The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Clinical Sciences at the University of Bradford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Is there a group chat for 2017 offer holders for clinical science??
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by WIZ255
Is there a group chat for 2017 offer holders for clinical science??

Hi, I was wondering the same! I got an offer for the foundation year 2017. Im assuming you have too?
Reply 482
Yeah I do
Original post by Reshelz98
Hi, I was wondering the same! I got an offer for the foundation year 2017. Im assuming you have too?

Hello

Would you like me to start a thread for this? Or feel free to create your own and link it here!

Emma
Reply 484
Hi

Would you be able to make one

Thank you
Here you go! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4703106&p=71370564#post71370564

Enjoy :smile:

Emma

Original post by WIZ255
Hi

Would you be able to make one

Thank you
Original post by University of Bradford
Hello

We put forward up to 20 of our highest achieving students for the transfer to Leeds to study Medicine.

The competitive process to be selected for these places is based on good academic performance, an application, interview and the BMAT.

It is at the discretion of Leeds Medical School how many of our students are accepted onto the course.

I hope that helps!

Emma

Dear Emma,

My daughter have Indian CBSE qualifications standard 10 (in place of GCSE/IGSE) and appearing for CBSE qualifications standard 12 (in place of A level)

1. CBSE standard 10 Qualifications: achieved A1 grade (CGPA 10) equivalent to 95% in English, Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined) and Social Science (History, Geography, Economics and Political Science combined).

2. CBSE standard 12 Qualifications: appearing in Mar 2019 and expecting to achieve A1 grade (86% and above) in English, Biology, Chemistry and A2 grade (76% to 85%) in Mathematics and Physics.

She is applying for A100 Medicine courses through UCAS to other Universities.

Kindly confirm whether she can send application directly to University for BSc Clinical Science courses at Bradford.

With Regards
Original post by swadesh69
Dear Emma,

My daughter have Indian CBSE qualifications standard 10 (in place of GCSE/IGSE) and appearing for CBSE qualifications standard 12 (in place of A level)

1. CBSE standard 10 Qualifications: achieved A1 grade (CGPA 10) equivalent to 95% in English, Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined) and Social Science (History, Geography, Economics and Political Science combined).

2. CBSE standard 12 Qualifications: appearing in Mar 2019 and expecting to achieve A1 grade (86% and above) in English, Biology, Chemistry and A2 grade (76% to 85%) in Mathematics and Physics.

She is applying for A100 Medicine courses through UCAS to other Universities.

Kindly confirm whether she can send application directly to University for BSc Clinical Science courses at Bradford.

With Regards

Hello :smile:

Your daughter can apply for this course on UCAS as her 5th choice. Please note, your daughter would not be considered for the transfer to Leeds to study medicine unless she was a UK based, widening participation student.

For further information on the entry requirements, please contact our admissions team on [email protected]

Thanks

Joe

Your daughter can apply for this course on UCAS as her 5th choice. Please note, your daughter would not be considered for the transfer to Leeds to study medicine unless she was a UK based, widening participation student.

For further information on the entry requirements, please contact our admissions team on [email protected]

Thanks

Joe

Thanks Joe.
I currently study 2 Alevles and a Btec applied science due to school complications I was unable to sutdy 3 full a levels. The A levels I am studying now at Biology and Psychology. My predicted grades are AA Distinction/Distiction*What are the chances of me getting into the foundation year of clinical science
Hi I currently study 2 A levels and Btec applied science due to school complications I was unable to do 3 full A levels. The A levels I currently study at Biolog and Pyschology and my predicted grades are AAD/D*

I was just wondering what are my chances of getting into the clinical science course at Bradford.
Good luck with your interviews, applications and everything else!

I have created a new thread for anyone who has any questions here University of Bradford - Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine 2019.

Cheers
Joe
What GCSEs do you need to get in?
Original post by Sofiya_Y
What GCSEs do you need to get in?

You will need GCSE grade C or 4 or above in English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry (or Dual Award Science) to be considered for the Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine.

Thanks
Joe
i want to try to do the same course as you, but i did not take the applied science route, instead i took a btec in health and social care... do you think i still have a chance of being accepted onto the clinical science foundation year?

You will need GCSE grade C or 4 or above in English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry (or Dual Award Science) to be considered for the Foundation in Clinical Sciences / Medicine.

Thanks
Joe

Hi, i got GCSES from grade 4 and above in English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry so hopefully i get accepted into clinical sciences/medicine. My question is, would i still get a chance to be interviewed or considered onto the transfer scheme into medicine, if i do well in my undergraduate clinical corse?
Original post by AishahSharif
Hi, i got GCSES from grade 4 and above in English, Maths, Biology and Chemistry so hopefully i get accepted into clinical sciences/medicine. My question is, would i still get a chance to be interviewed or considered onto the transfer scheme into medicine, if i do well in my undergraduate clinical corse?

Hello Aisha,

We will accept a BTEC extended diploma in any subject for our Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine, providing the minimum grades are DMM.

However, from September 2020, we will no longer be offering a direct transfer to Leeds Medical school. We will still have a link with Sheffield Medical school for those who meet the widening participation criteria.

Several other medical schools accept the Foundation Year for entry to Medicine, however, you must seek advice directly from the individual medical schools about this as some medical schools have particular requirements in addition to studying the Foundation Year.

Please see the above link for further information.

I hope this has helped.

Sue :h:
Hello Aisha,

We will accept a BTEC extended diploma in any subject for our Foundation in Clinical Sciences/Medicine, providing the minimum grades are DMM.

However, from September 2020, we will no longer be offering a direct transfer to Leeds Medical school. We will still have a link with Sheffield Medical school for those who meet the widening participation criteria.

Several other medical schools accept the Foundation Year for entry to Medicine, however, you must seek advice directly from the individual medical schools about this as some medical schools have particular requirements in addition to studying the Foundation Year.

Please see the above link for further information.

I hope this has helped.

Sue :h:

Thankyou so much, that helped alot
is this thread still open?
Can graduates apply onto this foundation course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending