.
Reply 4
Original post by entertainmyfaith
i've moved this to religious studies.
i'd find pros/cons for this kinda difficult tbh. you might want to talk about what is the root belief of christianity eg. jesus died on the cross so we could be saved- however you could say this is due to god's love that this was able to happen thus it makes up the root belief in some way. or you could say that god's love is not the most important belief but the fact that jesus died for us.
other christians might say that the most important belief for them would be of the afterlife- so it means that they have to be more considerate of the life they're leading right now before they're judged by god when they pass on.
sorry this isn't a lot, my re's a bit rusty after a few months:lol:
To Christians, God's love is the root of it all - the death on the cross, salvation through faith, healing through prayer - all of it.

However, when you're doing RE at school, you're not learning about these religions; you're learning to pass the exams, the answers to which are rarely true. So OP needn't think about what a Christian believes, because if they stick to only what a religion is (rather than what the exam board wants to pass the subject), they'll fail.
Original post by Tootles
To Christians, God's love is the root of it all - the death on the cross, salvation through faith, healing through prayer - all of it.

However, when you're doing RE at school, you're not learning about these religions; you're learning to pass the exams, the answers to which are rarely true. So OP needn't think about what a Christian believes, because if they stick to only what a religion is (rather than what the exam board wants to pass the subject), they'll fail.

yeah, that's why the info i gave was slightly altered:dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending