The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate Video Interview

Hey, I have been invited to a video interview for Internal Audit Assistant graduate scheme with RSM and was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions I should expect please? Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

How did it go?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by fatimahpatel38
How did it go?

These are the Qs i got last year:

1) In this role you’ll need to complete qualifications and apply your new knowledge quickly. What thoughts have you had about this aspect of the role? (2 mins)
fgtuh
What you’ll enjoy about working towards a qualification?

What challenges you may come across while studying and how you’ll overcome these?

How you feel about juggling your studies while working?

2) As part of your role you’ll be involved in different projects working with a variety of clients and colleagues. How does this make you feel?

What you’ll enjoy about working with a range of different people?

What challenges you think you may face when working in a varied environment?

How you feel when you meet people for the first time?

3) Describe a time when you had to complete a large piece of work to a high standard against a tight deadline?

What approach you took to meet the deadline?

How you monitored your progress against the deadline?

How you ensured a high quality standard in your work?

What else was involved or available to help you?

What the outcome was?

4) Describe a time when you took the initiative to change and improve a process or a way of working?

What prompted you to make the change?

What steps you took to implement the change?

How others viewed the change and how their views made you feel?
Hi,

Thanks for your detailed reply. I applied for a placement position, and I got the 3rd and 4th Q that you did.
Good evening. I'd like to know if the questions were subdivided as you typed here or you just put it that way here for clarity. Thank you.
Original post by e^x
These are the Qs i got last year:

1) In this role you’ll need to complete qualifications and apply your new knowledge quickly. What thoughts have you had about this aspect of the role? (2 mins)
fgtuh
What you’ll enjoy about working towards a qualification?

What challenges you may come across while studying and how you’ll overcome these?

How you feel about juggling your studies while working?

2) As part of your role you’ll be involved in different projects working with a variety of clients and colleagues. How does this make you feel?

What you’ll enjoy about working with a range of different people?

What challenges you think you may face when working in a varied environment?

How you feel when you meet people for the first time?

3) Describe a time when you had to complete a large piece of work to a high standard against a tight deadline?

What approach you took to meet the deadline?

How you monitored your progress against the deadline?

How you ensured a high quality standard in your work?

What else was involved or available to help you?

What the outcome was?

4) Describe a time when you took the initiative to change and improve a process or a way of working?

What prompted you to make the change?

What steps you took to implement the change?

How others viewed the change and how their views made you feel?

Good evening. I'd like to know if the questions were subdivided as you typed here or you just put it that way here for clarity. Thank you.
Hi, where the questions subdivided or they came at once so for question 1 for example do you get each part separately or it comes at once.
Original post by Temmytopemi

Hi, where the questions subdivided or they came at once so for question 1 for example do you get each part separately or it comes at once.
Hello, so it was basically the same questions. There are four questions, each question broken down into about four parts. You'll be covering all four parts of each question in two minutes. Try to give a single answer that covers all parts of each of the four questions.
Hi, how long did it take till you got a reply after the online assessment with an invitation to the video interview? I have done mine around a week ago but still no reply.
Reply 10
Hey, my response came quite late! Have you completed the video interview yet?
Original post by Susan__
Hey, my response came quite late! Have you completed the video interview yet?

No, I sent them an email asking if I am still considered for the role and they said that I passed the online tests and they will send me the link with the video interview soon. That was on Friday and I still haven't received the invitation. Have you?
Reply 12
Original post by CelinaJ
No, I sent them an email asking if I am still considered for the role and they said that I passed the online tests and they will send me the link with the video interview soon. That was on Friday and I still haven't received the invitation. Have you?

Oh thats odd! I've received my telephone interview invite, it might be worth calling them up and seeing what they see!
Original post by Susan__
Oh thats odd! I've received my telephone interview invite, it might be worth calling them up and seeing what they see!

Hi guys in the same position. Applied to the 2019 graduate scheme, and haven't heard anything after the tests. Just logged into my account today to find that I have to complete a video interview, but for some reason I didn't get any email regarding this.
Reply 14
Hi guys,

I have applied for the RSM graduate audit assistant role and I have been invited to a video interview. Can anyone guide me as to how to prepare for this and how I can practice for this. Its my first ever video interview so I am quite nervous.

All help appreciated
:-)
Original post by Iqra35
Hi guys,

I have applied for the RSM graduate audit assistant role and I have been invited to a video interview. Can anyone guide me as to how to prepare for this and how I can practice for this. Its my first ever video interview so I am quite nervous.

All help appreciated

There has been a post made earlier on the questions asked. Like coping with studying and working, applying new knowledge quickly, what u will enjoy about working towards a qualification, what challenges u might encounter, how u feel about working with a variety of clients and colleagues and sorts. There are just four questions but all sort of broken down. Don't be nervous, it's not something that can't be done.
Original post by joffrey
Hey, I have been invited to a video interview for Internal Audit Assistant graduate scheme with RSM and was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions I should expect please? Thanks!

Hey I was wondering do you know what the starting salary is for this scheme?
Original post by Iqra35
Hi guys,

All help appreciated

I've also been invited to take the video interview. Have you any idea of what the starting salary is for the assistant audit grad scheme
Does anyone have a rough idea of the starting salary for RSM graduate schemes? can't seem to find it online anywhere!
I suggest that those who have upcoming assessment centres try to prepare for strength based questions. The questions aren't difficult or new. The only thing is the way they are asked can make it seem like they're trying to catch you out. Also, don't only bank on what you see on online forums....the strength based interview was with HR and one or two managers.
Group exercise, don't talk over others as usual and try to have good reasons for backing your team opinion up. Don't go in with a competitive mentality it won't help....it'll be really obvious to them. Don't forget it's not a competition....you're being judged based on what they perceive of you as a person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending