The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St. John 2019 entry

Hi, just wondering if anyone is going to YSJ uni in September 2019? I accepted my place there and I decided to do a gap year because I was absolutely terrified of going to uni, so I was wondering if anyone has applied/is thinking of applying there. Or if you’re already there, what is it like?
Sincerely, a nervous wreck

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
I hope so! I’m waiting on my recommendation though so as soon as that’s done my applications being sent through!
I’ve applied for Criminology there for Sept 2019 😬 waiting for recommendation too before application goes off
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows how long it normally takes for York St Johns University after receiving an email saying that they are currently processing the application to offer a place for Biomedical Science?
Original post by Fizzyfuz
I applied for biomedical too. I heard from them yesterday asking me a copy of my transcriptions. Hopefully won't be long now.
Did you get evision portal username and password?

Yes I did get the username and password for evision. Why is there anything I need to find out from there?
Original post by echomeg
Hi, just wondering if anyone is going to YSJ uni in September 2019? I accepted my place there and I decided to do a gap year because I was absolutely terrified of going to uni, so I was wondering if anyone has applied/is thinking of applying there. Or if you’re already there, what is it like?

hey im brandon, i just got an unconditional to media so 99% sure i will end up there, sincerly another nervous wreck
Original post by georgiamayb
I hope so! I’m waiting on my recommendation though so as soon as that’s done my applications being sent through!

I’m pretty much in! Reduced offer of 80 points and let’s be real if I don’t get that, I don’t deserve it 😂
I’ve got an unconditional for York SJ and I love it more than any other unis I’ve applied for but I’m terrified to go and be alone so I don’t know whether to firm it😱
Hey, I was absolutely petrified to firm it too but if you think about it you will be living with people and they are probably gonna be just as scared as you. If you love it just go for it x
Original post by LeahThompson29
I’ve got an unconditional for York SJ and I love it more than any other unis I’ve applied for but I’m terrified to go and be alone so I don’t know whether to firm it😱
Original post by blrobertson
Hey, I was absolutely petrified to firm it too but if you think about it you will be living with people and they are probably gonna be just as scared as you. If you love it just go for it x

I’m trying to get myself to think positively and turn my nerves into excitement☺️adored my course and the city and I know as soon as I have friends I’ll love it
Exactly! I was at the uni today having one last looks before I go in September and I’m really excited but scared at the same time I’m sure once I have at least 1 friend It will be amazing 😊
Original post by LeahThompson29
I’m trying to get myself to think positively and turn my nerves into excitement☺️adored my course and the city and I know as soon as I have friends I’ll love it
Reply 12
Original post by blrobertson
Exactly! I was at the uni today having one last looks before I go in September and I’m really excited but scared at the same time I’m sure once I have at least 1 friend It will be amazing 😊

i second this!!
absolutely petrified, but we’re all in the same boat so it can’t be as bad as we might think :smile:
i hope when the time comes that it all goes well for you!
Original post by echomeg
i second this!!
absolutely petrified, but we’re all in the same boat so it can’t be as bad as we might think :smile:
i hope when the time comes that it all goes well for you!

Same goes to you lovely!!
I just came across your question 🙈 I'm going into my third year at York St John and I love it. Everyone is so friendly and they'll be on the same boat as you so don't worry. Also what better place to live than York? Good luck!
I’m about to graduate York St. John and it is heartbreaking 💔 Three years ago I was in the same position, absolutely terrified to go to uni but now, I wouldn’t change it for the world! It’s a terrific city, everyone is incredibly friendly and the amount of support on offer is amazing! Couldn’t recommend it more and honestly, you’ll have a great time! I’ve known lots of people meet their friends for life at York St. John! You really will love it
Original post by echomeg

Hi! I've almost finished my first year and ysj, decided my course wasn't for me and so I'm moving onto a new one whilst staying at ysj. The staff are amazingly kind and helpful, York is pretty safe too. All the accommodations are situated in a good distance and if you aren't getting along with your flatmates the accommodation staff are very good at finding somewhere else to move you! I'm now finding my own place in York for my "first" year in my new course so if you have any questions about York or the university feel free to ask!
Original post by echomeg

Hoping to go if I am well enough. Doing Primary Ed 5-11 - pu if you're doing this course!!
xo
Hi there. I'm Matt and I've accepted an unconditional offer for history and American studies as my firm choice at YSJU. I'm thrilled. There is such a range of courses, isn't there?
Reply 19
Hi,my names Tevan,I've applied for Politics with a Foundation Year. Nervous! But looking forward to going to YSJ!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending