The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There is already a dedicated thread for the Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19. I would suggest if you are looking to apply for that to go over there.

If you are looking to apply to the SDIP, please tag me! I did the SDIP in 2017 and I am now on the Fast Stream as a Generalist.
I'm applying for the SDIP in the coming days.. @Airmed how much preparation do you think is neccesary for the situational judgement and behavioural questionnaires? I'm hoping to have the civil service competencies locked down before trying them, but I'm so nervous.
Reply 22
Original post by Katarvi
I'm applying for the SDIP in the coming days.. @Airmed how much preparation do you think is neccesary for the situational judgement and behavioural questionnaires? I'm hoping to have the civil service competencies locked down before trying them, but I'm so nervous.

I wouldn't overdo it. Have relevant exams. I didn't prep much.
Original post by sweetshops
What was the assessment centre like?

I was referring to the SDIP (no assessment centre on this programme).
Reply 24
Hey is anyone applying for the SDIP (not the fast stream)?
Reply 25
Hi there, I'm starting the application process and just wondering if the online tests get unlocked once you've submitted or if you have to wait a couple of days for them to get released? @Airmed anyone know?
Reply 26
Original post by sv98
Hi there, I'm starting the application process and just wondering if the online tests get unlocked once you've submitted or if you have to wait a couple of days for them to get released? @Airmed anyone know?

They were unlocked straight away for me!
Reply 27
Original post by han55
They were unlocked straight away for me!

Oh great, thank you!
Reply 28
Original post by Maryanh86
Any feee situational judgement tests you’re practicing with?

Original post by Maryanh86
I am currently undertaking my masters which I would complete in 2019 due to some exceptional circumstances. I was thinking of applying to both the fast stream and the SDIP. I’m aware applications open around September/October. How would I get notified? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!!!

Original post by SKA94
Hi guys,The next application opens on September 20th 2018. I recently went to a fast stream assessment centre event and was told.

Guys what does it mean if I still haven’t got a response for the online tests? My friend who did it a week after me received an “unsuccessful” email the next day. I checked online and it says E-tray results at the end of the month but this is still locked for me.
Nothing. It means you got to wait till the end of this month when they adjust the pass Mark to take into account how people have done. I did mine at the start of September and am still waiting.
Reply 30
I have combined the two threads hanging around for the SDIP into one thread, please don't be alarmed!
Reply 31
Original post by Airmed
There is already a dedicated thread for the Civil Service Fast Stream 2018/19. I would suggest if you are looking to apply for that to go over there.

If you are looking to apply to the SDIP, please tag me! I did the SDIP in 2017 and I am now on the Fast Stream as a Generalist.

I applied to the SDIP. Done my SJT a few weeks ago but still waiting on results! Do they usually come through once the application deadline has passed?
Reply 32
@Airmed Can I apply for this if I am curremtly in first year as the internship takes place in the summer next year before I start second year or do I have to be in second year to apply for this internship as my course is 3 years?
Reply 33
Original post by JD742
@Airmed Can I apply for this if I am curremtly in first year as the internship takes place in the summer next year before I start second year or do I have to be in second year to apply for this internship as my course is 3 years?

You need to be in second year or final year to apply.
Reply 34
I have submitted my initial application (ie personal details etc) and received an email saying, I can take they test when they are ready. Do you know when I will be able to complete this? It is a few days until deadline so I am worrying!!! Any advice would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 35
how long do they take to tell you whether you've passed the tests?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by H_Ax123
how long do they take to tell you whether you've passed the tests?

I still haven't heard back from them!
Original post by Bibliophile101
I still haven't heard back from them!

For SDIP this year for some reason it seems like they are waiting for the majority of people, at my Uni about 20-25 have applied that I know of, none have heard back, I doubt it's possible that everyone of us was Amber banded which would otherwise explain it.
Addition to my earlier statement, looks like they fairly recently updated the FAQs
SDIP and EDIP online test pass marks will be set in late October and mid-November respectively.
Quite annoying for those of us also looking to apply to other schemes in the Summer.
Reply 39
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Addition to my earlier statement, looks like they fairly recently updated the FAQs
SDIP and EDIP online test pass marks will be set in late October and mid-November respectively.
Quite annoying for those of us also looking to apply to other schemes in the Summer.

Thanks for letting us know

Quick Reply

Latest