The Student Room Group

Computer Science at Anglia Ruskin VS UEA?

If anybody knows, what's it like studying computer science at Anglia Ruskin university vs at the University of East Anglia. I'm probably going to apply to both anyway.
Reply 1
UEA has a far better reputation and their Computing Science course looks solid
Reply 2
Original post by yt7777
UEA has a far better reputation and their Computing Science course looks solid

yeah the UEA course looks quite good with loads of optional modules, but Anglia Ruskin's course is accredited and there are loads of tech companies in Cambridge.
Reply 3
Original post by Mihir Raniga
yeah the UEA course looks quite good with loads of optional modules, but Anglia Ruskin's course is accredited and there are loads of tech companies in Cambridge.

So is UEA’s course. From the university website

This course has been accredited by the British Computer Society for full CITP and partial CEng. Accreditation means that a candidate has fully or partially fulfilled the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng) and / or a Chartered Scientist (CSci) and / or Registered IT Technician (RITTech).

UEA also ranks 31st for Computer science in the U.K., whilst Anglia Ruskin ranks 98th.
UEA overall ranks 14th whilst Anglia Ruskin ranks 116th.
Original post by Mihir Raniga
If anybody knows, what's it like studying computer science at Anglia Ruskin university vs at the University of East Anglia. I'm probably going to apply to both anyway.

this is like comparing lse to plymouth..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Rugbee
So is UEA’s course. From the university website

This course has been accredited by the British Computer Society for full CITP and partial CEng. Accreditation means that a candidate has fully or partially fulfilled the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) and Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng) and / or a Chartered Scientist (CSci) and / or Registered IT Technician (RITTech).

UEA also ranks 31st for Computer science in the U.K., whilst Anglia Ruskin ranks 98th.
UEA overall ranks 14th whilst Anglia Ruskin ranks 116th.

Oh yeah, so it is. thanks for that. I'll take it into consideration

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending